Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

I finally got my 3DS! I've been playing a few games and have downloaded all the updates, but I'm running into a few snags...

After I updated Streetpass, it won't go beyond the "3DS" bootup bios. It keeps crashing and telling me that there was an error. This happens to some other 3DS demos as well. I tried uninstalling the updates but it won't let me do anything unless I update again. 

Has anyone experienced this before? What should I do?

I think some of the updates had bugs. I think that the streetpass one was one of them. I don't have a readily available wifi so I hadn't updated my system since downloading NSMB2 DLC back in January. When I played my copy of Mario and Luigi Dream Team it asked me to update before I play the game. But I haven't come to any trouble yet.

Dream Team is one of the demos that keeps on crashing on the title screen. 

I went ahead and reformatted my console and I'll try re-downloading everything tomorrow. Hope that works.

BTUJdMQIEAA4TEk.jpg

It's coming to the US and Europe on September 27th. YES!

This is bitter-sweet. I'm glad the XY 3DSs are being brought are here, but I knew that it was quite likely that the Gold one wouldn't be considering it's outlandish design and limited availablity. Ah well. Now I've got to make up my mind about which of these to buy...

Oh and, these aren't bundles and still don't include chargers? Ha! Way to cheap out, Nintendo.

For people in the UK wanting to buy one...

GAME £179.99 Red and Blue

ShopTo £228.85 Red with X version and Blue with Y version (still expensive compared to others)

Amazon £198.42 Red and Blue

Base.com £179.99 Red and Blue

365 Games £209.99 Red and Blue

Does anyone else know anywhere else to order to from?

Edited by Blue Blood

Wait...the XL doesn't come with a charger? How do you get them then? I've never seen an official Nintendo charger...apart from the one that comes with the handheld :/

I am a bit angry that I have to buy this whilst I already have a 3DS XL. I wouldn't be able to buy one until October so I'm crossing my fingers that it won't sell out by then.

Wait...the XL doesn't come with a charger? How do you get them then? I've never seen an official Nintendo charger...apart from the one that comes with the handheld :/

The charger costs less than a tenner, and with a cradle it costs about £20. Nintendo decided not to include a charger presumably cause they expect so many people will already own a 3DS, DSi or DSiXL, cause they all use the same thing. Saves them a little on costs, and then they can charge a bit extra for it.

Ahh alright, just found it shocking because all 3 of my DS's have come with a charger...(even my Anerican crimson DS lite that I bought on eBay and picked up from a Spanish estate agents in Birmingham came with an American charger) so I just found it odd :P

Ahh alright, just found it shocking because all 3 of my DS's have come with a charger...(even my Anerican crimson DS lite that I bought on eBay and picked up from a Spanish estate agents in Birmingham came with an American charger) so I just found it odd tongue.png

It is odd, and I'm sure it's lead to a lot of confusion. Not including a charger with a device that requires a specific charger is pretty out of order if you ask me.

It is odd, and I'm sure it's lead to a lot of confusion. Not including a charger with a device that requires a specific charger is pretty out of order if you ask me.

I think they just assumed everyone who bought one was upgrading from a regular 3DS, which is just ludicrous and silly.
  • Thumbs Up 6

Don't most places, when you resell these systems want  the charger when you turn them over  to be sold? Unless you are keeping your older 3DS when you plan to upgrade to one of these others, it would seem you would have to go out and buy a new one. Things not being included is one way to annoy parents or people that have very low tolerace levels for when they get the device home and its not in there.

I contacted Nintendo about my problem via e-mail. I may have to send it back in. Good thing I have a warranty on it.

In other news, been playing Brain Age, Sonic Triple Trouble and Sonic Rush on it. Fun stuff. Something about playing STT on a handheld invokes some serious nostalgia... even though I never played that one on the Game Gear.

There are rumours that Miiverse and NNID will hit 3DS before November.

That'd be ultra super hyper turbo neat.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something about playing STT on a handheld invokes some serious nostalgia... even though I never played that one on the Game Gear.

You wanna try it out on the 2DS, for maximum too-big-for-your-pockets nostalgia.

Anyway... I really hope that Amazon lowers the price of the XY XLs. They're about £20 more expensive than GAME, which is quite a lot by anyone's standards. But I've got a £50 Amazon gift card that I'd love to put towards this to get the most out of it.

Edited by Blue Blood

Just a note, the DSi family and 3DS family use the same exact charger. If you owned any DSi family system, you can reuse it with the 3DS. Save yourself money.

Just a note, the DSi family and 3DS family use the same exact charger. If you owned any DSi family system, you can reuse it with the 3DS. Save yourself money.

That has already been pointed out in the discussion on this page. People are saying that it's still stupid to not include a charger with a device that requires one because not everyone will own a previous system or may be trading their previous system in towards this new one. Imagine if someone bought a 3DS XL as a Christmas gift for a child expecting the charger to be in there. The kid would open it and then wouldn't be able to play it until the shops open the next day. 

• Thumbs Up 2

It's just the most basic thing. If a device runs on a built in power-source, then you've pretty much got to include some way to charge it. Otherwise you're selling an incomplete and non functioning product I think.

• Thumbs Up 5

It's basic but I think they did it to cut down the price of the thing or minimize the loss they sell it at. If they bundled a charger with it they couldn't price it competitively without losing money, and a lot of people have upgraded from systems that already use the same charger.

So while I think it should come with a charger and disregard Nintendo's pride, I can see why it doesn't.

Oh definitely. I totally understand the frustration - just merely pointing out the DSi/3DS charger to avoid having people go out and waste money.

<3 North America

It's like when I first bought a gamrcube with Super Mario Sunshine and didn't realize I needed a memory card.

That joyous day turned sad fast.

• Thumbs Up 6

It's basic but I think they did it to cut down the price of the thing or minimize the loss they sell it at. If they bundled a charger with it they couldn't price it competitively without losing money, and a lot of people have upgraded from systems that already use the same charger.

So while I think it should come with a charger and disregard Nintendo's pride, I can see why it doesn't.

The charger costs £7 as a separate peripheral, meaning that bundled with the rest of the system it would cost even less. Doesn't seem like a necessary cost-cutting measure.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's like when I first bought a gamrcube with Super Mario Sunshine and didn't realize I needed a memory card.

That joyous day turned sad fast.

I think they're still doing that with the PSVita.

-.-

• Thumbs Up 8

-.-

the difference here is that gamecube memory cards were actually affordable

• Thumbs Up 3

-.-

I never intended that to be a dig at the vita, only that buying a system without an accessory that it needs to function is a true pain and can ruin a launch for you.