Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Hear, hear! It'd be nice if you could at least 'distance StreetPass' friends when you were online at the same time. Except for my trip to Disney World, I've made a total of 6 hits in one trip to the state capital (out of about 14 weekends), 1 during 2 weeks in Philadelphia, and 0 in my hometown. I don't even have a store with a demo model, let alone an actual functional display 3DS.

US gets Reggie from Nintendo today for the 1st anniversary. I just spent way too much time trying to decide which puzzle piece to take. Should I finish the Zelda puzzle (blue which I can in theory eventully buy), take the last pink for Rhythm Heaven (which I'm not interested in and still has 5 blues missing, or a pink from one of the puzzles I actually want to solve? Ended up taking one of the two missing 3D Land pinks.

Hear, hear! It'd be nice if you could at least 'distance StreetPass' friends when you were online at the same time. Except for my trip to Disney World, I've made a total of 6 hits in one trip to the state capital (out of about 14 weekends), 1 during 2 weeks in Philadelphia, and 0 in my hometown. I don't even have a store with a demo model, let alone an actual functional display 3DS.

US gets Reggie from Nintendo today for the 1st anniversary. I just spent way too much time trying to decide which puzzle piece to take. Should I finish the Zelda puzzle (blue which I can in theory eventully buy), take the last pink for Rhythm Heaven (which I'm not interested in and still has 5 blues missing, or a pink from one of the puzzles I actually want to solve? Ended up taking one of the two missing 3D Land pinks.

Phooey. I wanted Iwata. Doesn't Europe get him as well?

Ah well. I guess Reggie is okay. I mean, it makes sense because he's NoA's president, but Iwata would be better because, well, he's pretty much Nintendo itself.

Psssssh!

Reggie is the shit! How could you NOT be happy about getting him!

REGGIE KICKS ASS

iwata would've been nice too, since the Iwata/Reggie team is the best

• Thumbs Up 1

I think America is kind of lucky, to be honest. You'll probably get Iwata at one point, but we won't get Reggie, meaning you guys have one more special Mii.

Edited by Marcellove

I think America is kind of lucky, to be honest. You'll probably get Iwata at one point, but we won't get Reggie, meaning you guys have one more special Mii.

That's very true. If only Europe had their own charismatic representative from Nintendo.

Well, Nintendo doesn't seem to like Europe all that much, so meh.

No, I didn't bump to say that, I saw the news about Mario Tennis Open.

No story mode? But the storyline in Mario Tennis GBC was ace, I enjoyed it even before I knew just who Mario was! Disappointing to the max.

:(

Oh really? Dang. Guess I won't be picking it up anytime soon. Maybe if it gets a big price cut, but probably not.

Oh really? Dang. Guess I won't be picking it up anytime soon. Maybe if it gets a big price cut, but probably not.

Wat. Dude, no. No. Mario Tennis is simply amazing even without the RPG story mode, and this one has online too! And it's Mario freaking Tennis! You can't NOT like it, bro.

On a more serious note, that's a bit dissapointing but the game will still be awesome. I wonder what characters they'll add in this time? I better be able to play as a Hammer Bro in this game.

It does have RPG stats for your Mii, to be fair. Coins you collect in game can be spent on rackets and clothing for your Mii, which changes their stats.

Wat. Dude, no. No. Mario Tennis is simply amazing even without the RPG story mode, and this one has online too! And it's Mario freaking Tennis! You can't NOT like it, bro.

On a more serious note, that's a bit dissapointing but the game will still be awesome. I wonder what characters they'll add in this time? I better be able to play as a Hammer Bro in this game.

After actually watching the newest trailer, the sidegames and Mii customization looks pretty neat so I might actually check it out.

Disappointing as lack of RPG mode is, this is pretty damn awesome:

Super Mario Tenni is brilliant. Still, I don't think I'll be buying this any time soon, despite loving past Mario Tennis games. I don't play online, due to having crap internet, and I know nobody with a 3DS so the best part is moot for me. Maybe when I move out, though.

Oh wow that does look like fun, and I'm loving the various references to other Mario games

Also hurray for playable Luma

• Thumbs Up 1

Can we even be sure that Luma's playable? He is a opponent in a Mario Galaxy minigame, he could just be part of it.

Edited by Thigolf

Just wanna break this up with a funny.

*insert said "funny" here*

... Welp, thanks, mang. I didn't need that good night's rest tonight anyway...

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's an interesting video from the inside of Nintendo:

Not sure why, but I suddenly want to buy another 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nintendo I love you

Edited by Kintobor

As much as I love my 3DS... that damn slide pad. Anyone else have a problem with your finger ultimately sliding off the damn thing during mid-gameplay? It just keeps happening to me while playing OoT.

I have that problem from time to time, I have to keep adjusting my position, which can be a problem during an extended 'run', like some of the Mario 3D land stretches. I'm not sure why that is, since the rubbery top ought to be more nonskid than the D-pad; apparently the underlying mechanism is stronger than the friction on the top.

I have that problem from time to time, I have to keep adjusting my position, which can be a problem during an extended 'run', like some of the Mario 3D land stretches. I'm not sure why that is, since the rubbery top ought to be more nonskid than the D-pad; apparently the underlying mechanism is stronger than the friction on the top.

I really hope the slide pad doesn't become the standard with future Nintendo controllers and handhelds, because to be fair, it kinda sucks.

Sorry, I'm pretty sure the WiiU tablet uses slide pads. I have no idea why though, since the only reason the slide pad is on the 3DS instead of an analog stick is because you can't put one of those on a handheld, especially one with a clamshell design.

Though to be honest I don't mind the slide pad. I think I might have had some trouble with it when I first got my 3DS, but I haven't had any problems with it recently.

Edited by Ekaje