Awoo.

So...since we are here...do you have a favourite character? Sure, they aren't that profound, but there must be a character that you like more than the others, right? Well, mine is Komachi. I just like her design, and her relationship with her boss. Such a shame that most fan-arts of hers focus on...you know...her talent. I still don't get where that came from.

Edited by PhantomNald

So...since we are here...do you have a favourite character? Sure, they aren't that profound, but there must be a character that you like more than the others, right? Well, mine is Komachi. I just like her design, and her relationship with her boss. Such a shame that most fan-arts of hers focus on...you know...her talent. I still don't get it where that came from.

yukari.gif

Memories of Phantasm - English Sub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OpZcpoHeW4

Now, this one is seperate from the Anime Project and has no VAs, but the animation quality and music is simply breathtaking. I think it's better without voices.

It's also the last thing they're gonna make as they ran out of money ): ZUN's kinda killed any anime projects, while I'm not gonna follow them, the fact is he's outright said to stop unless it's all voluntary work :V

So...since we are here...do you have a favourite character? Sure, they aren't that profound, but there must be a character that you like more than the others, right? Well, mine is Komachi. I just like her design, and her relationship with her boss. Such a shame that most fan-arts of hers focus on...you know...her talent. I still don't get where that came from.

My favorite character is everyone's favorite troll, Kogasa.

Gotcha. :trollface:

mokouavvy.png

That is all.

Edited by Axl
  • Thumbs Up 1

So...since we are here...do you have a favourite character? Sure, they aren't that profound, but there must be a character that you like more than the others, right?

My waifu

img0167ac.jpg

Touhou ?

Tried getting into the series. Started with EoSD and got hooked for two weeks. I gave up because I have a nystagmus problem on both eyes, so concentrating on small and fast bullets is really difficult.

But went back into it eventually and downloaded PCB, IaMP and IN. I like PCB because it's more light-hearted than EoSD, but I have problems with IaMP due to the controls (I suck at fighting games anyway) and IN doesn't interest me somehow.

I like the characters' personality though (and Marisa is the only character I can entirely relate to) and the vast universe of the series (although I have problems remembering names, and have to make researches for references to other stuff like mangas or Japanese history). But it's hard to get into it when I have problems playing the games and when I dislike mangas and books in general (which means I'm missing on a big part of the continuity).

However, I dislike the fan-made stuff. I don't know, I think it's... awkward. Happy energetic stuff tends to be awkward for me anyway (same for Japanese speaking. Why ? I dunno. Maybe I'm too much stuck in my own world).

How did I learn about the series ? My best friend is a Cirno fan. On 9/9/09, I decided to learn about the series. Yes, I heard U.N. Owen was Her before McRoll'd.

And I always play on Normal difficulty. I don't even try the Easy difficulty, in any game. But I only got to finish EoSD's Story mode with ReimuA on Normal difficulty with the bad ending, and EoSD's Story mode with MarisaB on Normal difficulty with the good ending, so... Yeah, I'm a really bad player and should be ashamed.

I almost finished PCB's Extra mode but I died at the very last moment (yes, the version I downloaded had everything unlocked).

Baiscally, I'm a noob player who plays like crap and can't really get into the series actually.

Sigh.

Although I'm interested in trying to get into the series again, this time by starting with Ten Desires... It IS the easiest game yet, right ?

Edited by Koopalmier

Although I'm interested in trying to get into the series again, this time by starting with Ten Desires... It IS the easiest game yet, right?
I honestly still don't know about that; I still haven't 1cc'd Normal yet, but maybe that's just me. Disregarding Ten Desires, Imperishable Night is the easiest of all, and I admit it does start off a bit slow.

But if you do decide to dive into Desires, be advised that the overall "feel" of the game is different than what you've played from EoSD to IN; Every game after those have a more fluid, streamlined atmosphere.

Cirno. Something about the bumbling idiot just makes me love her.

I honestly still don't know about that; I still haven't 1cc'd Normal yet, but maybe that's just me.

I 1cc'd it on day 0. That's right, the same day, that kinda says something when the other games I've 1cc'd Normal are IN and GFW :V

Edited by DarkOverord

Question: What's the background to Keine's stage in IN really supposed to look like? When playing on my computer and some others, it appears tan/beige, but on the computers at my high school, it would be significantly darker, like a blackish blue. That always bugged me to no end.

Question: What's the background to Keine's stage in IN really supposed to look like? When playing on my computer and some others, it appears tan/beige, but on the computers at my high school, it would be significantly darker, like a blackish blue. That always bugged me to no end.

stg3bg.pngstg3bg2.png

But honestly. It's pretty much Blueish black, red, beige, yellow....

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/DarkOverord/SS-11/Touhou/IN/th082.bmp

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/DarkOverord/SS-11/Touhou/IN/th083.bmp

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/DarkOverord/SS-11/Touhou/IN/th084.bmp

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/DarkOverord/SS-11/Touhou/IN/th085.bmp

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/DarkOverord/SS-11/Touhou/IN/th086.bmp

:V

Edited by DarkOverord

• 2 weeks later...

So I learned a trick from /jp/ (That was actually discussing the games for once instead of arguing if Marisa's snatch smells like dandelions or mushrooms; A rare sight) and it turns out that Yuyuko's Overdrive spellcard can be captured... by not moving. I tested it, and after retrying a couple of times (Which you will most likely have to do also), it actually does work. At least, for Rei and Mari it does. I tried numerous times with Sanae (about 35 times before losing interest) but no avail. It IS possible with Youmu, but I used the slashing attack for the first few seconds that Yuyu enters the screen, and then unfocused for the remainder of the time (The bullets disappeared right before the fatal one was about to hit me, so it may take a bit of timing and luck)

So if anyone wants a free cleared Overdrive card, there you go.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I beat Ten Desire's Extra Stage. T'was fun indeed.

I'll have to remember that trick about Yuyuko's Overdrive card o:

• 1 month later...

Touhou's alright. I say that in a way that kind of makes me sigh. I'll play it and enjoy it, but I won't go out of my way to. I've only played a couple.. I think 4 and 5? Do you fellows have any recommendations for some of the "better" ones?

I wanted to like em, but they just didn't seem to suit my taste from what I sampled. I'm a Cave kind of guy... *Plays some Ketsui* ...oops. I hope I didn't open up a can of worms by saying that!

Touhou's alright. I say that in a way that kind of makes me sigh. I'll play it and enjoy it, but I won't go out of my way to. I've only played a couple.. I think 4 and 5? Do you fellows have any recommendations for some of the "better" ones?

If the only ones you've played were 4 and 5 for PC-98, then yeah, any Windows title is "better." Enemy bullet patterns are 70% prettier than the 98 games, resulting in a much higher "WOW" factor. I don't play the 98 games in public because it might give off the impression that Touhou is really just Galaga with more bullets, which is the most annoying understatement made about the series.

A lot of people start with Perfect Cherry Blossom. (Th07) If you want an easier game (With more replay factor) go with Imperishable Night. (Th08) If you want to get used to the more modernized game engine that's used in the current games, go with Mountain of Faith. (Th10)

After that, if you just don't like the shooters at all, at least try the fighting games (Preferably Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, Th10.5) before you go. I don't even like fighters and I ended up liking them.

And don't believe anyone who says Ten Desires is the easiest game, because they are all kinds of pants-on-head, kush-smoking full retarded if they do make that claim.

Anyway, this has been stuck in my head for the last 16 hours. Please help me.

• Thumbs Up 1

And I always play on Normal difficulty. I don't even try the Easy difficulty, in any game. But I only got to finish EoSD's Story mode with ReimuA on Normal difficulty with the bad ending, and EoSD's Story mode with MarisaB on Normal difficulty with the good ending, so... Yeah, I'm a really bad player and should be ashamed.

I almost finished PCB's Extra mode but I died at the very last moment (yes, the version I downloaded had everything unlocked).

Baiscally, I'm a noob player who plays like crap and can't really get into the series actually.

Sigh.

Although I'm interested in trying to get into the series again, this time by starting with Ten Desires... It IS the easiest game yet, right ?

If you can 1cc EoSD, you're pretty good. Touhou 6 is pretty difficult (but still beatable). I could only 1cc PCB as Sakuya A on Normal.

I should mention that Yuyoko is pretty damn brutal and it's no wonder why PCB awards you with so many lives/1UPs compared to EoSD. XD

• 1 year later...

Okay, so a number of things have happened since last post. So sorry I haven't been here to help update, so here's an ultra-bump.

Those familiar with the series "A Summer Day's Dream" should know that a second episode was released quite a while back. At any rate, I'm glad the production value seems to be going up from the previous release. There are fanon jokes sprinkled in here and there, which both imply and reinforce this isn't to be taken entirely seriously, but rather enjoyed as you would read a doujin comic or something.

602px-ZCDS-0013.png

593px-ZCDS-0014.jpg

Two more music albums, Trojan Green Asteroid and Neo-traditionalism of Japan, respectively. I really need to catch up on the story of Renko and Mary, myself. Also, there was a mini music album dedicated to the Tohoku disaster.

Also this- Touhou Project 13.5th, otherwise known as Hopeless Masquerade. As you can tell from the thumbnail, it's the next fighting game in the series, and the first game in native HD.

The day after Hopeless Masquerade was announced, a new manga series was released: Forbidden Scrollery. The newest (and featured) character's name is Kosuzu Motoori, and if I recall she has the ability to decipher any writing she reads, no matter the language. Apparently she's on good terms with Akyuu as well.

Fanart of Kosuzu:

PmaODl3.jpg

Oh cool, theres a Touhou thread here! Ah yes, Touhou is probably my second favorite game series next to Sonic. 

I'm kinda iffy on 3.5 after playing the demo, while the sprite work and other visuals look fantastic, the controls and the way you move is the just....wtf? I mean I'll probably get used to it after a while but still....

Oh, a new post in the Touhou thread? Maybe a new game was annou-

Okay, so a number of things have happened since last post. So sorry I haven't been here to help update, so here's an ultra-bump.

Those familiar with the series "A Summer Day's Dream" should know that a second episode was released quite a while back. At any rate, I'm glad the production value seems to be going up from the previous release. There are fanon jokes sprinkled in here and there, which both imply and reinforce this isn't to be taken entirely seriously, but rather enjoyed as you would read a doujin comic or something.

FUCKING

FINALLY!

• 2 months later...

Oh hey there's a Touhou thread, heya li'l Touhou thread, don't worry I'll help keep you active..!

I still have yet to watch Ep2 of a Summer Day's Dream, and actually on that note, wasn't Episode 2 of Fantasy Kaleidoscope supposed to be out now too? I haven't been able to find it anywhere but there are tons of PVs.. I'm lookin forward to Hopeless Masquerade too, I know making fighting games takes a lot of time and effort, and considering everyone has been resprited and animated it's no wonder, but I'm still a little sad that the playable roster is so tiny. I'll miss Yukari. :C (but at least we'll likely get Byakuren..!!)

Ok so now for the main event..! Since I guess it hasn't been posted here yet even tho I'm sure many of you already know.

Touhou 14 announced!

20130512_touhou01.jpg

20130512_touhou03.jpg

20130512_touhou02.jpg

20130512_touhou04.jpg

20130512_touhou05.jpg

Reimu and Marisa and Sakuya (that's right, Sakuya) notice their weapons behaving weirdly and a bunch of youkai awaken and begin to hatch a plot. Or something. It's Touhou 14 as you truly imagined it! Apparently the gameplay will be simplified compared to recent entries, but not too retro either. I'm guessing ZUN's going for the kind of gameplay seen in 6-8. Hopefully it'll be better than Ten Desires which I didn't think was all that great (esp. music wise). Also in before Mima theories (is that a thing people do here?)

And hey ZUN, I hope you haven't forgotten about Sanae..!

Demo at Reitaisai 10 next week (same time of 13.5's release), and full game is expected to be released at Comiket 84.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm hoping for Komachi to appear.

Or Yuyuko. But, hey, I'm still going to play it, once it comes out, sure thing.

• Thumbs Up 1