Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Nintendo Pocket Football Club will launch at a special reduced rate in Europe

That's right folks, between 17th April and 1st May, you'll be able to pick up Nintendo's portable football simulation for just £10.79 as opposed to the standard price of £13.49.

I'm oddly intrigued by this title and I'm sure this launch promotion will help boost its sales a bit, especially as it'll coincide with the final few weeks of the English Premier League when all eyes will be on the footballing world.

Heh, Nintendo and SEGA having a Football simulator reminds me of the old days.

• Thumbs Up 2

A new trailer and a few reviews for Nintendo Pocket Football Club:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S90sOfrh9M

NintendoLife - 8/10

Nintendo Insider - 8/10

N-Europe - 8/10

Eurogamer - 7/10

God is a Geek - 7/10

I'll wait for some more reviews on this before I decide one way or the other about downloading it, but it sounds like a pretty decent title with its own charm even if it does fall short in some regards compared to other football managing games.

EDIT: And in even more exciting news... Kid Icarus Uprising is now available from the eShop in Europe!

BkyCAesIYAA260z.png

No doubt trying to cash in on all the Smash Bros and Sakurai hype from last night's Direct tongue.png

EDIT 2: Tomodachi Life confirmed for 3DS in Europe!

Here's its very own mini Nintendo Direct with all the details!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lQIoUK4SLI

Now here's a deal you can sink your teeth into if you haven't bought any of these stellar titles.

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Five great Nintendo 3DS games, including the top three best-selling Nintendo 3DS games of all time, are getting a new lower price. Together these five games have sold more than 9 million combined physical and digital units in the United States alone, and represent some of the most fun game experiences available today. The five games are must-haves for anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS system, and their new price represents an even better value for consumers.

Starting April 22, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D will be available in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and in retail stores at a suggested retail price of just $29.99 each.

In order, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros. 2 represent the top three best-selling Nintendo 3DS games of all time in the United States - each one has sold more than 2.15 million physical and digital units in the U.S. alone. All five of the newly discounted games star classic Nintendo characters and franchises, and their strong sales over time demonstrate the longevity of Nintendo's games. The games make great gifts, engaging entertainment for families and other spring break travelers, or just a way to introduce kids to the fun of video games.

For more information about these products, visit http://www.nintendo.com.

*Data regarding physical sales of games are from the NPD Group. Data regarding digital downloads of games and combined physical/digital life-to-date numbers are from Nintendo's internal sales figures. All numbers, unless otherwise stated, are specific to the United States only.

I smell a new wave of games coming then. They discounted dkcr on the wii just a few months before the 3ds remake came out.

Renegade Kid's Cult County Kickstarter has widened its focus: It's now to be developed for the 3DS as well as all other current consoles!  Since the 3DS is where a lot of Renegade Kid's background is, this strikes me as a wise choice and will hopefully bring it in a lot more funding; it certainly inspired me to make a pledge.

CULT COUNTY by Renegade Kid

BlWu6c5CcAA0NXV.jpg

Unfortunately... the numbers still make it look extremely unlikely that their Kickstarter will succeed.  But you know, if they don't succeed, you don't have to pay, so there's no harm in backing even if things don't work out.

So...I decide to (once again) save up for a 3DS...XL that is.

Due to how much I put into Pokemon X and I kinda still feel the sting of losing all of my good Pokemon in there (along w/ White, White 2 and SoulSilver) I'm not feeling getting that Pokemon X 3DS XL bundle. Frankly I don't have much faith in finding my original 3DS back at this rate, so I guess this is the time for me to upgrade. 

I'm going to contact Nintendo and see if they can transfer my old data into my new one; I have a copy of the police report that I filed and my original 3DS box (with the barcode number on it as well).

So...I decide to (once again) save up for a 3DS...XL that is.

Due to how much I put into Pokemon X and I kinda still feel the sting of losing all of my good Pokemon in there (along w/ White, White 2 and SoulSilver I'm not feeling getting that Pokemon X 3DS XL bundle. Frankly I don't have much faith in finding my original 3DS back at this rate, so I guess this is the time for me to upgrade. 

I'm going to contact Nintendo and see if they can transfer my old data into my new one; I have a copy of the police report that I filed and my original 3DS box (with the barcode number on it as well).

System transfers are built into the OS, just check the settings.

System transfers are built into the OS, just check the settings.

But I don't have my original 3DS anymore, and to do System Transfer don't you need both systems so...

Yeah, they can do it. It's both in the OS and in their computers. It'll just take more time and cooperation on the phone.

• Thumbs Up 1

In the scenario that I lose my 3DS, what will it take for me to contact Nintendo and get my game licenses back on a brand new 3DS I buy later? Always wondered how S.O.L. I would be if that were to happen and how easy or tedious it is to convince them that my console was indeed lost or stolen.

They seem more receptive to it, these days. You need the serial number of the old system or they can't do it, though.

Yeah, they can do it. It's both in the OS and in their computers. It'll just take more time and cooperation on the phone.

Well I'll go through that.

They can only transfer the game licenses, your save data is gone if you didn't back it up on a SD card.

Backup save data eh. Well I didn't do that (I think), but at this point that's the least of my worries honestly. 

In the scenario that I lose my 3DS, what will it take for me to contact Nintendo and get my game licenses back on a brand new 3DS I buy later? Always wondered how S.O.L. I would be if that were to happen and how easy or tedious it is to convince them that my console was indeed lost or stolen.

Same here; but in my case I do have a police report and my original 3DS box with the serial number.

They seem more receptive to it, these days. You need the serial number of the old system or they can't do it, though.

On the box, right? Then yup. 

Yeah, it's on the box. It helps if you had it registered before hand, but I doubt it will take much talking to get their help. 

Yeah, it's on the box. It helps if you had it registered before hand, but I doubt it will take much talking to get their help. 

Registered on Club Nintendo you mean? Well I don't have an account there, but my brother does.

Registered on Club Nintendo you mean? Well I don't have an account there, but my brother does.

...Oh

With Nintendo Network and Club Nintendo, Nintendo is able to look up accounts and move them. Not having a Club Nintendo may be a slight disadvantage but if you have a Nintendo Network account, you should be good.

...Oh

With Nintendo Network and Club Nintendo, Nintendo is able to look up accounts and move them. Not having a Club Nintendo may be a slight disadvantage but if you have a Nintendo Network account, you should be good.

Yes I have a Nintendo Network account (still hate the name I gave myself, didn't realize it until it was too late)

And what I meant to say (if it matters any) is that I have registered my old 3DS on his CN account.

If it's registered on his account, then you're good. Any game you would have downloaded on that 3DS would appear on his account's registry history, so they'd have a good reference.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gonna be getting me that Dream Team XL bundle tomorrow. With the advice given to me in this thread I'm hoping I can get my old information and data again.

Nintendo seems to be on a roll with DLC at the moment, having just announced a load of additional content for Nintendo Pocket Football Club (anyone else here picked it up? You really should, it's seriously addictive)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/04/nintendo_pocket_football_club_tournament_and_spotpass_distribution_schedules_released_add_on_content_detailed

There's a load of region-specific tournaments planned via Spotpass as well as the chance to face off against several national teams including England, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain and France (no doubt England will be the biggest pushovers)

And if that's not enough, once you reach certain milestones in the game (i.e. complete one/two/three seasons) you can purchase some special teams to play against to train up your squad and unlock some special combo moves for training. A lot of them seem quite plain and ordinary, mainly useful for training up specific team members like your goalkeeper, but then there's some curveballs like these guys...

9acpb5.jpg

That's right, you can play against a team of aliens who are so cock-sure they can whoop your Earth ass that they only have 5 players. Challenge accepted! These guys are almost as random as the Super Team in Mario Smash Football/Super Mario Strikers... :lol:

Anyway, you can read up on all the available teams on the official page here, also including a team of genetically engineered clones who copy one of your player's DNA. Lolwut.

Alrighty; finally have the Dream Team 3DS XL in my possession, now to contact Nintendo and try and get my old data back. Which of their support numbers would be beneficial in this case?

I'll ask this in the statuses; figure it'll be easier.

EDIT EDIT: Then again. leaving it here won't hurt either.

Edited by TCB

As one door closes, another opens.  Renegade Kid's Cult County Kickstarter failed, for a few reasons that I can think of, but I'm really pleased to see that upcoming Metroidvania RPG Heart Forth, Alicia now has Wii U and 3DS stretch goals!  I've been itching for a lot of Kickstarter games to come to the 3DS for a while, and they never do, but this one just might.  Better make sure to put my money where my mouth is, as it needs to rack up quite a bit more money yet for that - but by no means an impossible figure (half as much as has already been pledged again, in slightly less than half the remaining backing period).

5a9f5856bb840ed75896a9122c61a24b_large.j

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like Nintendo's holding 2 Developer Discussions at E3, one for Smash Bros with Sakurai on Tuesday and another for an unannounced 3DS game on Wed! What could it be?

Both of Nintendo's E3 discussions are set to be an hour and a half. Smash is 7:00 8:30 p.m. PT and the new 3DS game is 6:00 – 7:30 p.m

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820207

What you guys think it is?

It could be Majora's Mask 3D, but I don't think they'd spend 90 minutes on a remake, especially one that, at least going by OOT3D, will likely be very similar to the original.

A new Metroid would be cool. I could see Next Level Games working on a 3DS game and since NOA at least knows how much fans want a new one, I could see them doing a presentation for it. But it is still Metroid, which isn't really huge.

Maybe a NFC game. They could talk about it and the NFC adaptor for the 3DS.