Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Hey, my guess is a lot better than the official DS release dates. Europe didn't get it until the following year.

Hey, my guess is a lot better than the official DS release dates. Europe didn't get it until the following year.

That's true, that was dreaful though it gave me more time to save up.

Haha, this has made me remember buying my DS. Dad wouldn't let me go into town by myself with so much money when it was released, so he went with me. And then afterwards he had to go to a pub to fix some computers, so I sat there at the bar playing my DS for the first time. Precious memories. I doubt my first 3DS experience will be so sweet.

I remember getting one DS sent to me from my dad in America before the European release, which I shared with my brother for a month or so.

Then I got my own DS at launch with the money I'd saved up :D I think I was probably the first console I bought myself.

But man, like 5 month wait or something? That's ridiculous... and the PS3!!

I'm more curious as to what it will cost than when it will come out. Nintendo has pretty much locked it into being over $200 unless they want to admit the joke of a price that the DSi's have, so its a question of how much over $200 they want it to be.

I'm more curious as to what it will cost than when it will come out. Nintendo has pretty much locked it into being over $200 unless they want to admit the joke of a price that the DSi's have, so its a question of how much over $200 they want it to be.

Just be glad that whatever they charge you over there it will be alot less than what we get charged in the UK :lol:

I'm sure that the 3DS Lite and 3DSi's (minus old DS compatibility) prototypes are already sitting in Nintendo Offices somewhere. Anyone for betting how soon they'll be out and how over priced they'll be?

I have a feeling I won't be getting this for at least a year after this thing is out...

after all, I have yet to get a console from This Gen. Kinda glad I've been waiting though, because tjhe prices are going down down down.

They should put a turn off 3D button in Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 5

They should put a turn off 3D button in Sonic games.

Check the post above you.

Check the post above you.

I think you missed the joke. People always say that Sonic is better in 2D, so you should just be able to turn it off. I'm talking 3D gameplay, not WOAH LOOK AT THE PICTURE JUMPING OUT OF THE TV 3D.

It was a joke.

wats a joke?

Anyway... A button to turn the 3D off? I dunno if I like that.. They didn't have buttons to turn touch screens and motion controls off, but I guess thats sort of different... I hope this doesn't make some companys not use 3D to its full extent...

Anyway... A button to turn the 3D off? I dunno if I like that.. They didn't have buttons to turn touch screens and motion controls off, but I guess thats sort of different... I hope this doesn't make some companys not use 3D to its full extent...
3D is a purely visual effect, as opposed to the other two you just listed. There can't possibly be that many games that actually require the 3D screen to be playable, and will likely be able to function just as well without it at the cost of a little eye candy.

For the record, many Wii games are still compatible with classic and Cube pads if that counts, though a decently designed motion game should really do something a pad isn't capable of. It's kinda sad really how many people substitute button presses for waggle instead.

Considering all the stuff about flash carts, I really don't blame them. Unfortunately, this'll likely curb homebrew as well, but, in general, with the ability to use homebrew, there generally also comes ways to play pirated games.

Though, I imagine hackers will find ways to do soft-mod style homebrew akin to what they do with the Wii within weeks.

Region locking, no doubt.

That'll increase the chances of the device being hacked within weeks.

• Thumbs Up 2

If it has region locks (and it will) I'm going to be pissed off beyond words. I'm not even joking. What's the point? Let me play games that you'll never localise for fuck's sake.

Anti-piracy is good though. The two aren't synonymous, I mean the PSTriple is region free but its piracy blockage is pretty solid.

Also it's good 3D can be turned off, because it may give some people headaches, it may not work very well for people who have to wear glasses, and apparently it's pointless for games where you turn the system sideways (like Rhythm Paradise or Brain Training)

• Thumbs Up 4

3D button, more anti-piracy, all this supposed information and we haven't even seen the damn thing yet.

Hey, so I like the idea of a 3-D handheld.

yeah.

have no clue how you would do it. Like, i dunno, have layered screens or some shit.

There's a special panel developed for 3D without the glasses that can be seen at all angles, if I'm not mistaken. Nintendo is supposedly using something like that.

I was wondering... what games are you guys all wanting for this system? Personally, I want 3DS Sports, 3DS Sports Plus and 3DS Fit. There's the obvious ones like Mario Kart, the next handheld Sonic and the inevitable Pokémon A, B and C somewhere down the line. But what else? I've said it before, but I'd kill for a Sunshine remake akin to SM64DS. Mario, Luigi, Wario and Yoshi to replace the Yoshi's that you ride.

Edited by Blue Blood

A Sunshine remake would be pretty awesome. I'd also be expecting some kind of original Mario title at this point, too. Whether that be a 2D one or 3D one I don't mind. Zelda is a must, and considering they produced 2 for the DS it seems very likely. One thing that was missing from DS, that I hope to see on 3DS, is a proper Metroid tile.

• Thumbs Up 3