Awoo.

Dash & Spin Hyper-Speed Sonic

Cortez

GO GO GO GO GO GO

So I just stumbled across this manga by pure accident (the Bulbapedia article on CoroCoro of all things xD) and I've just been blown away by how... absolutly perfect it is!

The short little comic strips are laugh out loud funny and really really clever, kinda reminds me of AoSTH's writing in a way. After reading this I really wish Sonic Team would include a few tongue in cheek moments in the Sonic games poking fun at the characters rather than the usual 'Amy thinks new hedgehog is Sonic, hilarity ensues' bullshit we get with every new game.

Honestly, if they treated Shadow like this in the actual games he'd probably be one of my favourite characters...

Fucking lol @ the Omochao and Magnet Barrier strips by the way, pure genious.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vertekins

• Saint Nathan

• ovarloard

• Cortez

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know these! Hilarious shit they are. Especially Knuckles rape face when he first appears.

Also the omochao one makes me happy inside. I KNEW that fucking cat was underthere! THEY EYES WERE SOME SIMILAR WHY DID NO ONE ELSE NOTICE.

TeamArtail has more of Aoi's stuff

But yeah, they are class, those strips XD

As for Dash and Spin, that brings back memories. I recall reading them on the Portugese site "Portal Sonic" but they took them down ages ago. If my memory is right, the second volume had small strips with extremely surreal 'plots', like Sonic taking a leak (What the hell!?!?) and Sonic, Tails and Eggman all afflicted with the 'flu and having feverish delusions. I kid you not.

Where's the "more"? Those have been there since before SAdx was released. I happen to know this Aoi fellow has comics that go beyond Shadow the Hedgehog last I checked (years ago) ...Unfortunately it's in Japanese only, and I don't remember how to find his site anymore.

What I want someone to do is find that other Sonic manga, with the Charmy and Amy prototypes. Seems that only one image of that even exists.

So I just stumbled across this manga by pure accident (the Bulbapedia article on CoroCoro of all things xD) and I've just been blown away by how... absolutly perfect it is!

The short little comic strips are laugh out loud funny and really really clever, kinda reminds me of AoSTH's writing in a way. After reading this I really wish Sonic Team would include a few tongue in cheek moments in the Sonic games poking fun at the characters rather than the usual 'Amy thinks new hedgehog is Sonic, hilarity ensues' bullshit we get with every new game.

Honestly, if they treated Shadow like this in the actual games he'd probably be one of my favourite characters...

Fucking lol @ the Omochao and Magnet Barrier strips by the way, pure genious.

Wait, I think you're confused. The Dash & Spin Hyper-Speed Sonic comic is not the same as the strips.

BTW: The manga is really funny.

The manga was published in Japan, but not those strips, small humorous stories. I liked them when I read them a while back, but a bit... Odd.

I've known about these for a while. I found them while looking for Sonic manga scanlations.

I like this one:

568t.gif

I love this one too, but why censor Totoro?

scrib045e.gif

Wtf?:

621.gif

Edited by MarcelloF

Hell, these are older than the Internet.

I remember reading these when Sonic Adventure 2 was just about to come out.