Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Nintendo of America doesn't go for straight translations, since those kind of lose meaning. That doesn't mean they don't translate it, they just take the translation and alter it to make it sound better to a Western audience. Though, I can guarantee a sentence like that would show up in a Japanese game. I mean, come on.

Though it's pretty likely NoE took NoA's translation for this, since all the names are the same. For instance, Nowi is not the character's Japanese name. The Japanese name is Nono.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Though, I can guarantee a sentence like that would show up in a Japanese game. I mean, come on.

That was my logic, too.  On the balance of probabilities, which line looks more likely to be in a Japanese game?

A few bargains I noticed in my local HMV store today:

mOMszjl.jpg

ZmOHKkw.jpg

sWdGGu0.jpg

A few bargains I noticed in my local HMV store today:

mOMszjl.jpg

ZmOHKkw.jpg

sWdGGu0.jpg

I can't understand pounds to me that looks like $3.99 and  $14.99

Edited by Shy Guy

I can't understand Euros to me that looks like $3.99 and  $14.99

Looks like you can't understand Pounds either.

It's GB money- pounds sterling or £. The Euro is this €, and we don't use it in Great Britain.

Looks like you can't understand Pounds either.

It's GB money- pounds sterling or £. The Euro is this €, and we don't use it in Great Britain.

fixed

Do I take it to imply that Professor Layton's currently selling a lot more than Splinter Cell, thus the latter's steeper price cut?  What's the standard price over there, anyway? 

Do I take it to imply that Professor Layton's currently selling a lot more than Splinter Cell, thus the latter's steeper price cut?  What's the standard price over there, anyway? 

Professor Layton's average price is about £30. Splinter Cell is usually around the £10 mark online these days. 

• 2 weeks later...

So hey while I was trying to figure out if SEGA's fiscal results included digital releases, I took a look at Virtual Console (all platforms) lists for 3DS;

• North America: 92 VC games
  • Europe: 85 VC games
  • Japan: 162 VC games

Jesus christ, I know Japan has a tendency to get better treated on the digital re-releases front (same with PS1 games, Wii VC, and now WiiU VC) but this is ridiculous! Maybe if we had those kinds of numbers in the west we wouldn't be under the impression that 3DS VC is a load of disappointing shit (it kind of is).

My VC woes continue. I guess I'm stubborn about this subject because it has sooo much potential to be flippin' amazing and yet it's being trodden to the dirt with disregard.. sigh.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait, they get 70 more games than the US? That's insane! Come on Nintendo, where's the love?

Europe has even less. Quit your bellyaching!

Still, it has Wario Land 3 and Oracle of Seasons/Ages are coming, so I'm good, for now at least.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 3

Europe has even less. Stop your bellyaching!

Still, it has Wario Land 3 and Oracle of Seasons/Ages are coming, so I'm good, for now at least.

I'm from the UK so I'm feelin' the pain, don't worry! I just used the US for comparison since it was closer to Japan's number but still way too big...

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought you were from the UK. Mentioning USA confused me there.

Either way, I do agree that's it's pitiful that the west barely has half the games Japan does.

I imagine most of them are titles that were never released outside of Japan. You'd be surprised how many games never left there.

It's not like they've never released VC games in regions the orginals never were released in, though.

Europe has even less. Quit your bellyaching!

I'm from Europe, I'm perfectly able to belly ache :P

• Thumbs Up 2

Such as Lost Levels and Sin and Punishment? Both were games that had exposure in the west, as well as a demand. Not to mention they didn't really have to worry about translation costs.

And you think most of these VC games will need to be translated?

And Mario RPG was never released in Europe before the VC release. And Earthbound is coming to Europe now, too. Both RPGs that would need translation but didn't get them.

Two fanboys talk on which system they should get, PSVita or 3DS?

The lady says 3DS.

The guy goes Vi-GET THE 3DS. I laughed. lol

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

GHURRRRRRTH stop making me want to replace my 3DS even though that deal isn't in my country. :P

Good marketing.

I would've been scared for life if that would've happened to me when I played the game. :o Still, at least they're marketing it. (ohai wii u)