Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

I will say that I was interesting in Sticker Star but my interest changed when I saw and read on the extreme reliance of stickers. A friend likes the game a lot and wanted me to try it out but I really wasn't even interested in trying it out.

Sticker Star needs DLC bad. It seemed like a rushed game where most of the fun and care happened to be sucked out of it in comparison to its predecessors.

In a way, yes. It was a completely different game till Miyamoto said "Nope fuck that" and sucked the Paper Mario out of Paper Mario

• Thumbs Up 1

In a way, yes. It was a completely different game till Miyamoto said "Nope fuck that" and sucked the Paper Mario out of Paper Mario

Wait, seriously?

Fucking hell, I love Miyamoto as much as the next guy, but why does he keep doing this? It was stupid with Star Fox Adventures and it's stupid now. For a company that's so defensive and paranoid over their franchises they sure do love to whore them out all the time.

What Miyamoto was really responsible for was mainly just telling the developers to reinvent the gameplay because he thought the gameplay was just a retread of The Thousand Year Door. Which isn't exactly a bad thing, mind you, it's just that said developers messed up in doing it. Not Miyamato's fault that they maybe screwed up in that department (haven't played the game myself, not for me to judge).

And apparently Nintendo relied a bit too heavily on club Nintendo surveys (well, it was some kind of online survey), and came to the conclusion that nobody wanted a story because of the results they were given.

Wait, seriously?

Fucking hell, I love Miyamoto as much as the next guy, but why does he keep doing this? It was stupid with Star Fox Adventures and it's stupid now. For a company that's so defensive and paranoid over their franchises they sure do love to whore them out all the time.

With regard to the story, we did a survey over the Super Paper Mario game in Club Nintendo, and not even 1 percent said the story was interesting. A lot of people said that the ‘Flip’ move for switching between the 3D and 2D dimensions was fun.

I originally saw it in a way that’s similar to Miyamoto-san. Personally I think all we need is to have an objective to win the boss battle at the end of the game.

I didn’t think we necessarily needed a lengthy story like in an RPG. Instead, we looked at the characteristics of a portable game that can be played little by little in small pieces and packed in lots of little episodes and ideas. I always did like putting in little ideas, so I actually enjoyed it.

Source

That trickled down from story to characters to gameplay. I think any idiot could see that Club Nintendo surveys are a terrible source of fan feedback. You get asked the same 20-odd generic personal profile questions each time, where you bought a game from and practically nothing about the game itself. I don't even answer them. I just paste in a message saying how crap the surveys are and that people won't answer them properly until they're totally revamped.

And...

What Miyamoto was really responsible for was mainly just telling the developers to reinvent the gameplay because he thought the gameplay was just a retread of The Thousand Year Door. Which isn't exactly a bad thing, mind you, it's just that said developers messed up in doing it. Not Miyamato's fault that they maybe screwed up in that department (haven't played the game myself, not for me to judge).

Nope. It was all Miyamoto.

Aside from wanting us to change the atmosphere a lot, there were two main things that Miyamoto-san said from the start of the project—"It's fine without a story, so do we really need one?" and "As much as possible, complete it with only characters from the Super Mario world.

Source

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Nintendo UK announces National StreetPass Day on Saturday 28th September

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/nintendo_uk_announces_national_streetpass_day

Anyone going to be attending?

This'd be cool but if it's anything like going to Summer of Sonic you get tired of the 10 pass limit before having to play very quickly.  =U

I think MAYBE it can store up to another 10 ready to "arrive" immediately after you've greeted the first 10, but that's the limit, since games don't support any more than 10 Miis at a time.

It's really a pity that it can't hold up to, say a hundred, and then give them to you in 10-Mii sets.  Of course some of the individual games allow as few as 3 streetpasses, which is really dumb.  On the other hand, I suspect for many people the 10-Pass limit is more a virtual than an actual limit;except when I went to Disney World, I'm lucky to get one StreetPass, and two is exceedingly rare.  (Went to pick up my shiny Palkias yesterday and got one.  Hoping they'll have a pink puzzle piece and not be, yet again, 'No new pieces!'.

What does this quote have to do with the gameplay?

Sorry, wasn't totally clear there. Miyamoto suggested the general idea of limiting the characters and story unlike regular RPGs and past instalments, which had the knock-on effect of Tanabe putting other limitations in place to focus the game in a certain direction. He shot down prototypes as either too similar to TTYD or being boring and then finally approved the final idea which would become Sticker Star. He said no to the things that people loved about Paper Mario (that's gameplay and otherwise) so got the team to create something that people didn't want or like in the end.

He was wrong to demand that the game was changed so much.

lololololol SammyClassicSonicFan xDDDDDDD

Can we please stop bringing him up? He looks like he's 12 years old, I'm sure most of you were dumb motherfuckers at his age too.

Poor Kid is going to be scarred by this shit.

• 2 weeks later...

Konami has released Milon's Secret Castle on the EU 3DS VC for £3.59. 

Also available:

FIFA 14: £39.99

Happy Circus: £2.69

Around the World with Hello Kitty & Friends: £29.99

Jewel Master Cradle of Egypt 2 3D: £17.99

Jewel Master Cradle of Rome 2: £17.99

Inazuma Eleven 3: Bomb Blast: £29.99

Inazuma Eleven 3: Lightning Bolt: £29.99

Konami has released Milon's Secret Castle on the EU 3DS VC for £3.59. 

Also available:

FIFA 14: £39.99

Happy Circus: £2.69

Around the World with Hello Kitty & Friends: £29.99

Jewel Master Cradle of Egypt 2 3D: £17.99

Jewel Master Cradle of Rome 2: £17.99

Inazuma Eleven 3: Bomb Blast: £29.99

Inazuma Eleven 3: Lightning Bolt: £29.99

Of all the games to release, why that piece of shit?

And apparently Nintendo relied a bit too heavily on club Nintendo surveys (well, it was some kind of online survey), and came to the conclusion that nobody wanted a story because of the results they were given.

And because of all that, Sticker Star was rated the WORST by fans and critics to be the worst Paper Mario game... how sad. I did not enjoy it really.... and I thought Super Paper Mario had issues of its own. (Mostly gameplay wise) for that game.

SO SEXY!!!! (I picked mine up today)

Still miffed that the gold one stayed in Japan only, but oh well. Ordered the blue'n and it's en route to me now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone else's 3DS randomly did this while casually playing? I mean this is a serious choking hazard if you have children.

IMG_20130929_013707.jpg

Edited by Scheming Minor

Nope. My original 3DS didn't do it, neither does my 3DS XL. I don't think the slide pad nub is generally supposed to come off easily like that.

Nope. My original 3DS didn't do it, neither does my 3DS XL. I don't think the slide pad nub is generally supposed to come off easily like that.

What year did you purchase your 3DS? This one is a 2010 model.