Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Gold Mario, if you await NSMB 2 so badly and are really excited for it, that's awesome, and I understand you want as much information as possible, but just pretend for a moment that you're not that interested in the NSMB Series and realize that a game announced earlier this year got a ton of information (a huge amount of time at the 3DS Showcase, pics, articles, gameplay, trailers...) while a game some are waiting for for 2 years has as much information as "Yeah, it's coming." and a tiny trailer. How would you feel? I think the Animal Crossing fans really deserve a pretty big amount of news at this point.

Edited by Thigolf

Gold Mario, if you await NSMB 2 so badly and are really excited for it, that's awesome, and I understand you want as much information as possible, but just pretend for a moment that you're not that interested in the NSMB Series and realize that a game announced earlier this year got a ton of information (a huge amount of time at the 3DS Showcase, pics, articles, gameplay, trailers...) while a game some are waiting for for 2 years has as much information as "Yeah, it's coming." and a tiny trailer. How would you feel? I think the Animal Crossing fans really deserve a pretty big amount of news at this point.

Yeah, honestly, I'm not really too interested in New Super Mario Brothers 2 information, with the NSMB series I (unfortunately) know what to expect, I'm sure it'll be a decent game, but I'm much more interested in the other Nintendo IPs that I never got around to for some reason like Animal Crossing, or something that brings innovation and unique concepts to the table, such as Paper Mario.

Edited by Protagoras

One of the reasons my wife got a 3DS was for the Animal Crossing game. She's been waiting ages for new media/info, especially a release date.

The only thing particularly hilarious about this (since the stupidity of it really wore off when Nintendo made the DS XL) is that Nintendo is apparently too cheap to include an AC adapter with it.

3dsre.png

colors.png

Yeah about Fuck that.

No huge changes, no new features, no second circle pad, only been ONE year (at least the DS waited two), and no AC adapter? No Buy.

ONLY way I'd be interested is if they let us trade in our 3DS's for half price, and if it has a LONG IMPRESSIVE battery life.

Oh and Wario Land coming to e-shop next month. Hyped!

EDIT: Confirmed to be coming to NA August 19th, to launch alongside NSMB2. Also It is coming to Japan 7/27.

It will cost $199.99 which is cool.

Edited by Nintendoga

I found the Eurogamer article on the 3DS XL's coming to Europe. However there's something not quite right with this picture they were using at the bottom.

d97736bd.png

http://www.eurogamer...rope-next-month

And I actually got excited then that there was going to be red on the inside. Wrong.

Edited by Major Ziggy

More Details

3DS-XL-7-Small.jpeg

Nintendo revealed the 3DS XL via the recent Nintendo Direct broadcast. The top screen is 4.88 inches and the touch screen is 4.18 inches. It will be available in Red, Black, and White, and you can find the first, direct-feed images of the device after the break. It will be available on the 28th of July in Japan and the 19th of August in North America and will cost $199.99. The battery life is between 3.5-6.5 hours, compared to 3-5 hours of the current 3DS.

Meh, it looks really floppy to me, like if I were to shake the 3DS once, the screen would break or something, I dunno.

Pretty annoyed at the redesign already. I know it's not got much changes, but I'd have liked the bigger 3D screen and ESPECIALLY the longer battery life.

One last thing, comparison shots!

ZjDI1.png

W4ruI.png

I like how they're trying to make the 3DS seems so much smaller when it really isn't.

Edited by Nintendoga

Wait, what? Why does it release a month later in America?

Not that it's a problem to me, given I'm in the UK, but it seems odd that Japan and Europe would have a simultanious release, and leave America hanging for another few weeks.

Clearly why the U.S. gets it in August instead! Gotta spend that extra month on AC adapter production. :P

I do like how they made the buttons on the bottom... you know... individual pieces of pushable plastic. Not like the current model with individual buttons and a piece of plastic(?) going across all three of them. All the display models 3DS's have that part usually ripped at some point and even though that's from careless use from a number of people, I fear one day it may happen to mine.

Other than that I love my 3DSmall XD. Although I wish they fixed the screens touching problem when the unit is closed when I got mine, but w/e I got screen protectors.

Even though it's not that major of an upgrade, I'd still say it's a swift kick in the gut to people who already bought a 3DS. Should come to expect it of Nintendo, though.

Even though it's not that major of an upgrade, I'd still say it's a swift kick in the gut to people who already bought a 3DS. Should come to expect it of Nintendo, though.

The lack of a dual slider is the real kick in the gut here. Everybody called that coming out as soon as the Expansion slider was announced and yet.... nothing.

I'll probably invest in this larger model since I have big hands and am a sucker for bigger screens (even if the resoluition doesn't get an upgrade), but dang, this doesn't feel like something Nintendo should send out the door without that second slider.

Firstly, I don't like the look of the 3DS XL.....I dunno, just don't like the way it looks.

Secondly, its foolhardy to suggest it doesn't need a second circle-pad, so the lack of one is pretty idiotic.

• Thumbs Up 1

XL looks nice. Shape is rounder and the start, home and select buttons look much better. They were crap on the original. The top screen isn't black any more and the headphone jack is placed better. Plus it's bigger. Longer battery life is nice, even it's not much. Won't be getting this, though. I'll wait until the real new model with more improvements like the second analogue stick and L2, R2 buttons.

I don't see much reason to be mad about this, though.

Looks nice, but I don't need a bigger 3DS. Don't see why anyone should feel upset about this.

I'm not angry or something, I just think it's weird that Nintendo wants to improve their handheld and doesn't add the feature everyone asked for, but added a big screenl I never saw a single person wanting a bigger screen, at all.

Edited by Thigolf

This is just the large version, not the actually improved one, like the DSi.

But the president of NoE stated that a lot of people requested a bigger screen (I never saw ANYONE complaining about it), so they made a 3DS with bigger screens, so why aren't they adding another circle pad if many people want one? I don't get that.

Edited by Thigolf

Perhaps it's just me with my gorillaishly huge hands, but the 3DSXL looks more easier to use. Coupled with its reasonable pricing, I'm definitely planning on getting one.

Okay, I'll confess, for the first time I'm a bit PO'd about Nintendo releasing a new 3DS model. I way prefer bigger screens and always wanted a DSi XL but didn't bother because I knew DS wasn't far off the end of it's lifespan. There's no way I'm splashing out on a new 3DS when I haven't even started saving for the Wii U round the corner. I guess it'd still have the same resolution anyway like the DSi XL was so there wouldn't REALLY be any higher clarity anyway?