Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

So is this a joke or......................Because if it's real then how the fuck does this even play 3DS games without two screens?!

EDIT: Oh, it connects to stuff. Honestly I think it's pretty cool that it connects to your TV. Meh on phone connection though. And also dat price is pretty damn cool. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

so are we going to see a string of 3DS games streamed now and recorded for youtube? Is this thing serious? Idk what's a joke or real anymore XD

Um guys, read the text at the bottom.

Wow, that almost got me until I looked again and saw this.

I'm pretty sure this is a joke and nothing else . XD

rsz_3s8ir5.jpg

You guys aren't any fun :P

• Thumbs Up 5

What a revolution! Nintendo Co., Ltd.® is pushing the boundaries of play with the brand new Nintendo 2DS™ and now with its companion console, Nintendo 1DS™ - it's truly the most affordable and incredibly revolutionary device in modern technology since the Nintendo Wii U™! I would definitely pre-order now for just $99.99 on Nintendo®'s official website! My word. Such visionaries.

Edited by Symbotic

tbh... I wouldn't mind seeing something like this released.... I loved my GBA GC player so much, shame really that there was never a DS or 3DS equivalent

Edited by LunarEdge
  • Thumbs Up 4

When will we get a 4DS? We can be able see into the 4th dimension with it.

Surely a 4DS would function just like 4D films do - something that pops out of the screen and you can physically feel.

inb4 Super Mario Sunshine remake where you get soaked with water and paint

• Thumbs Up 3

tbh... I wouldn't mind seeing something like this released.... I loved my GBA GC player so much, shame really that there was never a DS or 3DS equivalent
That's the main reason why I bought a game cube but unfortunately I never got(i forgot about it). The closest we have to that is monster hunter 3 ultimate

I would be fine with this honestly. If they wait a while before releasing it.  I mean I wouldn't want to see this released until like a year or two after the 2DS.

Surely a 4DS would function just like 4D films do - something that pops out of the screen and you can physically feel.

inb4 Super Mario Sunshine remake where you get soaked with water and paint

Yeah, then the people that end up getting wet or covered with stuff will then become sue happy and try and sue Nintendo over getting them wet. tongue.png

A 3DS Player for Wii U would be the most incredible thing ever and if you don't think so too then get out of my face

You mean like the GBA connectors with the Wii? I'm sure you would need one of those fancy 3D tv's as well if it was to work on a tv.

You mean like the GBA connectors with the Wii? I'm sure you would need one of those fancy 3D tv's as well if it was to work on a tv.

1) the game boy player was for the gamecube

2) you don't need to use the 3d for any 3ds games (plus the 2ds exists) so the same is true here; 3d would be optional if this hypothetical 3DS player were to actually exist

The issue with a 3DS player idea is that the hardware inside the system is much more expensive than the stuff from the GBA era; and the Game Boy Player (like the Super Game Boy before it) was most of the hardware of the GBA shoved inside of it with minimal hardware from the Gamecube used. Even though screens tend to be the single most expensive part of a handheld device, I'm doubtful that Nintendo could produce the guts of a 3DS for a cheap enough cost to keep it within the realm of popularity (meaning the cost of a single game, like the SGB and GBP were before it).

It would also be immensely more difficult to get compatibility for with the second screen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, DS/3DS games that utilize both screens for gameplay, such as Sonic Rush, would range anywhere from impractical to outright impossible.

If you really want to play your 3ds on a tv that bad you're better off getting a 3ds/3ds xl with a capture card installed, then hooking that sucker to a pc, and then that pc to a tv.