Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

1) the game boy player was for the gamecube

2) you don't need to use the 3d for any 3ds games (plus the 2ds exists) so the same is true here; 3d would be optional if this hypothetical 3DS player were to actually exist

That was a typo, I meant to say gamecube. I have one of those connectors that allow you to use the GBA as a controller yes.

I do agree that it would be tricky to play the games on a tv though. People have emulated DS games on PC, but often times they still have trouble with them. Ones that often need heavy use of the stylis often have difficulty being played like that on anything except the system itself. Unless the thing was hooked up to a wiiu gamepad and the tv itself for the two screens, I dont see how else it could work.

Introducing Nintendo 1DS

http://nintendo1ds.com/

It looks so genuine...in fact i wouldn't be surprised if this was a parody device created by Nintendo themselves...

When will we get a 4DS? We can be able see into the 4th dimension with it.

I don't think our bodies are ready to handle a fourth dimension.

It looks so genuine...in fact i wouldn't be surprised if this was a parody device created by Nintendo themselves...

I don't think our bodies are ready to handle a fourth dimension.

Haha, Nintendo sure know how to laugh at themselves when they need to.

Surely a 4DS would function just like 4D films do - something that pops out of the screen and you can physically feel.

inb4 Super Mario Sunshine remake where you get soaked with water and paint

I want this inside me right fakkin now.

Also, DS/3DS games that utilize both screens for gameplay, such as Sonic Rush, would range anywhere from impractical to outright impossible.

Just put both screens on one screen. Problem solved.

Edited by Blacklightning

I don't like the idea of having massive black borders on the edges of the television assuming the screens are invariably placed vertically from each other as they should be. There is also the matter of various, if not all, games in the DS family using the touch screen as a mandatory feature. You'd have two options at this point: use the Wii U gamepad to function as a touch screen (which would force you to turn your head constantly looking down and up, while on a 3/DS it's only a matter of shifting your eyes down just a bit) or use the Wiimote as a cursor (...). And if you're going to be using a 3DS as a controller, then you might as well just play on the 3DS.

A DS/3DS player just sounds like way, way more hassle than it's worth to me.

So, I'm getting one of these pretty soon, and don't know what to get with it. Any suggestions?

Luigi's Mansion 2

Fire Emblem Awakening

Kid Icarus

Kingdom Hearts 3D

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Mario 3D Land

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Mighty Switch Force 1 & 2

Pushmo/Crashmo

Mario & Luigi Dream Team

Ocarina of Time 3D

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm trying to think of some Third-party ones but none are coming to mind.

I guess HEy Ice King Why'd you steal our Garbage is a good one.

StarFox 64 3D is also great to get also. As someone who started the series with Adventures, I'm glad I finally got a chance to experience the game that made the series famous.

Unfortunately, of the two Japan gets, I liked the gold one over the blue - so, of course, it's not being released over here.  Still like the black Charizard XL best, although I'd snap up the gold XY in an instant if it was available.

The red Pokemon one might be enough to make me jump over from my DS Light, but I dunno.

The 3DS playing DS games is also perfect. I would ditch the Light and get the XL.

I'm personally upgrading to the Blue one.

but the DS Lite plays GBA games

then whip out the good ol' GBA SP! I still got mine and my friends and I find time to play some good ol' Four Swords Adventure. Good times

Those Pokemon 3DS's do look sexy. Is it just that color on the outside like most XLs or is colored on the inside as well

*sees* Pokemon X 3DS system*

I...I am now probably considering upgrading. Now question:

I have the original 3DS. Can use the value of that plus the difference in price between that and the Pokemon X/Y 3DS XL to pay for said XL? If so, which retailers offer that? 

Did I make sense?

The reason I'm hesitant to get rid of the Light is less "it plays GBA games" (because I just use my Go for that anyway) and more "I have a rumble pack and really like what it adds to the games that support it." And there are only a couple 3DS games that are that interesting to me anyway (Mario Kart 7, for example); so it would otherwise be used entirely with DS games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't decide between a Red 3DS XL or Blue 3DS XL. Red is my favorite color but I'm worried about it being too light. I might go with red.

When is it going to be put up by other retailers? It's only on Gamestop so far.

I would still be using both my normal ds and my 3ds if my normal DS still worked well anymore. It's top screen doesnt like to work that much anymore. You have to open and close it dozens of time before you get a picture that doesnt slowly fade away. Now finally, the plastic around the hinges started to crack not long ago, so I dont want to touch it anymore. I've had to break out my SP if I want to play GBA games now. Only thing though, the SP doesnt hold a good charge like it used to, so normally have to leave it plugged in at most times. The red light will be on alot otherwise, that or the system will sometimes just randomly reset when you do nothing. Already missing my normal DS alot for that slot on the bottom. That's why I never upgraded to a lite or anything past it because the original was so awesome.

I finally got my 3DS! I've been playing a few games and have downloaded all the updates, but I'm running into a few snags...

After I updated Streetpass, it won't go beyond the "3DS" bootup bios. It keeps crashing and telling me that there was an error. This happens to some other 3DS demos as well. I tried uninstalling the updates but it won't let me do anything unless I update again. 

Has anyone experienced this before? What should I do?