Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

I meant I'll hire one, waste it if it's not a White Hero, repeat until I actually get one. I think the room remains bright after your brighten it once, correct? Then I can focus on saving up Passes/Coins for taking it on properly.

Edited by EuroMIX

Can I just state how much I HATE that dark room in Streetpass Quest 1? Nothing like wasting a ton of Play Coins hoping for a White Hero and not getting a single one and having to watch a fleeing conga. What a fucking waste...

I'm currently in that situation. What a fucking waste of play coins indeed.

Wouldn't be quite so bad if I could earn more than 10 coins a day, or if it cost half as much to hire heroes.

Yeah the 10 coin per day limit and the 10 passes per check things are pretty dumb.

I know it's pretty shameful that I haven't unlocked the second Quest yet.

I think it wouldn't be as bad if they let you pay a bit more for a specific coloured Hero, maybe limiting it to one per play to prevent abuse. Some Heroes are largely useless or impractical except maybe for specific situations.

Some Heroes are largely useless or impractical except maybe for specific situations.

Please don't talk to me about the yellow Mii. Just...urgh.

• Thumbs Up 2

I tried out the new games and they're all pretty in-depth, though in one sense it's actually almost a little awkward now because using your streetpasses is no longer a 2 minute jobby.  Playing on all 6 games will take a good 10-15 minutes I think, especially the sci-fi one, it's a proper shmup game, just one where you have to pay play coins or have a streetpass to challenge the next level.

Whether this is good or bad is debateable... they're certainly big enough games to be worth money rather than free updates, but I do imagine overall they are almost a BIT TOO good, that is to say, it's gonna be frustrating when you just want to play them because they're good games but can't because you have no passes or coins.

The gardening one is weird as fuck though.  The way the Miis animate in it is almost nightmare-ish somehow.

By the way, these were all developed by third parties under Nintendo's watch.  I forget two of them, but the Gardening one was made by GREZZO (OoT 3D) and the Haunted House one was made by Prope (Let's Tap/Ivy the Kiwi?).

If they announce a Super Princess Peach sequel, I'll sell my Vita to get the 3DS within days. But, knowing Nintendo so far it's not gonna happen. Also, screw those people who say this portrays us females as emo.

I was going to ask if the Mii Plaza shop is fixed, but then I saw people over at ONM saying there's a patch. Only problem is that it doesn't trigger automatically like the initial update. You've got to select the "Check for Updates" option on the far left.

I think what Nintendo did is separate the Plaza from the 3DS' main updates so it can work like a separate program. So updates for it will be handled by the program itself now.

I think what Nintendo did is separate the Plaza from the 3DS' main updates so it can work like a separate program. So updates for it will be handled by the program itself now.

Yeah, the initial Mii Plaza update was separate from the system update, but was triggered automatically when entering the Mii Plaza. This patch for it isn't automatic, though. 

Yeah, the initial Mii Plaza update was separate from the system update, but was triggered automatically when entering the Mii Plaza. This patch for it isn't automatic, though.

...I got it automatically.

Decide which new StreetPass games you want
Watch Joe's handy video guide to Squad, Garden, Battle and Mansion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=okqgbBx1l5E
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/51363/decide-which-new-streetpass-games-you-want/

...I got it automatically.

That's weird. I didn't.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nifty little video.  That battle one's not going to be much use to me, though.  I don't know how many Streetpasses the folks I meet have, but if I'm only tagging one every couple of months, it's going to be a loooooong war.

I got a ton when I went to the Zelda concert in 2011, but it was new to me then so I wasn't sure of the most effective way to use them and it was hard to get through them all before the next batch came in, We arrived late and left early in order to get our coach back, else I probably could have gotten several hundred and completed much of Streetpass Quest and Puzzle Swap.

I wish the 3DS could save up every Streetpass, even beyond the first ten, and then throw them at you later after you were done with the first set.

Can I just state how much I HATE that dark room in Streetpass Quest 1? Nothing like wasting a ton of Play Coins hoping for a White Hero and not getting a single one and having to watch a fleeing conga. What a fucking waste...

If you have a friend who also has a 3DS, this is easy as fuck...

Get your friend to change their Mii's shirt to white, save changes. Both of you close your 3DS - pick up his/her Mii character with White shirt. Go to Streetpass Quest - light room up

Funny thing is, I did this yesterday and got a White Hero on my first try. Still didn't make the fleeing conga line from the previous day any better though.

Oh, and I finally finished 3D Land and unlocked the second half of the game that people spoiled me on a bit (though it has been a while since release). It's nice to have more of the true Tanooki Suit's powers with the Statue Leaf. Still a shame that they had to retcon so many of the power-ups features though...

Just got a new panel in Puzzle Swap, no other update. New one I got was Xenoblade Chronicles.

niDo3dL.png

DS memories.

The DS was awesome smile.png; tons of great games that took great advantage of the hardware.  My favorite game on the system was Kirby's Canvas Curse; beautifully simple graphics, great use of the touch screen, and it did a wonderful job adapting classic Kirby elements like his copy abilities into the new gameplay.  The game also had a wealth of content too (playable Meta Knight, DeeDe, Waddle Dee, and the laser guy).  Mario Kart DS, Star Fox Command, and Waroware Touched were other games I loved as well smile.png

The only bad thing about the system was we didn't get a true original 3d Mario (even though Mario 64 DS was great), its 2d Mario was very subpar (graphics were good, everything else was just too easy), and its Zelda games were a horrible compared to the GB and GBA Zelda's (though this is being thankfully changed with the solid remake of Ocrena of Time and a new Link to the Past on the 3ds).

Edited by RK64

New Chibi-Robo Announced

ku-xlarge.jpg

For the Japanese e-Shop.

Chibi-Robo! was one of the most underrated games on Nintendo's GameCube, so it's nice to see the robot of the same name find a new lease of life in a 3DS title, freshly-announced by Nintendo Japan.

It's an augmented reality photography game, where you're given shapes that you have to find in the real world. Succeed and take a photo and the little guy pops out and whisks it away.

It's an e-shop title, and is available in Japan today.

http://kotaku.com/out-of-nowhere-nintendo-announces-new-chibi-robo-game-653832768

Sounds kind of fun, though it seems very simple. I wouldn't be surprised by a western release.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not a single Chibi-Robo game has come to Europe since the first game (which I absolutely adored) so I am really dejected about my chances of ever getting another Chibi-Robo game.

I doubt it'll come to Europe even if it comes to America lmao.

It's just an (small?) e-Shop release, though. Nowadays they can release these kind of games with less risk, so I think it has a chance.