Awoo.

A new sonic show.

NoOneEver

Well, the last time Sonic got a new cartoon was in 2003, but it pretty much overstayed its welcome, in foreign markets at least. I'd say we're a bit overdue for a new one though.

Well, at least, Sonic is in good hands when 4kids isn't around.

Ummm... Care to clarify? 4Kids handled Sonic X just fine, at least when you compare it to their other dubs... *coughcoughONEPIECEcoughcough*

They kept every episode, and had minimal cuts. The One Piece dub was so bad, unlike the Sonic X dub, that it actually drastically changed the storyline. The BIGGEST change to the Sonic X dub was the score change, in my opinion.

And the voice actors are just fine. If I didn't know any better, I wouldn't be able to tell them and the older cast apart. And at least now we have consistency with the voices in all forms of the media.

Edited by MugiMikey
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Well, this site proves you wrong, right?

I've seen every Sonic X episode in Japanese, and in English. Don't take me for an ignorant fool.

You're acting like I've never even seen the Japanese version. Why would I say the dub was okay if I never even seen the original? Seriously, go watch their One Piece dub and then tell me the Sonic X dub was horrid. There's too many weeaboos in the Sonic community.

Edited by MugiMikey
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

I've seen every Sonic X episode in Japanese, and in English. Don't take me for an ignorant fool.

You're acting like I've never even seen the Japanese version. Why would I say the dub was okay if I never even seen the original? Seriously, go watch their One Piece dub and then tell me the Sonic X dub was horrid. There's too many weeaboos in the Sonic community.

How does liking the original over the 4kids dub make anybody a weaboo?

Anyways, it would be cool to see a new cartoon, I would prefer it to be in 2D cel-colored (right word?) animation than 3D.

How does liking the original over the 4kids dub make anybody a weaboo?

I never said there was anything wrong with liking the original over the dub. I said I think it's stupid to say the dub was in "bad hands" when they treated it just fine compared to their other properties.

Funny how the dub was more of a success than the original...

Well, at least, Sonic is in good hands when 4kids isn't around.

Sonic X being a terrible pile of fail had fuck all to do with it being a 4Kids property.

What's a weeaboo? huh.gif

A person who thinks/acts like he's japanese. They like using japanese words in their sentences etc.

its on encyclopedia dramatica, but they exaggerate everything http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Weeaboo

Lemanic:

I looked at the site and something made me laugh:

> All characters are VAs from the 4Kids cast that they use in all the anime they dub. In a FoxBox preview, Tails sounded like a girl (which made me very scared), but thankfully it's not as girlish as it was. But of course, nothing can replace the game's VAs

Right, except it changed 2 times xP.

Oh, I don't know about that. Most Sonic merch now isn't really aimed at kids, so a cartoon seems a little unlikely to me.