Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

The freakin' eShop bombardment continues with Sakura Samurai hitting the North American eShop tomorrow. Intial reactions are very positive.

Assuming by DLC they mean "actual new content" rather than "download keys for stuff already on the disc ala Capcom/Namco" then I'm down for a Mario game with DLC.

I feel like Nintendo tripped at the starting gate with the 3DS, but they've really been making up for it.

Assuming by DLC they mean "actual new content" rather than "download keys for stuff already on the disc ala Capcom/Namco" then I'm down for a Mario game with DLC.

I feel like Nintendo tripped at the starting gate with the 3DS, but they've really been making up for it.

Doomed Panicked Nintendo is the Best Nintendo

• Thumbs Up 1

New downloads this week:

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - FEB. 9, 2012

Feb. 9, 2012 This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo Video™

Dinosaur Office: Romance (available Feb. 14 at 9 a.m. PST) - Craig deals with matters of the heart. Rawr! (For Nintendo 3DS™)

Nintendo eShop

Maru's Mission™ - Play as the ninja Maru in this action-packed side-scrolling game that will take you on a journey across the world. To rescue his girlfriend, Maru must face a number of mythological monsters. (For Nintendo 3DS)

WiiWare™

BurgerTime World Tour - This new version of the arcade classic features an innovative 3D environment and elevated retro game play. Enjoy challenging platform elements, boss characters and more than 20 meaty levels. (For Wii™)

Also new this week:

40-in-1 Explosive Megamix (Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare™)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit:http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/downloaddab83T65.php.

In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™ system, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Thursdays.

The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos in both 2D and 3D. Users can add money to their virtual wallets using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card.

The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that Wii, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visithttp://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds orhttp://www.nintendo.com/ds/systems/dsi.

<<Back

I think he's referring to the fact that NES games from that original owner package were nerfed to hell (ie with features cut), but now can be upgraded to be like the full experience you're supposed to get.

So Europe got another 3DS demo today (Crush3D), so they have what, 4 or 5 now?

Japan already has over 10 demos if I'm correct,

North America still only has 2 demos.

Welp, looks like there's nothing else to do on my 3DS for another week, again.

What I'm really bothered about is how we haven't gotten Wario Land yet. I mean, it's fucking been out in Japan since December 14th.

Metal Gear Solid 3D Demo Coming This Week To Nintendo 3DS eShop, Plus Super Mario Land 3

Nintendo Europe has announced that it’s releasing a demo of the long-awaited Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater which will be available to download via the Nintendo eShop on Thursday. Nintendo Europe has also announced that one of the classic platformers from the Game Boy era, Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3, is out on Nintendo eShop this week.

http://mynintendonew...r-mario-land-3/

Can't wait for the demo. I'd like to see how it will work on the 3DS :)

As for Wario Land, I'd rather it be number 3, but I can wait.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if North America will skip out on the demo, again. Not like we haven't gotten a demo for 3 weeks.

Not that I'm expecting a demo every week for the year, I'm just expecting one when other countries already have like 5-10 and we only have 2.

I wonder if North America will skip out on the demo, again. Not like we haven't gotten a demo for 3 weeks.

Not that I'm expecting a demo every week for the year, I'm just expecting one when other countries already have like 5-10 and we only have 2.

With the new Crush 3D demo, we only have 3 in Europe. We've STILL not got the M&S London demo you guys in the US have, despite the full game being out since Friday.

With the new Crush 3D demo, we only have 3 in Europe. We've STILL not got the M&S London demo you guys in the US have, despite the full game being out since Friday.

meh trust me you guys ain't missing much. The demo doesn't do the full game justice.

I've been off of the SSMB for some time. So I'm really late to the party. I also probably don't have anything of value to contribute, so I expect my post to get overlooked. But im in love with my 3DS, and I generally find handhelds to be pretty "meh" all around... then again, I never owned a PSP.

I only have Zelda, Starfox, Mario 3DLand, Mario Kart, and Sonic Generations so far... plus a lot of download games. My only problem is that the memory filled up really fast, since DSiWare can't run off an SD card... Speaking of SD Cards, I replaced the one it came with with an 8-gig. I use my 3DS as an MP3 player when im out every day, so I pretty much had to. I also use it as an Alarm Clock at night. And I love drawing, as do many of my friends, so I abuse swapnote all day every day, sometimes I even use Art Academy to send some colored Swapnotes. ...My 3DS is like... never off. Ever.

From the North American Press Site

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - FEB. 16, 2012

Feb. 16, 2012

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop

METAL GEAR SOLID® Snake Eater 3D (demo version) - From critically acclaimed director Hideo Kojima comes METAL GEAR SOLID Snake Eater 3D, a new 3D experience re-imagined from one of the most popular METAL GEAR SOLID titles in history. (For Nintendo 3DS™)

Nintendo eShop

Super Mario Bros.™ - Rediscover Mario™ and Luigi's first great adventure. Jump, kick shells and throw fireballs as you race through eight action-packed worlds to free Princess Toadstool from the Koopas in this iconic NES™ classic. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo eShop and Nintendo DSiWare™

iSpot Japan - iSpot Japan takes you on a journey across the Land of the Rising Sun, explaining facts and curiosities about Japanese culture while you play a classic "spot the difference" game in the country's most beautiful locations. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi™)

Wii™

Hulu Plus™ for Wii is now available!* - Watch any current season episode of top shows including Modern Family, Glee, Saturday Night Live, New Girl, and many others. Enjoy classic series, or explore critically acclaimed movies. To get started, download Hulu Plus from the Wii Shop Channel. *$7.99/month with limited advertising. Broadband Internet access required. http://www.hulu.com/plus/wii(For Wii)

Also new this week:

Strider™ (Virtual Console™ for Wii)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit:http://www.news2know...oadFm7n398e.php.

In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™ system, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Thursdays.

The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos in both 2D and 3D. Users can add money to their virtual wallets using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card.

The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that Wii, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visithttp://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds orhttp://www.nintendo.com/ds/systems/dsi.

With a Save State upgrade, what was initially an NES Ambassador title, Super Mario Bros is now available to the general public.

Ambassadors, all your games are belong to us!

In continuation, Hulu.

NINTENDO TEAMS UP WITH HULU PLUS TO OFFER THOUSANDS OF TV SHOWS AND MOVIES ON THE WII CONSOLE

Best-Selling Console Expands its Entertainment Options with More Popular TV Shows and Movies with Hulu Plus

REDMOND, Wash. and LOS ANGELES, Feb. 16, 2012 - Wii owners with broadband Internet access now have a new way to watch their favorite TV shows and movies. Starting today, Wii owners can subscribe to Hulu Plus for $7.99 a month and instantly stream current-season hit TV shows such as Family Guy, Glee, New Girl,Vampire Diaries, The Office, The Biggest Loser and Modern Family, as well as full back seasons of hit shows like Community and Grey's Anatomy. Kids can enjoy a growing library of favorites, includingArthur, Wild Kratts and Dinosaur Train, and families can browse through hundreds of popular movies from Miramax and more.

"Wii offers the most entertainment fun for everyone in the family, with an impressive selection of streaming movies and TV shows in addition to an unparalleled lineup of games that can't be played anywhere else," said Tony Elison, Nintendo of America's senior director and general manager of Network Business. "The Wii console is the hub of the living room, and with the addition of Hulu Plus, millions of households now have even more options for streaming premium TV shows and movies."

"We want to be everywhere, on every screen where people want to watch their favorite shows and discover new ones on their own schedule. Wii is not only one of the most important entertainment devices in the living room, but one of the most heavily anticipated and requested platforms by users and subscribers. Teaming up with Nintendo gives millions of households across the U.S. an immediate way to access some of their favorite current season shows on-demand in their living room through Hulu Plus," said Pete Distad, VP of Marketing and Distribution at Hulu.

Users who have a broadband Internet connection can visit the Wii Shop Channel to download the Hulu Plus application at no extra charge. The application will allow users to navigate using the Wii Remote controller and search for their favorite TV shows, movies, clips and more. Hulu Plus offers a variety of content, including Hulu Latino, which offers hundreds of hours of current and classic Spanish-language programming, including the entire current season of prime-time TV shows from Univision, Galavision and Telefutura.

For the first month of launch, users who download Hulu Plus for Wii and do not already have an existing Hulu Plus account will get a two-week free trial.

Hulu Plus is also coming to the Nintendo 3DS system later this year, bringing full current-season TV series and popular movies to entertainment fans whenever they want.

For more information, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wii orhttp://www.hulu.com.

About Nintendo: The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™ home console, Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 3.9 billion video games and more than 620 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™ and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.

About Hulu: Hulu is an online TV service whose mission is to help people find and enjoy the world's premium content when, where and how they want it. As we pursue this mission, we aspire to create a service that users, advertisers and content owners unabashedly love. Hulu was founded in 2007 and is operated independently by a dedicated team with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Seattle, Tokyo, and Beijing. NBCUniversal, NewsCorporation, The Walt Disney Company, Providence Equity Partners and the Hulu team share in the ownership of the company (www.hulu.com).

Edited by VizardJeffhog

Well, I got the save-state update yesterday, and we've known this for some time, so it doesn't really bother me.

Call me when Yoshi's Island loses exclusivity. I will rage then.

• Thumbs Up 1

What happens with your preexisting data in the Zelda games when you download the battery save updat?

From the North American Press Site

With a Save State upgrade, what was initially an NES Ambassador title, Super Mario Bros is now available to the general public.

Ambassadors, all your games are belong to us!

In continuation, Hulu.

So, how are you enjoying Metroid Fusion, Wario Land 4 and Minish Cap?

OH WAIT!

• Thumbs Up 2

What happens with your preexisting data in the Zelda games when you download the battery save updat?

So, how are you enjoying Metroid Fusion, Wario Land 4 and Minish Cap?

OH WAIT!

How long was it between receiving the NES games and the GBA games again?

How long was it between receiving the NES games and the GBA games again?

It was a few months or so iirc.