Awoo.

Why Sonic 4 will suck

Sparks

Convex embankments are those convex curved things that are essentially fourth of a circle. They technically change direction, but because of how Sonic works and how this game's physics largely ignore gravity, they might as well be straight lines.

Enemies seem placed as traps, such as that motobug in the leaked footage.

And no, I'm not buying this game.

...Motobugs have always been like that, ever since Sonic 1. I have no idea what your talking about. O_O

• Thumbs Up 1

And no, I'm not buying this game.

So, are you even gonna give this game a chance? Like by downloading the free demo?

It has crappy physics

So you've actually played the game then?

appears to have bad enemy placement

Bad enemy placement? You mean that ONE Motobug? Please, it's been like that since the very first Motobug in Sonic 1.

features a number of elements from newer games (HA, those convex embankments)

Features elements from newer games? Oh noes, they actually try to add to gameplay. It's totally not the same as New Super Mario Bros.

and we have a testimonial from a person who played it who says it's level design was similar to that of Advance 2

So we are instantly going to believe the statements of one single persons opinion on an ALPHA build of the game? Not saying he's wrong, but it's a bad habit of people to jump onto any negative information and immediately accept it as fact.

What more do you need?

To actually be able to PLAY THE GAME before I start making claims about how the game plays, perhaps? Or how bout solid evidence to these claims for starters.

EDIT: Wait, did a topic about a satirical article about extreme fanboy complaints turn into ANOTHER serious debate about how the game plays? Seriously, do people ALWAYS have to get up in arms about someone cracking a few jokes on fans and turn funny comedy into a serious discussion?

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Come on, everyone knows that Sonic 4 will suck because of green eyes and Rush physics, nothing else. Especially the green eyes. 8D

*shot*

I threw on a southern nerdy voice and decided to make my own parody of Sonic 4 and gaming audiences all together. XD;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDvSMDDq0rQ

(jump to 5:14 if you just want Sonic 4)

Kinda' frighting how I didn't make any of this up. LAst link I'm posting though.

The above signposts image led me to make the sig image seen below. Of course, I didn't defile the Sonic 4 post and left it as it will be in the final game.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, are you even gonna give this game a chance? Like by downloading the free demo?

I might, but the thought of the version of New sonic they used in this game filling my screen on the title screen isn't exactly thrilling... or maybe it is. The Sonic 4 title screen creeps me out.

So you've actually played the game then?

It's pretty easy to tell that gravity doesn't affect Sonic when he's on the ground.

Features elements from newer games? Oh noes, they actually try to add to gameplay. It's totally not the same as New Super Mario Bros.

What, the wall jump?

The Sonic 4 title screen creeps me out.

That's........ weird, to say the least......

It's pretty easy to tell that gravity doesn't affect Sonic when he's on the ground.

Again, you say that as if you've physically played the game. 06 looked good before people actually played it.

What, the wall jump?

Butstomp, triple jump, I believe the backflip, pretty much every move he's learned since Mario World is jammed into NSMBW.

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is it really so weird? He almost looks angry on the title screen. It's extremely off putting.

I don't know about you, but I thought 06 looked like crap when I first saw it, and that was without seeing people standing on walls.

New SMB Wii added things that don't replace what made the game good in the first place.

Phos, I really don't think your claims have any ground. Gravity DOES affect Sonic while on the ground, did you even watch the flippin video? At the end of it, the player stops on that hill, and it shows that he can't simply instantly run fastly up it again, JUST LIKE THE OLD GAMES!!! stop trying to find something wrong with a game that you havent played, have barely seen anything about, and are just searching for something to not be happy about. Oh, also, why don't you try re-playing the old genesis games, and then watch/look at a bunch of the footage that we've seen, and be ready to realize it's all really similar.

and motobug was ALWAYS a surprise, and i'm sorry you don't like the way Sonic has looked for the last decade, GET OVER IT ALREADY. If you don't like his stuff anymore, why are you still on Sonic-related forums? to complain about the present and talk about the good ol' days?

Edited by MrROBOTO1988
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Is it really so weird? He almost looks angry on the title screen. It's extremely off putting.

Still, potentially not trying out the game (or demo) simply because of the title screen seems extremely nitpicky.

Edited by gamerguy21

h1[2].jpg

That's... angry? He's smiling. Hell, I have this on my desktop background, he's smiling sure as fuck. Kinda assholish smile yeah, but it's mostly happiness/gloating.

New SMB Wii added things that don't replace what made the game good in the first place.

... How does the Homing attack replace anything? Don't like it, don't double tap A. If they add in places to homing attack, use some skill and bounce off normally.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are you sure you aren't confusing Sonic 4 with the previous 3 games?

I don't know about you, but I thought 06 looked like crap when I first saw it, and that was without seeing people standing on walls.

Most people didn't think so. Point is, you see a game in a completely different light when you actually play it most of the time.

Neither does the homing attack. It doesn't prevent you from jumping on enemies you know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Phos, I really don't think your claims have any ground. Gravity DOES affect Sonic while on the ground, did you even watch the flippin video? At the end of it, the player stops on that hill, and it shows that he can't simply instantly run fastly up it again, JUST LIKE THE OLD GAMES!!! stop trying to find something wrong with a game that you havent played, have barely seen anything about, and are just searching for something to not be happy about. Oh, also, why don't you try re-playing the old genesis games, and then watch/look at a bunch of the footage that we've seen, and be ready to realize it's all really similar.

You seem to be assuming that the player was holding right the entire time they were on the slope. This is very unlikely, given that Sonic was standing at two different angles and behaved the same way at both.

Still, potentially not trying out the game (or demo) simply because of the title screen seems extremely nitpicky.

I was being a bit facetious, I probably will end up trying the demo eventually.

h1[2].jpg

That's... angry? He's smiling. Hell, I have this on my desktop background, he's smiling sure as fuck. Kinda assholish smile yeah, but it's mostly happiness/gloating.

That assholeish/gloating trait is why I don't like it.

... How does the Homing attack replace anything? Don't like it, don't double tap A. If they add in places to homing attack, use some skill and bounce off normally.

I really doubt that that's going to be a practical thing to do.

Are you sure you aren't confusing Sonic 4 with the previous 3 games?

He looks pretty good if you ask me.

Neither does the homing attack. It doesn't prevent you from jumping on enemies you know.

We'll see. Games that have the homing attack tend to have air controls that aren't conducive to it.

And I feel compelled to mention that I really wish I could be positive about this game.

Goes both ways my friend. And we've officially come full circle.

We'll see. Games that have the homing attack tend to have air controls that aren't conducive to it.

The 2D games tend to have better execution, mainly in that they were completely optional. It was easy enough to go without using it, unlike when dealing with the 3rd dimension at which point it's mandatory to keep the game going smoothly and easily.

The most I can hope for is that the homing attack is given more opportunities and intuitiveness to be useful, rather than mandatory.

Edited by Black Spy

and i'm sorry you don't like the way Sonic has looked for the last decade, GET OVER IT ALREADY. If you don't like his stuff anymore, why are you still on Sonic-related forums? to complain about the present and talk about the good ol' days?

Okay, as much as I agree with all the other things you've said, MrROBOTO1988, I do have a problem with people bluntly telling others to get over something they don't particularly like.

Even if I don't agree with their likings, I'm not one who usually likes to hear "get over it" as a way for them to settle their dislikings. That's one of the ways people end up going for each other's throats, because they feel forced to like what they don't. I know there are somethings people do need to get over, but I'm not entirely sure Sonic's look is one of them.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't judge games by how they look in videos. They don't tell anything about HOW the player is playing. The idea behind most video games is to have a feeling of connection between the player and the game. If I don't see the other half of that, it really tells me nothing about the game.

I'm waiting for the demo, or at the very least a video that shows me the player's actions and the game's actions in 1:1 time, to form an actual opinion on the gameplay.

Edited by SuperStingray

Haha, the Sonic cycle cycle, nice! The original cycle means nothing to me, I love Sonic Unleashed, especially the werewolf stages, so I'm happy for gimmicks so long as they're fun ones, I just don't want damn glitchy games...

But I don't understand how so many people can already jump and say Sonic 4 will be bad when we've seen so little of it! I personally think it looks great and the only possible thing I can think that might go wrong is that the level layout might be different, I dunno, like a lot of people were disappointed with the handheld games because of the levels being less explorey and more ZOOOOOM, but I like it either way so long as there's a challenge involved, so I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, as much as I agree with all the other things you've said, MrROBOTO1988, I do have a problem with people bluntly telling others to get over something they don't particularly like.

I apologize for this, it was a rough day when i posted, not that that is an excuse, but you're right, I have no right to tell people they can't think a certain way.

Anywhoooooo, main point of this post.

Anybody watch the new leaked video of Splash Hill Act 1 played in its entirety??

Because I did. And I am now CONFIDENT that this game will NOT suck, and that it will be a worthy sequel to the classic Genesis Sonic games. Phos, as my main debater in this thread, I ask if you have watched it yet, and what your thoughts on it are. And I apologize for telling you to get over Sonic's looks. I like his looks, and I don't think they affect gameplay at all, but after this video I think we can debate some good gameplay footage now. So what are your thoughts?

Anybody watch the new leaked video of Splash Hill Act 1 played in its entirety???

You mean a video of the WHOLE act, not just part of it? Link please.