Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

The DSi is region-locked, at least in certain instances, so I'm thinking the 3DS will head further down that path too. A shame, as I've always liked importing DS games for cheaps.

I also wouldn't be particularly surprised if Nintendo required you to repurchase whatever DSiWare that you own if you want it on your 3DS.

Edited by Tornado

I also wouldn't be particularly surprised if Nintendo required you to repurchase whatever DSiWare that you own if you want it on your 3DS.

Yeah they've already confirmed that you'll need to do that ._.

Again, sucks to be someone who got a DSi or XL Dx

I'm gonna wait and see how the whole 3D thing plays out. I only own a Lite at the moment, but the XL does look really good in the flesh...

If it's the same sort of size as the original DSi with about 5 3D games then I think I'll just go with the XL after a while. Only time will tell...

Cool, my birtday is on October 18th. I think I know what I'm getting :D. But, then I always regret getting the consoles early, because Nintendo always brins out cool colors(Zelda Gold GBA and DS Lite) later >_>.

Edited by MarcelloF

But, then I always regret getting the consoles early, because Nintendo always brins out cool colors(Zelda Gold GBA and DS Lite) later >_>.

I've had a grey DS Phat since launch and haven't really had much of an urge to get any of the new models, even new colours. As long as I can play awesome games on it from launch until next gen, I don't have a problem with getting the first model <:

And unless the improvements are incredibly considerable (like GBASP having a light and clicky D-Pad as opposed to normal GBA) I won't be getting any of the upgrades either. DSiWare isn't enough to make me consider getting a DSi, and there are no worthwhile DSi exclusive games either.

Yay for perseverance :D

Edited by SuperLink

I always regret buying handhelds earlier as they either a: receive a drastically better second version within 18-24 months of launch, b: have irritating hardware faults in many early batches, e.g. dead pixels, or c: have only a very few actually good games in the first 18 months or release.

With the DS though we haven't seen anything too drastic, so I presume the 3DS will be along a similar line.

It's not like the GBA or anything where the second revision was FUCKING AWESOME

With the DS though we haven't seen anything too drastic, so I presume the 3DS will be along a similar line.

It's not like the GBA or anything where the second revision was FUCKING AWESOME

Yeah, exactly. I doubt there will many many considerable upgrades with the 3DS either. As far as we know from the start it'll prolly have:

- Backlight

- Aesthetics

- (Hopefully) Ergonomics

- Multimedia features

- Digital distribution shiz.

Really I don't see an upgrade happening that isn't just "here's the same thing but smaller!" and really I don't care.

Besides the gorgeous Lime Green Lite the only other DS colours that I'd consider getting are the Hot Summer collection colours, it's a shame they were Japan exclusive and rarer than hen's teeth, FUCKING HENS TEETH.

Arggghhh that Hot Summer Koopa is taunting me with it's wowness.

classicgbapp.jpg

This is still the sexiest handheld console colour scheme ever though.

I really hope the 3DS has some cool launch colours rather than just Black and White AGAIN, I'd quite like one my favourite colour without having to wait years for it you fucking dicks.

Nintendo hasn't made a purple handheld since the first GBA. Maybe they should make another... If it looks nice I'd get it. I'd also like a clear one like th efirst GB.

Looking back I can't actually believe how many limited edition SP colours there were, I completely forgot about the Mario VS. Donkey Kong, Ruby and Sapphire, Pikachu, Famicon 1 & 2, Triforce, Tribal, Gundam, Torchic and 'Who Are You' versions and there's probably loads more I don't even know about. Gah, I wish Nintendo would start giving their handhelds some crazy awesome limited edition designs again, since the original DS there's been like none.

Also, a 3DS with the elusive Orange Gamecube colour scheme would be the best ever. It'd be so sexy I'd make love to the cartridge slot (after severe modifications to accomodate for my massive cock).

Also, a 3DS with the elusive Orange Gamecube colour scheme would be the best ever.

Fuck yes this. I was so upset that we didn't get the Spicy GC in UK :x

It'd be so sexy I'd make love to the cartridge slot (after severe modifications to accomodate for my massive cock).

You wish :3

If the 3ds can keep it's "gamecube" graphics promise then we could (MAYBE) see a possible port of the adventure series to a handheld for the first time! Can I hear a "WIN".

classicgbapp.jpg

This is still the sexiest handheld console colour scheme ever though.

At least I'm not the only one who likes it. Hell, I own it. Easily the best handheld I have ever had and will ever own. I still use it, but I have none of it's headlining games (It was made purely to promote the Classic NES Series gba carts, and I don't even have one.). Random fact: It's a first gen GBA SP (1 level backlight that just has on/off).

Anyways, I be needin' a 3DS, but not yet. My DS fat still holds up, but the hinge is semi-broken. Due to the age and color, I call it "Old Blue" ("Your my boy, Blue!" lol). Glad I didn't cave in to the XL. Now, excuse me, I must stare at my godly NES GBA.

At least I'm not the only one who likes it. Hell, I own it. Easily the best handheld I have ever had and will ever own. I still use it, but I have none of it's headlining games (It was made purely to promote the Classic NES Series gba carts, and I don't even have one.). Random fact: It's a first gen GBA SP (1 level backlight that just has on/off).

Wait, what? I thought they all had a simple on/off.

Early GBA SPs have the same backlight design (technically frontlit) that the DS Phats had. On-off only. The later SPs had the backlight design of the GBA Micro (and, later, the DSL), with two brightness settings, but no off setting. The later SP would be completely unusable if you turned the backlight off, unlike the original model, so Nintendo disabled the off setting.

Edited by Tornado

Early GBA SPs have the same backlight design (technically frontlit) that the DS Phats had. On-off only. The later SPs had the backlight design of the GBA Micro (and, later, the DSL), with two brightness settings, but no off setting. The later SP would be completely unusable if you turned the backlight off, unlike the original model, so Nintendo disabled the off setting.

Yeah, I should have been more specific on that. Anyways, If it does have gamecube quality graphics, then maybe we could get a portable SoulCalibur II. That would kick ass.

• 2 weeks later...

Why would anyone want to follow in the footsteps of a failure? ;) (It's a joke, don't get your panties in a twist.)

October 28th would be a good date to hit; Christmas hype will have been building since September, the biggest hitters of the year will be beginning to roll out but the climax won't have been reached and the best will be yet to come, giving Nintendo some breathing space to sell as much as they can before the bigest games of the year are released.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I doubt it's coming out on the 28th, look at Nintendo's track record. They always release things on Sundays and Fridays (depending on region) and the 28th is a Thursday. So I would think it'd be more likely if it released on the 29th in Europe, while it released on the 24th in the United States, or October 31st (US) and November 5th (EU).

I doubt it's coming out on the 28th, look at Nintendo's track record. They always release things on Sundays and Fridays (depending on region) and the 28th is a Thursday. So I would think it'd be more likely if it released on the 29th in Europe, while it released on the 24th in the United States, or October 31st (US) and November 5th (EU).

I hope they release worldwide on the same date, its not so bad for games but for consoles it's just plain irritating.

I hope they release worldwide on the same date, its not so bad for games but for consoles it's just plain irritating.

Well to be honest, the suggested dates aren't bad at all. They're within the same week, only complying with the local standard for VG releases.