Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Yeah, that happened to my 3DS a few months ago. A really tiny drop of super glue on the slide pad followed by putting the rubber cap on very quickly before it dries will solve your problem. It's just some general wear and tear damage. The problem is that the piece falling off is so tiny and light there's every chance you won't notice it happening and it'll be lost for good. Until you go about fixing it, you should take it off and keep it safe somewhere.

Edited by Blue Blood

Can someone help with the Animal Crossing welcome thing?

I was going to give it to my sister for her birthday next week, but now I saw the console has to be connected to a Club Nintendo account to get the code, which she doesn't have.  So does anyone know if she can connect it to my account (Which has my 3DS and Animal Crossing) or does she need her own?

Problem with that would be the fact that you need to register a game get an account and we don't have any with unused codes right now and by the time we get the 3Ds next week it might be too late and expensive to get a another with it..

Edited by MarcelloF

What year did you purchase your 3DS? This one is a 2010 model.

You mean 2011? Mine is a launch day model. Sold it to my friend a few months back and he has had no issues. 3DS XL is a launch model too.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Has anyone else's 3DS randomly did this while casually playing? I mean this is a serious choking hazard if you have children.

Nope, and I bought it since launch. Then again I upgraded my 3DS to a XL and then to a Pokemon XL, so I haven't been playing with either systems for long I guess.

Has anyone else's 3DS randomly did this while casually playing? I mean this is a serious choking hazard if you have children.

My 3DS is a launch model too and that never happened.

IMG_20130929_013707.jpg

That's never happened to me but my A button started to crack slightly.... the button functions fine but it's kinda annoying. I wonder if I can send it to Nintendo.... anyone know the Manufacturer warranty on these things? I'm thinking  a year

That's never happened to me but my A button started to crack slightly.... the button functions fine but it's kinda annoying. I wonder if I can send it to Nintendo.... anyone know the Manufacturer warranty on these things? I'm thinking  a year

I think it is a year, but I'm sure you can look it up on their website if you need to confirm that of course. I figure it is a year ,since many devices out there have one year warranties on them. Yes there are some less and more, but I think one year is the most common. For a minor problem like that though, you would likely have to ask them if it is worth fixing.

Guys, Gamestop seems to be holding a sale on Wii & DS products. Preowned Wiis and DSs are $49.99, there is a Buy 2 get 1 free deal for preowned wii and DS games, and 30% off pre-owned accessories but there are some printing errors and 1 spelling error(GURANTEED) so I am unsure whether this is legit or not. Anyone wanna confirm?

I can buy a used Wii for only a fiver more than a used Gamecube already.

Used DSs cost more.

Edited by VEDJ-F

I think it is a year, but I'm sure you can look it up on their website if you need to confirm that of course. I figure it is a year ,since many devices out there have one year warranties on them. Yes there are some less and more, but I think one year is the most common. For a minor problem like that though, you would likely have to ask them if it is worth fixing.

it just irks me is all. I hate looking at it, even though it's barely visible XD I keep good care of my handhelds and gadgets and I keep everything in a case and such and BOOM.....crack. I guess atm it's not worth fixing

If it's cracked, they'll probably said you did it and charge you for it, though. I believe the only cracks they ever covered were cracked DS Lite hinges due to them being overtightened.

If anyone wants to see the trailer for the new Kirby title on 3DS, I captured it from Nintendo Direct XP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrypCF3uhzw&feature=c4-overview&list=UU2nlnRvrsYdxX00K_Sc7QdA  

• Thumbs Up 1

If it's cracked, they'll probably said you did it and charge you for it, though. I believe the only cracks they ever covered were cracked DS Lite hinges due to them being overtighten

It doesn't interfere with gameplay whatsoever but i dont like looking at it lol, one day I'll probably suck it up and pay for it if it's ever worth a repair.

• 2 weeks later...

Zelda 3DS XL has been announced for Europe, comes with a digital copy of ALBW:

10848361-1381753985-150669.jpg

image_62342_thumb_wide930.jpg

k09mF5K.png

j5aYWsU.jpg

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/3ds-hardware/nintendo-3ds-xl-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds-limited-edition/10848361.html

The back side is pretty clever for the game. I like it.

And the Luigi one from earlier this year:

screenshot_62340_thumb_wide930.jpg

screenshot_62339_thumb_wide930.jpg

screenshot_62341_thumb_wide930.jpg

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/3ds-hardware/nintendo-3ds-xl-luigi-special-edition/10848360.html

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697465

Edited by MarcelloF

I don't know. I find the Zelda one to be pretty bland. Not as terrible as the Luigi or that Eevee one from way back.

I really like the look of the Zelda and Luigi 3DS XLs... it's just a shame that I can't really warrant paying £100 or so for a redesign, assuming I trade in my original silver 3DS XL.

Boo.

And, PAL Zelda Boxart:

10848407-1381856135-828205.jpg

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/10848407.html

Why would you do this NOE? ;_; You always give use the better boxes, why stop now?

Edit: Waaait!!

As a final Zelda-themed update for fans, when the packaged version of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds releases in stores on 22nd November, the front cover will be reversible for fans to choose between displaying the nostalgic image of the cover in classic gold, or in full colour. So whether you are a veteran or a newcomer to The Legend of Zelda series, you can choose how to display your copy of this latest Link offering on your mantelpiece!

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2013/October/The-Legend-of-Zelda-A-Link-Between-Worlds-Limited-Edition-Luigi-Special-Edition-Nintendo-3DS-XL-consoles-coming-to-Europe-817994.html

Hooray!

Edited by MarcelloF

"Pushing the 3DS to it's limit."

Literally every time somebody says this for any given hardware it ends up being squandered on the same colour-washed bullshit we've all seen before... doesn't look like that's changing now, apparently. Maybe I just hate it because developers use buzzwords like this to hide the fact their actual art direction is crap. =\

Oh well, at least it runs at 60fps.

Edited by Blacklightning
  • Thumbs Up 5

you know, I honestly never knew the 2DS had one screen to cut cost.... no it makes sense to me that it isn't clam shell shaped aside from their "it's for kids/adults who don't play often, looks like a toy" excuse

lNvk1C3.jpg
Famed Hentai JRPG Toushin Toshin II from AliceSoft (If you know your hentai, you probably heard of them) is getting a remake on the 3DS.

No sex scenes, but it'll probably be full of a shitload of ecchi scenes and Three Dee Big americanJapanese Teetees.

tl;dr Nintendo is saved again

Edited by PSI Wind