Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

At least you can hope to find people with StreetPass. Besides mine, I've only seem other two 3DSes and only at university.

That being said, it's a great update. Much easier to get StreetPass hits that way.

Hallelujah.  The guy at work who has a 3DS and I have been conspiring to coordinate the E3 gift Miis so that we don't get the same pink pieces as each other.  At the moment, I'm down 48 pieces - 39 of which are pink and therefore largely unobtainable.  I take my 3DS everywhere, but it's a rare event (except at work) to get a tag, and most of the ones I get nowadays have no pieces I don't already have.

So, I've been wondering something.

When is Miiverse coming to 3DS? I remember someone saying it was going to.

I think that was labeled as a rumor

No they been talking about moving it to 3DS in many Nintendo Directs, and also interviews. E3 they mentioned its still in the works.

I really want Miiverse to come to the 3DS. Swapnote being the only form of communication is a fucking pain in the ass.

I wonder if there will be a way for us to find out nearby places where these StreetPass locations are, or if we'll simply have to guess based on the suggested locations.

I'm guessing it'll be linked with the Nintendo/O2 free wifi deala

Does anyone know if I can give the download code of the "Too many games" thing Nintendo does to a friend, or is it bound to my account? I'd like to make a gift to a friend.

Miiverse is coming to 3DS but they haven't said when. It's supposed to be within this year.

Does anyone know if I can give the download code of the "Too many games" thing Nintendo does to a friend, or is it bound to my account? I'd like to make a gift to a friend.

Dunno if you can give the code, but you might be able to gift him the game he wants instead

They usually say things like "please wait a little longer". I was hoping it'd drop as an E3 surprise, but I guess not.

So I just ordered Luigi's Mansion 2 and DKCR3D. I'm on the fence about all the other titles in the "so many games" promotion. I'm willing to give AC a go, but there's no rush to get it now if I don't really care about any other other games. I was considering Lego City, but the Wii U game was kinda bland, and the 3DS one is apparently worse. Mystery Dungeon and Castlevania have never appealed to me either. So that just leaves Fire Emblem. I don't even know the genre of Fire Emblem at all. Is it a good place to start out?

I'd say Fire Emblem Awakening is one of the best strategy games to start the genre with. I wasn't really THAT into strategy when I played it, and I came out loving it. 

I'd say give it a go.

Cheers.

I'm thinking Fire Emblem retail, and then download Animal Crossing?

Cheers.

I'm thinking Fire Emblem retail, and then download Animal Crossing?

A retail copy of FE may be hard to find, depending on where you live.

A retail copy of FE may be hard to find, depending on where you live.

It's readily available here in the UK, from shops and online. 

I'm still wondering if it was a good idea to pre-order Animal Crossing. The only game I want a digital copy of is DKCR but it uses so many blocks on the 3DS I'm having second thoughts. D: I think it's too late now to cancel my order though...ugh.

Oh well, at least I get the figurine set of Isabelle. That's cute.

I'm not into FE, but Awakening seems to be a good place to start. It's the first game in the West to feature a casual mode which basically eliminates permadeath, making it play more like a traditional JRPG without the stress of losing your crew and having to constantly restart the battle.

FE purists will argue against it, but I thought it was a nice gesture to help bring in new players. If I were to get this game I would certainly play on casual mode because savescumming is not my idea of fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not into FE, but Awakening seems to be a good place to start. It's the first game in the West to feature a casual mode which basically eliminates permadeath, making it play more like a traditional JRPG without the stress of losing your crew and having to constantly restart the battle.

FE purists will argue against it, but I thought it was a nice gesture to help bring in new players. If I were to get this game I would certainly play on casual mode because savescumming is not my idea of fun.

You have no idea how depressing it was to lose your crew in Shadow Dragon with their death scenes.

;_; NEVER AGAIN ;_;

• Thumbs Up 1

If you entered the "So Many Games!" thing with Nintendo of Europe and are waiting for your code (like Animal Crossing) then you can check the banners on the official Nintendo site and your code should be up there.

A funny little cameo in Castlevania Mirror of Fate:

DSC00584_zpsc26d5e83.jpg

Year of Luigi indeed =P

• Thumbs Up 5