Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Could be an NFC game I guess, although I figure it'd make more sense to launch the Wii U NFC game first and focus on that one because well.. Wii U needs life support n stuff.

I honestly don't know what to expect. For now I'm going to just go with the safe assumption that it's something Pokémon-related to avoid getting too excited, but I don't necessarily think it will be that. I honestly can't think of a potential handheld game that would warrant such a big Q&A, considering most of the 3DS' heavy hitters are out already..

It's gonna be interesting to see how this turns out.

Of coourse it could just be a Tomodachi Life Q&A, but would they really say "new 3DS game" about that?

Could be an NFC game I guess, although I figure it'd make more sense to launch the Wii U NFC game first and focus on that one because well.. Wii U needs life support n stuff.

I honestly don't know what to expect. For now I'm going to just go with the safe assumption that it's something Pokémon-related to avoid getting too excited, but I don't necessarily think it will be that. I honestly can't think of a potential handheld game that would warrant such a big Q&A, considering most of the 3DS' heavy hitters are out already..

It's gonna be interesting to see how this turns out.

Of coourse it could just be a Tomodachi Life Q&A, but would they really say "new 3DS game" about that?

The first quote says unannounced 3DS game, so that would mean it can't be Pokémon (or Tomodachi). They could be wrong of course.

The first quote says unannounced 3DS game, so that would mean it can't be Pokémon (or Tomodachi). They could be wrong of course.

Yeah basically, they could be wrong since both are technically "new", but they mentioned Smash Bros. by name which is why I think it's an unannounced game.

But.. I also don't wanna get my hopes too high.

Ahh the ol' E3 hope tempering game.

I could also be an unlocalized game like Dragon Quest VII or Yokai Watch.

Though, I'm sticking with Metroid 3DS. It seems likeliest to me. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But what's life without hope, eh?

• Thumbs Up 1

I could also be an unlocalized game like Dragon Quest VII or Yokai Watch.

Though, I'm sticking with Metroid 3DS. It seems likeliest to me. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But what's life without hope, eh?

I'd like to guess Metroid 3DS too, but.. I'm not sure a new Metroid title warrants a 90 minute Q&A over something like Zelda Wii U, does it?

If it's coming out sooner than Zelda, I think it does. Zelda U is likely coming out late next year, so they could have the Q&A for it next E3. Though, if it's anything like last year most games will get short developer directs.

They have plenty to talk about Metroid after Other M, I think. What they did wrong with it, what they've learned, how they've listened to fans, what they're doing new, why they chose the developer for the game, their relationship with said developer, how closely Nintendo employees are working with them etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know, that sounds unusually candid for Nintendo... or anyone, really.  Assuming that none of that hour and a half is spent on, I don't know, demo time or something, then it must be something really meaty, or more specifically, really varied.  I'd guess either a new IP, or a really radical new installment in an old one, and I can see that something NFC-related would give them a lot to say.

I don't know, that sounds unusually candid for Nintendo... or anyone, really.  Assuming that none of that hour and a half is spent on, I don't know, demo time or something, then it must be something really meaty, or more specifically, really varied.  I'd guess either a new IP, or a really radical new installment in an old one, and I can see that something NFC-related would give them a lot to say.

I don't think it's any more particularly candid than a typical Iwata Asks. And I'm sure there'll be plenty of gameplay shown.

I wish it could be Metroid related since we haven't had a solid Metroid handheld game for a very long time, but considering how much Nintendo hates Metroid right now after Other M it could just be Mario again. ;-;

Not NSMB though, they keep those as just one game per console/handheld. Maybe a sports spin off? I dunno I just want a new Metroid game in 3D which is better than Metroid Prime Hunters!

• Thumbs Up 4

.....what if it's Sonic Boom? Nah, doubt it.

Maybe it's Majora's Mask 3D?

.....what if it's Sonic Boom? Nah, doubt it.

Maybe it's Majora's Mask 3D?

Naw I think Sonic Boom would get a Wii U Q&A if anything.

As for MM3D, I don't think a basic remake needs a 90 minute presentation/Q&A either

• 2 weeks later...

The Mysterious Murasame Castle releasing May 29 on EU 3DS VC for the first time in the West

The Mysterious Murasame Castle (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49

Murasame Joh Castle was once peaceful; now it houses a mysterious force that threatens Japan. As brave samurai Takamaru, you must battle through four other castles overrun with evil before the final showdown at Murasame Joh. Will you uncover its shocking secret? Previously unavailable outside of Japan, this classic action game was originally released for the Famicom Disk System in 1986. It was also the inspiration for the Takamaru's Ninja Castle attraction in Nintendo Land for Wii U, 26 years after its release!

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/229058-this-week-s-european-downloads-may-29-mario-kart-8-muramase-castle-and-many-offers

Really cool. I wonder if they'll translate it? I'd assume no, but it would be nice.

With this and Takamaru having an attraction in Nintendoland, I wonder if Nintendo wants to bring him back. Maybe he'll be in Smash 4 or Platinum will make a new game. Going by descriptions of the game it was built on the Zelda engine, but was much faster paced. The story apparently

had aliens summoning ninjas to fight.

The game seems right up their alleyway.

Another thing from the same article that I noticed:

BLUE EXORCIST MANGA VOL. 3 (DAIPEN) - €4.49

What's this about? Is this UK only or something? I know Mangas were being released in Japan, but this is the first I've heard about them in the west..

Also, some deals:

3DS

• Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom) - €17.99/£14.99 (Ends June 8, normally €29.99/£24.99)
  • Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends June 8, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Super Street Fighter IV 3D (Capcom) - €11.99/£10.79 (Ends June 8, normally €19.99/£17.99)
  • Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (WB Games) - €9.99/£8.74 (Ends June 5, nomally €39.99/£34.99)
  • Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D (Zordix AB) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends June 19, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €6.99/£6.99 (Ends June 12, normally €19.99/£17.99)
  • Gardenscapes (Joindots) - €5.99/£5.99 (Ends June 12, normally €14.99/£14.99)
  • 3D MahJongg (Joindots) - €3.99/£3.29 (Ends June 12, normally €4.99/£4.49)
  • Secret Agent Files: Maimi (Joindots) - €6.99/£5.79 (Ends June 12, normally €7.99/£6.99)
  • SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition (Gamelion) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends June 19, normally €1.99/£1.79)
  • 10-in-1: Arcade Collection (Gamelion) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends June 19, normally €1.99/£1.79)
  • Rage of the Gladiator (Gamelion) - €3.49/£3.09 (Ends June 19, normally €6.99/£6.29)
  • PIX3D (Gamelion) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends June 19, normally €3.99/£3.59)
  • Angry Bunnies (Cypronia) - €4.85/£4.49 (End July 31, normally €6.49/£5.99)
  • Bubble Pop World (Cypronia) - €3.74/£3.35 (End July 31, normally €4.99/£4.49)
  • Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey (Cypronia) - €3.74/£3.35 (End July 31, normally €4.99/£4.49)

At that price, I might just pick up Blackgate with Murasame. I wanted to get it on Vita, but at that price... We'll see..

• Thumbs Up 1

Blackgate isn't worth more than $3. Wait for the steam version to get a huge price cut during one of the sales.

I have a copy of Star Force Dragon coming in soon, but I'm suspecting it's a bootleg since the label is off-center.

Will bootlegs brick my 3DS? If so, will Nintendo help?

Blackgate isn't worth more than $3. Wait for the steam version to get a huge price cut during one of the sales.

I have a copy of Star Force Dragon coming in soon, but I'm suspecting it's a bootleg since the label is off-center.

Yes, but probably only if you go online. Of course I think you'll be fine, because (as far as I know) the only way to get bootlegs is using a special sd card and getting the roms from websites. Last I checked though it's still in the early stages.

That's piracy, I'm not refering to that. I'm refering to fake carts that appear on ebay all the time.

That's not piracy, because in that circumstance, you are the victim.

I don't play games on my PC and I don't have a Steam account.

As for Star Force, I could be wrong, but since its a DS game, I don't think the 3DS would be able to tell. DSi game were supposed to be region locked, including Pokémon B&W, but I recall them working on the 3DS regardless of region.

Again I could be wrong, since I don't know much on the topic.

Well, I read on a different forum that someone who got a bootleg cart had it so their 3DS wouldn't boot the game.

idk, it'll be here in a bit, I guess I'll find out.

Maybe you should check on forums with more people knowledgeable in tech? I mean, before you can't use it anymore..

I have a DS lite, which can't be bricked.

I'll just check with that I guess.

EDIT: Never mind, it's Memorial day.

All reports I've seen online are that if you try playing a bootlegged game on your 3DS, it simply won't appear on the home menu. Nothing about bricking it.

Yeah, from what I know 3DS just doesn't recognize bootleg games anymore. The only instances of bricking have been people that bought some 3DS flash card, which incidentally bricked because the card had its own DRM built-in that bricked the console if 3rd party firmware was used. You read that right, a piracy company had the gall to put DRM in their piracy device.

tada

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/229616-nintendo-introduces-the-play-nintendo-tour-2014-for-3ds

Nintendo introduces the Play Nintendo Tour 2014 for 3DS

Jun 02, 2014 by RawmeatCowboy

The Play Nintendo Tour is bringing a giant videogame playground to locations all across the nation. From June 6 through September 1, the tour will visit 12 cities to give kids and kids-at-heart the chance to play the Nintendo 2DS along with the latest games from everyone’s favorite characters.

Fans of all ages will love the themed zones filled with iconic items like banana-shaped seats in the Donkey Kong area, a giant Pokéball in the Pokémon section and Yoshi egg chairs in the Yoshi’s Island zone. You’ll also get to meet Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong and Kirby.

Games scheduled for the tour include:

Kirby Triple Deluxe
Yoshi’s New Island
Pokémon X and Pokémon Y
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D Land
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Mario Kart 7

Plus, racers will be able to satisfy their need for speed in the Mario Kart racing area. Put your skills to the test in Mario Kart 7 in qualifying rounds. Win for a chance to advance and show off your moves on stage with a giant TV screen featuring the new, high-definition Mario Kart 8 for Wii U.

small.png

Hey guys, you know how XSeed recently announced that they'll be releasing the new Harvest Moon game, but it'll be called Story of Seasons due to licensing issues?

Well, Natsume has now confirmed their own new Harvest Moon game:

BpN9aEsCYAAGSeB.jpg

sanstitrej2d4o.png

https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/473860273564966912

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=829909

lol

• 2 weeks later...

So hey you guys, due to the 2DS sale at target, I decided to pick one up so I could play my DS games again, however since I got one I'll obviously buy a couple games too, but I thought I would ask for your guy's opinions and thoughts, may be a little bit before I actualy get them, but I have narrowed down a few I want to try and choose from:

Kirby Triple Deluxe,

Fire Emblem Awakening

Kid Icarus Uprising

LOZ link between Worlds

Star Fox 64 3ds

Rayman 3d(loved the original, for a decent price I'd consider)

Diddy kong racing ds(have the original, having it on the go is tempting

Was wondering which 2-3 of these would be the best to start with and which are the best, and if you guys have any other decent priced games that you would recommend

also was considering using 20$ on VC games, already know that I want Donkey Kong(GB), and Game and Watch Gallery 2, but I am open to suggestions