Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

b ) increase the range of games the system can play.

How so? By increase range, that would mean FPS games only. Like I give a shit about those. If you care though, that's cool.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

How so? By increase range, that would mean FPS games only. Like I give a shit about those. If you care though, that's cool.

Which would broaden the appeal of the device no-doubt.

Plus, camera control using a secondary circle-pad would probably be very useful (sometimes L/R just don't cut it)

The Circle pad pro has more than a second analog stick guys...

It's the most important part. But still, why is the new model still lacking the extra buttons?

We'd have to see if it actually helped the Vita before saying that's a priority. I seriously doubt it will be, though, considering the DS was HOW successful again? With barely any FPS titles.

We'd have to see if it actually helped the Vita before saying that's a priority. I seriously doubt it will be, though, considering the DS was HOW successful again? With barely any FPS titles.

I'm somewhat inclined to agree with this actually. I like that Nintendo doesn't treat their handhelds like home consoles you can keep in your pocket, ala PSP and Vita.

... though I still don't see the harm in adding a second stick. It's always nice to have proper camera control in 3D titles.

Edited by Blue Blood

I rather like the design. Gives off sort of a late-90's iMac vibe to me. Y'know, back when Apple wasn't a cancer.

As someone else pointed out, I'm also concerned how regular DS games will look on it. You barely notice the jaggies on a normal 3DS about five minutes into playing, but I can't imagine that would be the case for a much larger screen.

There is an article in GoNintendo that says that DS games will have a 1:1 pixel mode with the 3DS XL. now the only thing that is worry some is for the 3DS games that came before this. Will it also have a 1:1 pixel?

Yeah, but Nintendo also have direct competition from Smartphones now, which they didn't when the DS launched.

And, there is no harm in adding one in. The console is capable of fully 3D games, so as BlueBlood mentioned, having proper camera controls would be nice. Its not like its going to be cripplingly expensive either.

Certainly beats that ugly behemoth known as the Circle Pad Pro

Camera controls and FPS controls...

That's what the damn touch screen is for. Fuck dual stick controls.

I've got nothing against dual stick; perfect for RE:R. They would have been shitty as hell in Kid Icarus: Uprising, though.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

I've got nothing against dual stick; perfect for RE:R. They would have been shitty as hell in Kid Icarus: Uprising, though.

Why do people say that? There was an option to allow you to move the reticule at a faster rate when using the face buttons. It may not have been as accurate as the stylus, but it wouldn't have been bad or anything.

Nintendo tells us why they didn't show off the 3DS XL at E3.

At E3 we had very specific announcements that we wanted to focus on. We had a lot of things to talk about, and we had to decide which things were most appropriate for each method of announcement. E3 is just one of the many opportunities for companies to make announcements, and we’re always looking for the most appropriate ways to both inform and surprise consumers.

Well of course we believe you Nintendo, you guys obviously had tons of things to tell us about at E3. Especially during the 3DS software conference.

eb362570f2c3ce3a9c36b86a841c3a1b.jpg

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 3

Might be old news, but 20% off on selected eShop titles for the 1st year anniversary: http://www.nintendo....only_50133.html

Notable titles include Link's Awakening and Mario Land this week, Mario Land 2, Rolling Western and Mighty Switch Force next week.

Edited by JezMM

I'll try and get Link's Awakening, Pullblox, Dillon's Rolling Western and Mighty Switch Force.

The Circle pad pro has more than a second analog stick guys...

After much soul searching and walks on beaches in deep thought, I've decided to wait til reviews come in the the XL. If they're positive, I'll pick one up mid August. If negative or so-so, I'll get the standard one.

In the meantime I've spent some of my 3DS money on Gunlord for Dreamcast.

I'm torn on this XL thing. I love the fact it's got a bigass screen and the red colouring is awesome, but on the other hand I already have a 3DS and buying a second one would be overkill.... especially if there's a real revision on the horizon rather than just this XL model.

Grr.

I found the cheapest deal on zavvi.com . Each 3DS XL colour for £167.95. I think I'll cancel the Amazon order and go with Zavvi.

A further question. According to Zavvi, payment for electronics is taken as soon as the order is made rather than the time of dispatch. Does the same apply for pre-orders of electronics such as the 3DS XL? I don't actually have the money at the moment so I'm holding stations with Amazon.

Also, terms and conditions said Zavvi's discount codes don't work for electronics, least of all pre-orders.

Edited by Major Ziggy

A further question. According to Zavvi, payment for electronics is taken as soon as the order is made rather than the time of dispatch. Does the same apply for pre-orders of electronics such as the 3DS XL? I don't actually have the money at the moment so I'm holding stations with Amazon.

Also, terms and conditions said Zavvi's discount codes don't work for electronics, least of all pre-orders.

Never ordered electronics from them, so I don't know if they take the money right away or not. It's always been at the time of dispatch when I've ordered games, DVD's, Blu-ray's and CD's. As for the code, the people in the comments of that HotUKDeals thread are saying it's worked for them just fine. Someone has pointed out the T&C's you mentioned, but it appears the code has still worked.

I'd advise querying it with them by either ringing their helpine, contacting them through the website form, or through Twitter or Facebook.

http://twitter.com/#!/zavvi

http://www.facebook.com/zavvionline

• Thumbs Up 1

After much soul searching and walks on beaches in deep thought, I've decided to wait til reviews come in the the XL. If they're positive, I'll pick one up mid August. If negative or so-so, I'll get the standard one.

In the meantime I've spent some of my 3DS money on Gunlord for Dreamcast.

I also have done some soul searching as well. I would have walked on the beach but its raining like crazy in Florida so I opted to walk around my house in deep thought. I too plan to wait for some reviews but I'm leaning towards getting the XL. I mean I've waited this long to get a 3DS anyway, so I guess I might as well get this revision with a bigger screen, more memory, and a little longer battery life.