Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

I need a game to occupy myself with for the next couple of weeks starting tomorrow when I go on a trip. Give me recommendations you guys.

For reference the only 3DS games I own are Kid Icarus Uprising, Cave Story 3D, Mario Kart 7, Mighty Switch Force and all those ambassador games.

Mighty Milky Way is pretty good, challenging and long for its price and since you already have Mighty Switch Force I can see you enjoying this game. It's a DSi title though, not a 3DS one, go to that Eshop and Download it now!

Tales of the Abyss 3D, It's an awful port, but I heard europe didn't get the PS2 version.

Shinobi 3D, not sure how good it is since I haven't played it yet, but it looks fantastic.

Super Mario 3D Land, I haven't played it yet, but I've heard people who don't even like Mario games praise it.

Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario Sticker Star are coming out later this year, I'd definitely pick those up when they're out.

I need a game to occupy myself with for the next couple of weeks starting tomorrow when I go on a trip. Give me recommendations you guys.

For reference the only 3DS games I own are Kid Icarus Uprising, Cave Story 3D, Mario Kart 7, Mighty Switch Force and all those ambassador games.

Sonic Generations 3DS

Tales of the Abyss 3D, It's an awful port, but I heard europe didn't get the PS2 version.

How is it an awful port in any way? I haven't had any problems with it that aren't with the base game, I haven't heard of issues from anyone else, and from what I hear the loading times on the PS2 version were horrible compared to the almost unnoticeable 3DS ones.

Edited by Ekaje

Funny because the original game has almost the same score as the 3DS port. The negatives of the game were always there to begin with.

The Angry Birds Trilogy price was revealed. $29,99 for 3DS and 39,99 for Xbox 360/PS3.

That is just... hilarious. "Let's add 3D, streetpass, cutscenes and animate the background, so we can put a price tag on it that's 27 bucks more expensive than the other versions!" Hahaha, NO.

The only bad thing about the ToTA port was that the 3D was really freakin' shitty. Other than that, it was identical to the PS2 version except with far better loading times.

3D is to be a minor element in future Nintendo consoles

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/satoru-iwata-i-was-convinced-the-wii-wouldnt-be-nintendos-last-console-it-was-so-unique-7936301.html

I would say generally that 3D is better than 2D. It’s nice to have good graphics but not necessarily on their own, so I don’t think we’ll present [3D graphics] as one of the key features of our consoles but will probably stick with 3D as one of the minor elements of our consoles in the future.

Yeah I can see 3D staying, but as long as they don't make it the only "innovation" of the console, I'm fine.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Angry Birds Trilogy price was revealed. $29,99 for 3DS and 39,99 for Xbox 360/PS3.

That is just... hilarious. "Let's add 3D, streetpass, cutscenes and animate the background, so we can put a price tag on it that's 27 bucks more expensive than the other versions!" Hahaha, NO.

Well, that's Activision for you. This should had been on the eShop, PSN, and XBLA for $10-$15.

Heads up for people who are interested in getting an XL a bit cheaper, Tesco doing a rather reasonable deal at the moment where you can get 15% off a spend higher than £25. It doesn't work with an 3DSXL alone, but if you add a game onto it then it'll apply to both items in the order.

The code is also listed as an approved one for quidco - who by happenstance have bumped the cashback payout at Tesco Entertainment to 10% for the next 3 days. I got Pokemon White and a 3DSXL on order for £159 with it

Don't know what the hell it is with Amazon US and Nintendo but, they don't have the 3DS XL up for order yet. They damn well better because, I just got a 300 dollar giftcard to Amazon US.

I'm going to be incredibly sad if/when this sells well. I have nothing against angry birds, it seems like a nice, cheap game to burn time with. But no amount of extra features will make a simple 99 cent game suddenly worth 30-40 dollars.

How is it an awful port in any way? I haven't had any problems with it that aren't with the base game, I haven't heard of issues from anyone else, and from what I hear the loading times on the PS2 version were horrible compared to the almost unnoticeable 3DS ones.

The load times on pretty much every PS2 game I've played are horrible.

Battles run at 30fps opposed to 60. Slow down in the most unnecessary places. A lot of the graphics and textures are dumbed down for god knows what reason.

Skits are AWFULLY slow. Voice effects for things like characters thinking to themselves have been removed. And I found the battles to control terribly, but maybe that's just me.

The only good things I noticed were the load times and the map on the second screen.

Are you telling me none of you got this? Or have you not played the PS2 version?

But yeah, if Europe really didn't get the PS2 version, get the 3DS version. It's still the same Tales of the Abyss, just really dumbed down.

Edited by Solkia-kun

Reason why there is no second circle pad for the 3DS

"When we looked at the design of the 3DS XL we had to look at various factors, one was battery life, one was the overall size of the unit, and we had to make some trade-offs. The choice, if we were going to include the second analogue stick, was to reduce the size of the batters or make the unit much bigger."

"Attaching a second analogue stick is possible but it would have made the system even bigger and, though it perhaps puts a burden on people that really want that second stick, it’s a call we had to make and these people will have to live with it."

If they made it as wide as the Vita, then I'd have no complaints.

Here's a video instruction on how to transfer data between the 3DS and 3DS XL

The European Club Nintendo get's some really cool new prizes:

large.jpg

You have to buy the seperately for 5000 ppoints each sadly. They're only 12 x 9 cm and are minature versions of the trophies you can win at MK7 tournaments. But they look awesome.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow, those trophies look awesome. My brother would kill to have one of those!

Reason why there is no second circle pad for the 3DS

If they made it as wide as the Vita, then I'd have no complaints.

Honestly I don't mind the omission of the Circle Pad for the XL because as it stands, it's only really supported by three titles; Snake Eater 3D, Monster Hunter 3G and Resident Evil Revelations. The reason I don't count Kid Icarus: Uprising is because it's only used for lefties. If it'd be added as an incentive to make developers use it more, it'd alienate the entire base who bought the original console.

Generally I think a second stick isn't entirely necessary to continue providing quality titles. It might make things more "console-y" but not many games so far have necessarily needed them or potentially benefited from having it. If anything, I'm happy that the portable console market right now is catered to fit for different experiences and make it worth owning both a Vita and a 3DS, while owning both a 360 and a PS3 is almost completely pointless.

Anyway I decided to buy Super Mario 3D Land and I really regret not doing so sooner. Everything I love about the Mario games is in this package and I'm almost tempted to call it my favorite Mario game. Galaxy 2 and Super Mario World still hold the reigns for me but this is pure video game joy. Frankly I'm fucking amazed how good it is.

• Thumbs Up 4

is there an available secondary slide pad for the XL? Given the first add-on obviously won't fit on it

Nintendo of Japan doing a campaign for Digital Downloads

http://andriasang.co...sales_campaign/

Nintendo kicks off 3DS download game sales in a big way next week with New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Demon Training. Both first party titles will be available simultaneously at retail and as full downloads via the 3DS e-Shop.

To commemorate the occasion, Nintendo will be holding a campaign. Buy the download version of either game, and you'll receive Donkey Kong Original Edition (aka Donkey Kong 1981) on the 3DS Virtual Console and double the Club Nintendo points, or 40 points per game. Buy both games, and you'll also get an addition 20 Club Nintendo points as a bonus.

The campaign runs from July 28 through September 2.

I hope other regions do this, I'd love to have Donkey Kong on my 3DS, since I'm already getting the digital version of NSMB2.

EDIT: According to Gaf, the Donkey Kong version that's being showcased is very rare.

Edited by Nintendoga

Nintendo releases an updated release schedule

Chris Scullion at 12:08pm July 25 2012

As part of its financial report released earlier today, Nintendo also provided an updated list of upcoming first-party Wii, 3DS and DS releases.

There’s no Wii U information here – expect that to come in a couple of months when Nintendo hosts its inevitable region-specific events.

JAPAN

3DS

Pocket Soccer League Calciobit – 12 July

Nintendo 3DS XL – 28 July

New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 28 July

Onitore – 28 July

New Art Academy – 13 September

Animal Crossing – Fall 2012

Paper Mario: Sticker Star – 2012

Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon – 2012

Girls Mode – 2012

Tomodachi Collection – TBC