Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Damn you, Nintendo of America. You disappoint me with your lack of Wario Land.

Edit: "Disappointment me"? What the fuck was I thinking? Not much, that's for sure.

Edited by Crow T. Robot
  • Thumbs Up 1

How long was it between receiving the NES games and the GBA games again?

I'm not sure if you're trying to imply that the GBA games will be available to regular 3DS owners at a later date, but Nintendo already said that they won't be. Whereas they have been saying from the start that the NES games would eventually be available to all users, with the Ambassadors getting the games early and free.

I can't decide between a 3DS and a PS Vita sad.png I don't have enough money for both.

~The 3DS is where to invest, my female forum friend!

I can't decide between a 3DS and a PS Vita sad.png I don't have enough money for both.

Oh god, I'm gonna get bashed for this, but I think you should get a Vita.

The 3DS is good and what not, but imo the Vita is better. The hardware will make for amazing games, plus most of the Vita's games are console experienced, gameplay and lengthwise, instead of 1-4 hours of gameplay (ex Mario 3D Land) it has games that strive to be as good as their console counterparts (Uncharted/UMvsC3), something I think the 3DS is lacking. Also while it has a multitouch screen (something once again I'm disappointed the 3DS doesn't have,) it also has that track-pad on the back, which is "interesting" to say the least.

Plus the online PSN, digital downloads, PS3 to Vita connectivity, Cross game chat, and finally the design (it's like a PS3 controller with a screen in the middle, and missing some other things) make it much more appealing to me.

But don't get me wrong, the 3DS has it's advantages too, like 3D.....Plus the Nintendo first party games that are coming later this year. Also I guess you could wait till march to see how this Nintendo Network works out for the 3DS, or when some game that really catches your eye comes. Or if you're really that indecisive, wait till E3 to see what's coming to the Vita/3DS this and next year.

Again, not bashing the 3DS or anything, just stating my opinion.

Edited by Mike Dawson
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh god, I'm gonna get bashed for this, but I think you should get a Vita.

The 3DS is good and what not, but imo the Vita is better. The hardware will make for amazing games, plus most of the Vita's games are console experienced, gameplay and lengthwise, instead of 1-4 hours of gameplay (ex Mario 3D Land)

A lot of 3DS games are quite long, actually. The example you gave right there is a game that I've been playing for about 20 hours. The main game is short yes, but 8 new worlds unlock after you beat Bowser for the first time, the Star Coins can add to the length of the game as some of them are cleverly hidden, and to unlock the final level in the game you have to beat every level with Mario and Luigi and get Gold Flags on every level. So yeah, not a short game at all.

And yes, the Vita has more power, but that doesn't mean the 3DS is incapable of providing games that feel like something you would find on a console. Just look at Resident Evil: Revelations.

If I were you Spi, I'd just go with which ever company you think provides better games.

• Thumbs Up 1

A lot of 3DS games are quite long, actually. The example you gave right there is a game that I've been playing for about 20 hours. The main game is short yes, but 8 new worlds unlock after you beat Bowser for the first time, the Star Coins can add to the length of the game as some of them are cleverly hidden, and to unlock the final level in the game you have to beat every level with Mario and Luigi and get Gold Flags on every level. So yeah, not a short game at all.

And yes, the Vita has more power, but that doesn't mean the 3DS is incapable of providing games that feel like something you would find on a console. Just look at Resident Evil: Revelations.

If I were you Spi, I'd just go with which ever company you think provides better games.

Well, I did have a well thought out and counter post that I spent 10 minutes on, but lolnope, google chrome wanted to be a bitch and make me go back a page, so here's 3 short things.

1. Not very fond of Mario 3D Land, it has an unnecessary amount of useless padding, reusing the same levels and making you go through the game 3 or 4 times to get the final level. That's just poor design and concept for what should (and is) a 2-3 hour game.

2.Never said the 3DS is incapable of making console like games, Devs are just too damn lazy to make them, instead of the usual 1 hour handheld/ shovelware crap we've seen on the 3DS.

3. And yes Spi, do research on some games coming out for both systems, and get whichever one has more games that appeal to you.

Also, what you stated as the PS Vita's advantages are virtually the same as the PSP's. It didn't get nearly as many must have titles as the DS.

1. Not very fond of Mario 3D Land, it has an unnecessary amount of useless padding, reusing the same levels and making you go through the game 3 or 4 times to get the final level. That's just poor design and concept for what should (and is) a 2-3 hour game.

2.Never said the 3DS is incapable of making console like games, Devs are just too damn lazy to make them, instead of the usual 1 hour handheld/ shovelware crap we've seen on the 3DS.

1. The special worlds are. more often then not, harder than the regular levels and changed so much the only thing the levels share is the general level structure. I don't really see whats wrong with going through the entire game twice anyways, since Luigi plays differenty from Mario. All that stuff is optional anyways. But eh, opinions.

2. What 3DS titles have you been looking at? I've seen a lot more hardcore titles like Kid Icarus Uprising, Kingdom Hearts DDD, or Heroes of Ruin than the stupid shovelware stuff.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

This month and the next get these games alone: Tekken 3D Prime Edition, Snake Eater 3D, Tales of the Abyss (70 hour long game), Rayman Origins, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and KH:3D (Japan only).

1. The special worlds are. more often then not, harder than the regular levels and changed so much the only thing the levels share is the general level structure. I don't really see whats wrong with going through the entire game twice anyways, since Luigi plays differenty from Mario. All that stuff is optional anyways. But eh, opinions.

2. What 3DS titles have you been looking at? I've seen a lot more hardcore titles like Kid Icarus Uprising, Kingdom Hearts DDD, or Heroes of Ruin than the stupid shovelware stuff.

Out of the so called 200 games being currently made for the 3DS, plus the games already out, that's it. Kid Icarus, KHDDD, Heroes of Ruin, and Revelations are the only ones out of tons that are lengthy and such.

Out of the so called 200 games being currently made for the 3DS, plus the games already out, that's it. Kid Icarus, KHDDD, Heroes of Ruin, and Revelations are the only ones out of tons that are lengthy and such.

I'm sure that they aren't the only lengthy games coming this year, for example there's Paper Mario 3DS coming out later this year. And the 3DS already has games that can be played indefinitely, such as Pushmo, Mario Kart 7 and Mario Tennis Open. Games don't have to rival Skyrim in length, as long as you're having fun while you're playing that's all that matters. And a lot of 3DS titles coming out later this year look fun as hell. Especially Dillon's Rolling Western and Luigi's Mansion 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since no one else has talked about it, I played the MGS3D demo. It was alright, aiming and camera control with the face buttons was pretty awkward, but they worked well enough that I, having never played Metal Gear before, was able to get through the demo fairly easily.

Since no one else has talked about it, I played the MGS3D demo. It was alright, aiming and camera control with the face buttons was pretty awkward, but they worked well enough that I, having never played Metal Gear before, was able to get through the demo fairly easily.

Yes, it was alright. The framerate is jittery during cutscenes, but nothing unbareable. The controls felt uncomfortable and weird at first, but I got used to it. Still need to try it out with a Circle Pad Pro to see which is better. I'll pick this up most likely next week at launch.

P.S. You've never played a Metal Gear before? You must buy this game, then buy the HD collection, then buy a PS3, download MGS, and finally play MGS4.

Such a shame you've missed out on one of the best series of all time, but what better place to start then the first (chronological) game.

Edited by Mike Dawson

I have looked though the lists of games for the PSP2 and 3DS. Currently available and future releases.

For the 3DS, there are already a few games out I am interested in, not to mention the obligatory eventual Pokemon game. Looking at the 3DS Pokedex, and seeing it can handle 11 of those pokemon on the screen at once gives me high hopes for the next Pokemon game.

-I have no plans to ever pay $4 for a black and white gameboy game. (unless it's for the physical cartridge)

99 cents sounds fair. And really, if Nintendo would just churn out the old games much faster they could work with each being 99 cents easily. It wouldn't be hard at all to churn them all out in less than a month. If they didn't worry about royalties they could have them all out tomorrow. And really, why hasn't anyone tried something where you give out the royalties you save up when someone asks for them? There can't be THAT many people needing the royalties for GameBoy games.

-The 3DS could seriously compete with the Iphone (in terms of the number of games you can buy before you run out of money) if they had all the Gameboy/Gameboy Color for 99 cents tomorrow.

-Nintendo could of also carried all the VC games on the Wii over to the 3DS. It's money they are refusing to take from their willing customers.

For the PSP2....well I had hoped it would have something like Gurumin 2. Gravity looks good, but I don't want to buy a system for just one game.

-The PSP2 would also handle emulators much better than the 3DS....once it's "jailbroken". Which might take a year or two. The 3DS isn't even "jailbroken" yet.

-You also gotta take into account the proprietary SD card Sony made for the memory. I don't want to spend more money than I have to on SD cards.

-/rant/ And if you want to bring in the argument about the downloaded games being cheaper because of it, don't. They are suppose to be cheaper anyways, as Sony isn't making, then shipping the game cartridge to a middleman store which would increase the price anyways, to make some profit. /rant_end/

Bottom line(s)?

1. I'm not getting the PSP2 untill I can play Dark Cloud 2 and the Dot Hack series on it. ("jailbroken", or otherwise)

2. I would wait for the pokemon game to come out before getting the 3DS.

3. I'll probably end up owning both of them in 5 years, though.

Edited by Forest_GS

1. It's called the Vita

2. Emulating Snes/Nes/GB games on the 3Ds isn't as easy as it sounds, you have to take into account the system's hardware limitations (aka the limitation nbullshit Nintendo put up there for no reason)

3. The 3DS, nor the Vita, are in any way, competing with the iphone/ipod touch. Apple's Ipod products are marketed towards the smartphone crowd. Almost every other person uses an ipod for listening to music/checking email, not playing Uncharted or Mario quality games.

4.It's called the Vita

5. Nintendo's shitty way of making 20 year old games cost $5 is cause they had to, not cause they wanted to. Financial problems unfortunately.

6.Give the Vita till E3 to see what games are coming towards it. Same for the 3DS

7. It's called the Vita

8. I too wonder when they're gonna get hacked. If we don't see any for the 3DS this year, or for the Vita by the end of 2013, something's wrong.

9.The memory card thing is stupid as hell, but the downloaded games have a %10 discount for most of them.

10. It's called the Vita.

Edited by Mike Dawson

2. Emulating Snes/Nes/GB games on the 3Ds isn't as easy as it sounds, you have to take into account the system's hardware limitations (aka the limitation nbullshit Nintendo put up there for no reason)

Yes, if they removed the limitations, which they could, they would have no problems with churning out the old games much faster.

I specifically called it the PSP2 because that is what it is. The fact that it's legal name reminds me waaaay too much of the failure that was Windows Vista doesn't help either.

Everyone knows what the PSP2 is anyways <.<. I don't plan to use it's name, 'cept for google searches.

9.The memory card thing is stupid as hell, but the downloaded games have a %10 discount for most of them.

You ignored my rant on purpose >.>, but that's fine...it was just a rant...nothing more...

I also hope Microsoft doesn't name the Xbox 720 "Durango". Xbox 720 is a fine name >.>

Note: I'm not a fan to any of these, PC gaming FTW! Maybe even Open Pandora.

Can't we just agree that both the 3DS and Vita are mighty fine little pieces of hardware? With the Vita and 3DS we get interesting first party IP's, a promising future line-up of games and so on and so forth.

I love my 3DS (especially since I picked it up after the price-drop) and I want a Vita, but with the launch titles and amount of ports being released on it's release, I can wait a bit before I get a Vita (still, I want one pretty bad).

I personally always found myself playing quick, fun games on the (3)DS on my free/down time and playing longer, multiplayer games with my Psp such as MH and Peace Walker. The two have their quirks, but are enjoyable nonetheless.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yes, if they removed the limitations, which they could, they would have no problems with churning out the old games much faster.

I specifically called it the PSP2 because that is what it is. The fact that it's legal name reminds me waaaay too much of the failure that was Windows Vista doesn't help either.

Everyone knows what the PSP2 is anyways <.<. I don't plan to use it's name, 'cept for google searches.

You ignored my rant on purpose >.>, but that's fine...it was just a rant...nothing more...

I also hope Microsoft doesn't name the Xbox 720 "Durango". Xbox 720 is a fine name >.>

Note: I'm not a fan to any of these, PC gaming FTW! Maybe even Open Pandora.

Ah no, I misunderstood your rant, I interpreted it as ' The downloaded games aren't cheaper then retail". My bad

Also I dunno why, it's a personal irk of mine when someone calls it the PSP2, but that's just me. Also I hope they don't name the 720 Durango, it reminds me too much of the word Dung, and I don't want to associate Dung with Xbox. Alas, i would be a PC gamer too, much easier then owning all these different consoles, but unfortunately Windows 7 just isn't powerful enough for me.