Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

$99 3DS @ Frys

www.frys.com/product/6511853?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

niDo3dL.png

DS memories.

I never ever used Pictochat and I've had a DS since 2006. I swear.

Might get a 3DS after the summer vacation, merely because I want Project X Zone and Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Oh fucks sake I thought the So Many Games promotion ended on July the 31st not June 30th, I just got my third game yesterday expecting to get the fourth free and now I'm sad ;(

Oh fucks sake I thought the So Many Games promotion ended on July the 31st not June 30th, I just got my third game yesterday expecting to get the fourth free and now I'm sad ;(

wow that must be hugely frustrating :c sorry man.

$99 3DS @ Frys

www.frys.com/product/6511853?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Not an XL, so not worth it.

Ah fuck. What game did you just buy, and what have you missed out on?

Ah fuck. What game did you just buy, and what have you missed out on?

I really wanted Fire Emblem, I've never played a game in the series and figured if I got it for free then I couldn't go wrong, I'm not entirely sure it's my type of game but I'm quite intrigued by it at least.

Oh well I'll just buy Dream Team to make up for it.

Not an XL, so not worth it.

Ha ha. Yeah, I want an XL really bad. As soon as a deal pops up on them I'll probably pick one up. Black Friday? Hmm

I want to upgrade to an XL, but only if I can get an awesome special edition one to match my special Pokémon Back DSi. I was hoping that Nintendo would announced some XY themed systems, and well...

0MV6TtA.jpg

Fingers crossed that they make it outside of Japan. Initially I liked the blue one most, but now I'm not so sure. The gold is much more unique. I pay a premium for either of them though. And since the Pokémon Black/White themed systems were initially thought to be Japan only until much later for Europe and the absolute last minute for the USA, I'll remain hopeful (unless Nintendo have confirmed otherwise already).

Edited by Blue Blood

They'll probably be japanese lottery items like the last 5,000 "Special Edition" paintjobs.

I just want new color options.

I kinda want an XL, but I'm only buying one if Nintendo confirm they're not making another better 3DS model ever.

(so I probably won't buy one

but if they make another better 3DS model, I might buy that if the battery life is greatly improved)

Not sure what more they could do that wouldn't make it horribly expensive to produce.

I don't think they'll release one like that any time soon. In fact, they're selling the extended battery separate instead. I forgot how many extra hours it has, I think it's more like the battery life the DS Lite had.

They'll probably be japanese lottery items like the last 5,000 "Special Edition" paintjobs.

I just want new color options.

Fortumately, that's not the case this time. The Blue one is getting a regular release, while the Gold one is exclusive to the Pokémon Centre. So that's why I think there's hope this time.

oh.

would they be released around the time of Pokemon X and Y? I'm picking my XL up along with X and Y at release day.

oh.

would they be released around the time of Pokemon X and Y? I'm picking my XL up along with X and Y at release day.

Yeah, they'll be released on October 12th and  come with one of the two games pre-installed.

Special Pokémon X and Y-themed Nintendo 3DS XL systems will be available in Japan from October 12; they come with Pokémon X or Y pre-installed on the 4GB SDHC card. The systems will cost ¥22800.

The Xerneas-Yveltal Blue Nintendo 3DS XL will be available at most stores, while the special Premium Gold edition will only be available at Pokémon Center stores.

The Xerneas-Yveltal Blue Nintendo 3DS XL is blue with a black trim and features Xerneas and Yveltal on the front and silhouettes of ChespinFennekin and Froakie on the back. The Premium Gold Nintendo 3DS XL is gold with a black trim and features silhouettes of Xerneas in a forest, Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie on the front, and silhouettes of Yveltal in the sky, Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie on the back.

Bulbapedia

Edited by Blue Blood

Cool. Then consider me on the train that wants it over here.

I wish 3DS was Region free so I wouldn't have to beg for it but noooo

Edited by Lightning Mareon (Solkia)
  • Thumbs Up 2

I kinda want an XL, but I'm only buying one if Nintendo confirm they're not making another better 3DS model ever.

(so I probably won't buy one

but if they make another better 3DS model, I might buy that if the battery life is greatly improved)

THIS IS EXACTLY MY DILEMMA! I'm worried that if I buy one any time soon there will be an announcement of the new 3DS revision.

"But they can't do anything more!"

Well, I think they could go with a middle area between the old 3DS and XL. They know 3D works better and they could definitely/possibly include better 3D screens or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Including a better screen wouldn't require a new model, just a board revision.

Seriously, unless they plan on making a deal with Verison for 4G or something, which I doubt considering their fear of Online stuff, it's safe to get an XL.

EDIT: Not to mention the XL is a solid console and not really worth upgrading from. It's like throwing $300 at Nvidia for a 760 when you have a 670.

Edited by Lightning Mareon (Solkia)

Including a better screen wouldn't require a new model, just a board revision.

Seriously, unless they plan on making a deal with Verison for 4G or something, which I doubt considering their fear of Online stuff, it's safe to get an XL.

Mid Sized Screen

Adjusted areas of slots (possibly move stylus to side, SD card put somewhere else, etc)

3DS XL build quality (speaker change, model design different, matte paint)

2GB --> 4GB Card

Updated technology for 3D that allows wider viewing angles and easier to see 3D

Higher resolution (FAR FETCHED)

Possible second control pad (I know the Pro had extra shoulder buttons, but that shouldn't be that big of a deal as I guess you could stick with the classic l/r control set up with the second analog controlling the camera)

Different stylus

MOAR COLORS

Increased onboard memory storage

Larger battery

I wouldn't mind if the original 3DS was phased out for one that sits between the XL and normal edition. I'm sure it's safe to get the XL, and I doubt it will ever get replaced. The original 3DS on the other hand isn't as safe. If a new model comes out that improves upon the original, I would get that instead of an XL.

Edited by Autosaver

Can someone tell me what the advantages of getting an XL over the original model are? I'm considering getting the 3DS, but I am kinda pressed for cash.

Edited by Indigo Rush

-Bigger Screen

-comes with a 4GB card instead of a 2GB card

-Fixed a lot of the cheap build quality the launch model had

-Matte so no fingerprints everywhere

• Thumbs Up 2

The XL is so much better that it's not even funny. I mean, the original 3DS is cool and all but seeing the 3DS XL fix a ton of issues and give you better viewing of games just makes it a better buy.