Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

I let my cousin play my Lite once.

She tilted the screen back all the way, after the click.

It broke, just like that. And the same thing has happened to a number of people I know.

No matter how many times I tilt the Phat's screen that much, it stays in one piece.

I let my cousin play my Lite once.

She tilted the screen back all the way, after the click.

It broke, just like that. And the same thing has happened to a number of people I know.

No matter how many times I tilt the Phat's screen that much, it stays in one piece.

That is your cousin being an idiot and forcing it.

I dropped my DSPhat literally a foot and a half and it landed on it's underside, not the side, but the bottom of it. On a carpet. The hinge broke in two.

My DSLite has been dropped down CONCRETE STAIRS while OPEN and all that happened to it was the R button not working for a month.

I dropped my DSPhat literally a foot and a half and it landed on it's underside, not the side, but the bottom of it. On a carpet. The hinge broke in two.

My DSLite has been dropped down CONCRETE STAIRS while OPEN and all that happened to it was the R button not working for a month.

You clearly have a godly DS because it's well known that the Lite's hinge is extremely flimsy.

And no it's not really her fault for forcing it, it shouldn't be able to bend that way if it clearly breaks.

I didn't mean further to the left. I meant further to the right. Regardless, I'm more worried about the D-Pad.

I meant right xD. I'm retarded today ;_;

My third DS Light literally broke simply by closing it. One of the rubber stoppers had broken off without me noticing and closing the DS snapped the hinge like a twig.

Edited by Tornado

My bro's DS lite literally broke in half a few weeks back, but his Phat's just fine, and he got it back at launch.

My Lite's holding up fairly well, though whenever I open it up all the way, past the "click," the top screen turns completely off. O_____O", though it returns to normal if I tilt it back to before the "click" stage. But yeah, it's showing signs of completely disintegrating soon, so I'm glad I have my DSi.

My Lite's holding up fairly well, though whenever I open it up all the way, past the "click," the top screen turns completely off. O_____O", though it returns to normal if I tilt it back to before the "click" stage.

That means the ribbon cable has been caught in the hinge mechanism, and opening it all the way is partially pulling it out of the socket on the top PCB. Just so you know (it is actually a relatively easy fix if you have the tools to open the system). That is what killed my brothers' second DSL, as the screen would go off even before it clicked.

Edited by Tornado

That means the ribbon cable has been caught in the hinge mechanism, and opening it all the way is partially pulling it out of the socket on the top PCB. Just so you know (it is actually a relatively easy fix if you have the tools to open the system). That is what killed my brothers' second DSL, as the screen would go off even before it clicked.

Ah, so that's what it is. I should look for the right tools to fix this now. =p

You basically only need three jeweler's screwdrivers (one flathead, one Phillips head and one tri-wing) and some dis-assembly instructions and you would be golden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtS6mc8lrRw

More confirmation from Eurogamer that the hardware is not final. It's like when they unveiled the original DS, the model shown wasn't final and looked much different to the retail release.

2pplphz.jpg

I wonder what might change with the final model of the 3DS.

My third DS Light literally broke simply by closing it. One of the rubber stoppers had broken off without me noticing and closing the DS snapped the hinge like a twig.

well then that's not simply by closing it now is it.

Also, I DO have godly handhelds. My GBASP (which I got a month after release) has been dropped on rocks, into rivers, down stairs, everything. I can still put in Gunstar Super Heroes and play for quite a while. The battery still works like new even.

through they all seem to like having the shoulder buttons stop working at least once. My DSi is doing it right now, the L button is just dicks I guess.

I wonder what might change with the final model of the 3DS.

Now that you mention it, the 3DS does look kinda chunky around the edges when closed:

DSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.jpg

'Not a big thing, but it's on my list of things I hope they change.

Edited by Ferno

I actually think this will at least be close to the final one though. They did have a shit load of them already made up after all.

Any chance we might be able to connect the 3DS to a TV (ala PSP) and play it using the 3DS as a controller? I know we would lose the 3D effect but it would still be a cool feature.

Edited by speedfreak

I actually think this will at least be close to the final one though. They did have a shit load of them already made up after all.

I just had a bit of a scary thought. All the 3DS' they produced for the event... they're not exactly gonna package them away as new units come launch.

What do they do with them all? Just throw them away? o.0;

I mean I know this probably happens with loads of console events and releases, but I just never really thought about it. It's scary how many resources and expenses were probably wasted.

• Thumbs Up 2

My DS is Phat and I've had it since 2006 (with Mario Kart DS). It still works perfectly fine! Hell there's not even any dead pixels on the bottom screen.

I guess I just take very good care of my DS. X3

I just had a bit of a scary thought. All the 3DS' they produced for the event... they're not exactly gonna package them away as new units come launch.

What do they do with them all? Just throw them away? o.0;

I mean I know this probably happens with loads of console events and releases, but I just never really thought about it. It's scary how many resources and expenses were probably wasted.

Maybe the girls get to keep them for doing such a good job?

My DS is Phat and I've had it since 2006 (with Mario Kart DS). It still works perfectly fine! Hell there's not even any dead pixels on the bottom screen.

I guess I just take very good care of my DS. X3

I still have my phat too. I never saw the need to upgrade until now.

Edited by speedfreak
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Yeah I've had my Phat since launch and I replaced the battery only a few months ago. It still works perfectly.

Never saw a need to get the other models either, I don't think their improvements were big enough to be worth the money.

Especially since I knew that a new system would be out eventually. ;)

EDIT: I doubt the girls would get to keep them :P

Edited by SuperLink

It would be really nice if the girls got to keep them... throwing them all away really is such a waste.

EDIT: I doubt the girls would get to keep them :P

I don't know, they seemed rather attached to them. ;)Ding

Edited by speedfreak
  • Thumbs Up 7

^ Well, my first DS Lite had a bad hinge. Got a second one via repair, then lost it sadly. Meh, atleast I still have my old DS Phat :D

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

I imagine various Nintendo staff probably keep the prototypes.

I wonder how many of these colours will actually amke it to launch? Nintendo kind of have a history of showing multitudes of console colours pre release that never, ever make it to launch.

...wait, the girls aren't included with the 3DS? D:

Nintendo should totally release the special 3DS booth babe bundle. For the low low price of *insert price here* you get your very own 3DS attached to a booth babe!

You know you want it.

• Thumbs Up 2