Awoo.

Wheels in Motion

Roarey Raccoon

Hi guys, welcome once again to the new SSMB. I'd like to say "new and improved" but lawl, not quite yet methinks. Now then, just want to mention a few details to everybody for now, keep everyone in the loop so to speak.

First of all, as far as I'm concerned we're going to be a little relaxed on the rules and such whilst people settle in again, so 'favourite character' etc topics are allowed for now. I also appreciate the fact that people will be having a cocktail of different feelings at the moment so we're not gonna be expecting perfect behaviour. I'll be keeping watch over everyone to try and ensure things settle in again as smoothly as possible; I'll also be joined by the rest of the awesome SSMB staff, as soon as everyone manages to get back here, that is XP. If you see spam (no doubt some people will want to take advantage of the chaos and spam like assholes, after all, all old bans are removed etc) then please report it; I've been getting reports already so thanks a lot to those people who're using the report function XP.

Also, SEGASonic:Radio news. Currently the 24/7 Sonic music stream is down and will be for some time; remember everything, all that media, has to be uploaded to the new server so please be patient for that. However, this does not mean LiVECASTS, ie live shows, will be entirely cancelled. Until we get everything back, the forum will be used to advertise shows that are playing. Listen to SSR shows and give your support to our DJ's. There'll be plenty of oppertunity to celebrate the return of TSS and talk about your feelings with the DJ's too. So watch this forum for news regarding live internet radio shows, I'll also be providing you with instructions on how to connect and listen to our service :3. That will get its own topic though, so please bear with me for that one.

So that's it for now, we're concentrating on getting the teams organised again and we're currently waiting for an upgrade of our current IP software before we make any real modifications to the forum. So you'll be seeing this slightly unattractive skin for a little while longer, sorry guys XP.

---

For those of you having problems connecting to the site and are having to resort to proxy browsing, please try clearing your browser cache and if that doesn't work, just be patient. It's a DNS problem and the site hasn't been back for long yet. You'll be able to access us completely soon enough.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dreadknux

• Indigo Rush

• Fleetsy

• ~G~

I have a solution for folks having DNS problems. If you can't get onto the forum without a proxy, you can probably fix it by changing your DNS settings. Easily done, and all the instructions are over here:

https://www.opendns.com

You don't need to make an account there. Just follow the simple instructions to reroute your DNS address.

I guess I can handle the skin....

,,,,,,does anyone at least have the old Sonic Stadium banner saved so it could be slammed one the top? lol

As far as skinning is concerned, I might be able to whip up something quick today, if I can find time. :)

As far as skinning is concerned, I might be able to whip up something quick today, if I can find time. :)

I think the lack of a banner affects the board more than a skin. Might just be me being picky though. ^^

I think the lack of a banner affects the board more than a skin. Might just be me being picky though. ^^

I agree. A skin just makes things look prettier - but a banner lets people know they are home ;)

Banner it is then. Saves me work too. XD

I bet giving everybody chocolate would solve the problem! ;)

I kid, you work hard for us, man.

I've done a makeshift banner and background so things don't look so boring around here. :) It's not much, but it's something. Little known fact; the background we're using here used to be The Sonic Stadium's background back in April 2003. Back in those days, TSS was split into 'Channels' of content, with a different background and colour scheme for each section. This background was for the 'User Channel', for people to submit their works and get it published online. It's been a fair few years since we did anything like that though. :o)

I've done a makeshift banner and background so things don't look so boring around here. :) It's not much, but it's something. Little known fact; the background we're using here used to be The Sonic Stadium's background back in April 2003. Back in those days, TSS was split into 'Channels' of content, with a different background and colour scheme for each section. This background was for the 'User Channel', for people to submit their works and get it published online. It's been a fair few years since we did anything like that though. :o)

Not bad for a quick fix, Does make it look less "Default" :P

Gorgeous banner! Amazing for a 'quick fix' <3 Also loving the story behind the wallpaper scheme :)

This is awesome! I'm loving the banner and the background!

You rawk.

Heh, I was gonna do up a quick banner. I just didn't know how big you guys wanted it.

If you still want me to throw one together down the line I most certainly will still be up for it ^_^!

Damn man! That was some fast and VERY good work on the banner there!

I think that "quick fix" should be made permanent. Really decent banner.

And the background's none too shabby either - easy on the eyes, without being too boring. Loving it.

Love the banner, it's awesome. The background isn't bad either, it's not too in your face but not to boring either. Well done!

Ah now that's better, it's feeling a bit more like home now XP.

The whole feel at the moment is really nice. Amazing how a quick tweak can affect the feel of the board so drastically. :)

Nice work Dread.

Glad to hear the Livecasts aren't so severly affected as they are the highlight to SSR. I sure hope everyone isn't going mental over what's happened. Bad things happen but what with all the support you're getting (and rightfully deserve) I'm sure you can rest your minds a little bit that almost everyone wants you to take your time instead of rush.

This skin looks great, the logo's fine as well (did this come from an earlier version of the SSMB, I think I've seen it on archive.org).

Keep it up!