Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

I demand everyone watch this video:

Gametrailers 3DS Hands-On

Why, you ask? Because you can kinda make out the 3D effect of the system. And it's AWESOME.

I think it might be a placebo effect going on there. I think I can see it, and if I really can, it's amazing. But I want to have it in front of me before I make final judgments.

Why, you ask? Because you can kinda make out the 3D effect of the system. And it's AWESOME.

Thanks, yeah you can kind of make it out. Yoshi's nose looks like it was going to pop out of the screen if you were there in front of the console. Like Nintendo said, you need to have it in front of you.

This is going to be the big problem when it comes to marketing the handheld come release.

I honestly would be extremely disappointed if 3DS would to be released in 2010, although that has more or less to do with my finances than anything. Especially with all the delicious games coming out during the autumn season, I cant afford all of this shit.

Edited by Columind

I will CRY LIKE A LITTLE GIRL WITH PIGTAILS RIDING A TRICYCLE if it isn't out in the UK in time for christmas.

I imported my DS from Japan due to it being region free just so I could have it for Christmas and opening up a brand new console on Christmas morning is a feeling that NOTHING can beat.

Opening up a brand new console in March just... isn't the same.

Opening up a brand new console in March just isn't the same.

It is when you celebrate Marchmas - the Spring equivalent of the festive season (that doesn't exist)!

Nahh I totally agree, finding a new console wrapped up under the Christmas tree is a feeling like no other. I remember how excited I was when I got my Wii on Christmas Day 2006, and I think I'd be equally ecstactic to find a 3DS under my tree this year.

WE ALL NEED TO BELIEVE IN SHIGSY CLAUS!

I do hope the 3DS is released for Christmas. Why would I want to wait till March? D:

Also it needs a good release date for Europe too. No repeat of the DS, please. T.T

What we're seeing is him rotating the in game camera, not the effects of 3D. In one of the shots of Samus, you can see the double vision effect, like in 3D movie when you don't have glasses on. It's nice that they allow you to adjust the discrepancy between the images. I suspect it's going to be awesome, though.

This is going to be the big problem when it comes to marketing the handheld come release.
Well hey, if they can market the Wii by showing a bunch of silly fucks flailing Wiimotes around and showing absolutely zero gameplay, how hard could it be to do the same for the 3DS? Hell, you gotta admit that ad with Reggie getting incinerated by Bowser pretty much guaranteed a great many preorders singlehandedly.

But here's to hoping they have some in-store demos nonetheless.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hell, you gotta admit that ad with Reggie getting incinerated by Bowser pretty much guaranteed a great many preorders singlehandedly.

I don't know about the rest of you, but that commercial was all it took to get my money.

But here's to hoping they have some in-store demos nonetheless.

I was thinking the same thing, it wouldn't be smart if they didn't. One of the reasons the Game Boy Micro had such terrible sales was because of the complete lack of in store kiosks that most systems, handheld or console, usually get.

Found this on Kotaku.

originalsz.jpg

Looks like the casing's logo is moved to the mouth's side. And definately a new cartridge.

^ Actually, the 3DS casing logo is still in the same area as the DS. Its upside down. Flip it 180º and you'll get the real casing.

^ Actually, the 3DS casing logo is still in the same area as the DS. Its upside down. Flip it 180º and you'll get the real casing.

Why would they put it upside down? And I don't know about you, but I clearly see a mouth on the right edge.

If there's anything about the 3DS that I really need/want to know, is how powerful it is. I want to know how it measures up to everything else.

Can i suggest a topic name change back to "Nintendo 3DS"? I mean after all we don't think its a joke anymore, why keep the joke title?

EDIT: So how much of that so called "DS2" Stuff on the first post was correct? I think Patticus needs to change his first post based on infomation we know now.

Edited by goku262002

So how much of that so called "DS2" Stuff on the first post was correct? I think Patticus needs to change his first post based on infomation we know now.

Well, for one thing, we can now rule this out, (Taken from the first page):

* The system has two screens, just like the DS, but they are bigger and higher resolution. I’m sure most of you could have guessed that, but the interesting part is that the gap between the two screens is negligible. Developers will be able to use them as one giant screen. At the very least, this will allow for some awesome cutscenes. It also has some potentially cool gameplay potential, with developers shifting the action from dual screen to single screen depending on the situation.

Can i suggest a topic name change back to "Nintendo 3DS"? I mean after all we don't think its a joke anymore, why keep the joke title?

EDIT: So how much of that so called "DS2" Stuff on the first post was correct? I think Patticus needs to change his first post based on infomation we know now.

I was never joking.

• Thumbs Up 5

I like how the cases look. The white fits with the Wii now :). I just hope that they use the same ones in Europe, and not those fat, see-through ones. I only know one game that used that and that was Lunar Knights..

Edited by MarcelloF

Interesting augmented reality tech demo described -

Weirdly, the most impressive thing on 3DS today wasn't a game at all - it was a tech demo. This is a little tricky to describe, but here goes: I was handed a sheet of paper with a wood effect style print on it, alongside a playing card with a Question Block printed on it.

The 3DS was in camera mode, and I was asked to point it at the Question Block. First, it measured the distance between the outer camera on the 3DS and the Question Block, changing the distance as I moved it around. Pretty cool.

Then, when I moved the 3DS a specific distance away from playing card, it happened - this was an augmented reality demo. On the 3D top screen, the wood surface flipped around to display three targets on the table on front of me. A target appeared in the middle of the screen, and by pressing A and moving the 3DS around, I took out the targets.

The background warped and bulged and flipped around again and a gargoyle-style beast came out at me. Again, by moving the 3DS unit around I could line up the targeting reticule with the monster's weak spots and take him down. You can even literally dodge his attacks when he lunges toward you by moving the 3DS out of the way.

We've all seen this sort of technology before, of course, but never through a 3D screen and never on a games console. The potential uses for this sort of technology are as astounding as they are mind-boggling.

I hope all this gushing praise isn't getting too much, but demos like this just add to the plentiful reasons why you simply have to get your hands on a 3DS. A little later on, I found myself shoving the 3DS in other people's hands, explaining what to do in order to activate the augmented reality demo and just watching their reactions to it. Every single person was blown away.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=18128

• Thumbs Up 1

That sounds really cool. I wonder if the 3DS will sell better than the DS... I kind of doubt it, because the casual players have their games and might not want to upgrade, when they have what they need...