Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

I've considered getting a 3Ds, but I think I will stick to my wii-u since my parents will kill me if I buy anything other than a saturn(cause they already know I have some lines out for one) XD

I have an original 3DS :P

I'm gonna have to stick with it, unless it breaks, but it has survived my daughter so far *fingers crossed*

I definitely recommend an XL if anyone can go the extra few bucks for one if they're thinking about getting a 3DS. I upgraded here last month from my regular one because it'd cramp my hand a lot, leaving me only able to play it for about 20 minutes at a time. The XL's bigger screen and button feels is a huge plus and can't imagine going back to my other one haha. Not to mention the weird pocket marks that my old one would get due to it's finishing.

I got a question... Let's say, I wanna upgrade to a 3DS XL (I already own a 3DS) and buy a 3DS XL with pre-installed software - what if I transfer the data of my "old" 3DS onto my new XL? Will the pre-installed game be gone because my 3DS data replaced the XL one? The thought kind of worries me.

From the sounds of it, you'll be fine smile.png

What Is Transferred During the System Transfer Process?
Applies To: Transfer From Nintendo 3DS

Answer:

For the most part, information on the target system (system being transferred to) will be overwritten by the information on the source system (system being transferred from). See below for specific details, or click here for more information:
- All content downloaded via the eShop on both systems (DSiWare, Ambassador games and status, 3DS Downloadable software, etc) will be combined together onto the target system.
- After the transfer is complete, titles will be available to re-download from the Nintendo eShop on the target system.
[...]
- Pre-installed games [...] are treated as a standard Nintendo eShop game license.
[...]

Nintendo FAQ

System Transfer basically takes your entire 3DS and moves it over to another one. So unless some error occurs, you'll have everything.

Which system keeps the friend code and friends list? Or is the friend code from the original system transferred to the new one, and both friends lists are merged?

The new one I'm guessing  - makes more sense if you think about it (transfers games + license ---> Old 3DS is brand new with new code).

Friend codes are transferred to the new system. It wipes the new handheld and replaces it with the data from the one you're transferring from. You have the same friend code and friend list as before. I assume the pre installed data is special because ot is there before you set up your account.

I dont think you can merge accounts though.

Actually, any games that were bought on both systems are merged. So if you bought some games on your new 3DS you won't lose them when you transfer stuff from your old one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Which system keeps the friend code and friends list? Or is the friend code from the original system transferred to the new one, and both friends lists are merged?

The 3DS you transfer from completely overwrites the one it's being transferred to. So, you should do it before you do anything on your XL or replacement. Once done, the 3DS you transferred from basically reverts to factory settings, nothing about the previous 3DS is saved on it save for Club Nintendo link for some reason. I know this, because I transferred my 3DS over to my XL, then gave the 3DS to my brother. When he buys things from the eShop, they pop up on my Club Nintendo Registration.

Edited by King Of Awesome

I'm not exactly sure where to put this, but seeing as I'm attempting to fix a DS game so I can use it on my 3DS..(Threadhopping too, so if this has been addressed before I don't know).

Aight. So I found my copy of Pokémon: Soul Silver a while back, and today I went to play it.

Insert it into the game slot, wait for a minute... And the 3DS acts as if I never inserted it in.

So I restart my 3DS, blow air on the cartridge and in the slot, and put it back in. Still no go. Try that multiple times and it still isn't working.

Anyone got any ideas as to how to fix this?

What system did you play the game on before? A DS/Lite or DSi? Cause it sounds to me like you might have a bootleg.

I played it on a DSi before a few months ago. I dunno whether it's a bootleg or not; I purchased it at a Gamestop, if that helps determine the authenticity.

I'm not exactly sure where to put this, but seeing as I'm attempting to fix a DS game so I can use it on my 3DS..(Threadhopping too, so if this has been addressed before I don't know).

Aight. So I found my copy of Pokémon: Soul Silver a while back, and today I went to play it.

Insert it into the game slot, wait for a minute... And the 3DS acts as if I never inserted it in.

So I restart my 3DS, blow air on the cartridge and in the slot, and put it back in. Still no go. Try that multiple times and it still isn't working.

Anyone got any ideas as to how to fix this?

Here a better question. Does any other 3DS or DS game work.

DSi was region free. 3DS is not.

Have you checked the region coding?

DS/Lite was region free, DSi and 3DS have region locking. However, in the case of the DSi it only applies to DSi enhanced games (Sonic Classic Collection, any game that uses the cameras or allows the use of WPA encryption on Wi-Fi), and Soul Silver is entirely region free. 

Did you buy the game new or second hand?

I tried three other games (Pokémon Rumble Blast, Sonic Rush Adventure, and Harry Potter 6). They all work.

The game was new.

I tried three other games (Pokémon Rumble Blast, Sonic Rush Adventure, and Harry Potter 6). They all work.

The game was new.

In which case, I've absolutely no idea what's up with it. You might wanna check it in your DSi or any other system if you can.

How sure are you that it's not a bootleg copy, since the 3DS blocks off bootlegged games.
I bought a "new" copy of Pokemon Pearl when I was younger and that turned out to be a bootleg.

How sure are you that it's not a bootleg copy, since the 3DS blocks off bootlegged games.

I bought a "new" copy of Pokemon Pearl when I was younger and that turned out to be a bootleg.

Buying a new copy from a big retailer such as GameStop ensures it's legitimate in all but the most exceptional and unheard of cases. 

Buying a new copy from a big retailer such as GameStop ensures it's legitimate in all but the most exceptional and unheard of cases. 

Oh right, didn't see the post saying it was bought from GameStop. Could just be dirty contacts, you could try cleaning them with a cotton bud. Had the same issue with my copy of Megaman ZX, sometimes pushing it harder in and more toward the contacts works too.

Funny enough, I once got a bootleg Tetris DS from GameStop. Most of the time though, second hand or not, it's usually legit. That said, games can slip through the cracks.

EDIT: I misread the "new copy" part of

Blue Blood's post, so I've removed my quote of his post.

Edited by SonHOG

Didn't Nintendo say that MiiVerse was coming to 3DS over the summer? Also when is Flipnote 3D due out again?