Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

PURPLE WONT BE AVAILABLE AT LAUNCH?

WHAT IS THIS SHIT, NINTENDO?

In Nintendo's defence, this is just retailers speculating - nothing has actually been confirmed... yet.

And I haven't even thought about what colour I'd want. Hmmm.

If all prototype colours shown so far are available at launch I'd like the orange or the purple one but I just know we're going to be limited to 1, 2 or 3 colours at launch like with every Nintendo console launch.

On amazon.de it just says that those are the colors that ar eknown at the moment and its not known if there are other colors.

I prefer black with this console.

The two-tone paint scheme isn't working for me.

Also, Price?

Lets see now.

PSP graphical power (if not better)

Gyroscope accelerometer

3D adjustable stereoscopic upper screen

3 cameras; 1 for the inside, and 2 stereoscopic 3D cameras in the front

Larger top screen

Both screens are higher resolution

That adds up to quite a bit.

I'm estimating £200 ($250-300) Considering that the DSi already costs £130, all these new feature have to add up to a huge figure.

I hope I'm wrong though.

I'm estimating £200 ($250-300) Considering that the DSi already costs £130, all these new feature have to add up to a huge figure.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Nintendo dropped the price of DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL on Friday. DSi XL has dropped £20, DSi has dropped £30 and DS Lite has dropped £10. DSi XL is now £139.99, DSi is now £119.99 and DS Lite is now £89.99. So I don't think the 3DS will be too expensive, I'm going to guess about £150 but no higher than £170.

In Nintendo's defence, this is just retailers speculating - nothing has actually been confirmed... yet.

Oh. Ok then, I don't really care now. But if Nintendo announces only red blue and black for launch, then I'll be pissed.

I'm not sure what I'd do in that case... get the blue one at launch (I like it a lot, just not as much as purple) or wait a while and get it in the most awesome color ever?

I was just wondering: What will happen with the 3D when you play a DS game? Can it be used to a certain degree with games not deveolope for it? I think not, but I do kind of think it may do something :-/

I miss the ridiculous transparent purple (whatever the official name was) of the GBC days. A 3DS in that colour would probably make my head explode into little gory giblets of pure joy.

...more reasonably, I'd really like one in green. It's my favourite colour, after all, and I don't think we've had a single green Nintendo system since... er, again, the GBC. Maybe the GBA; I don't recall. I'll take one in any of the available colours and be perfectly satisfied, but it's a pity there's nothing more interesting.

CVG's retail source says release by December -

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=252870

Shiiiit. Time to check Amazon.com US every day until they pop up. I am not going through the Wii scenario again.

As for pricing, it most likely will not exceed what Shadzter said. In the US it isn't expected to be horribly expensive either. This is Nintendo we're talking about. Not Sony.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

M'kay, so I've thought about what colour I like best and have so far concluded that I have the metaphorical hots for the blue and black design:

thumb_0622_nintendothre_full_600.jpg

Sexy.

But yeah, I'd have to see what colours are available for the EU launch and choose from them.

GoNintendo seems to think some release info is on the way in the not too distant future (according to some Iwata interview or something), so stay tuned folks.

Nintendo did announce the final DS design and release dates only a month or two after E3, so I could see them doing it with 3DS.

Stop! Reggie time!

Reggie: Well, first, one of the things that I love about Nintendo is we constantly are reviewing our performance. I completely agree with you that the online… or let me state it more broadly, the digital area is an area where we can improve, and we’ve made a commitment to dramatically improve in that area. Now, what that looks like I can just about guarantee is unlike anything that our competitors have done to date. The reason for that is it wouldn’t be innovative, it wouldn’t be distinctive, and therefore, it wouldn’t be Nintendo. Our approach will be to enable the consumer to discover our digital content much more easily. Our focus will be to have a range of digital content that is compelling for the consumer. Our approach will be a digital business model where every participant is financially moving in a positive direction, and our approach will be to make the consumer say “wow” in the end. That’s what we’re trying to do.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=127805

So Nintendo are reviewing their online services... but it's going to be something unique that the competitors haven't done? Hmm. I'd be perfectly happy with the Nintendo equivalent of gamertags and stuff - as long as this isn't just souped-up friend codes then we may well be onto something interesting here.

I clicke don the full intrview thing and I noticed that Reggie starts alot his answers with "Yow know" xD

Only Red, Blue, and Black at launch? Hm, that sucks for some, but I'm in LURV with the red one, so, lucky me. :D

I hope Reggie's right about this online being good enough to make me say wow. I'll need to ready my body!

Of course it's something competitors haven't done and they've got it done quite well, so I wonder what they're up to. Those crazy Japanese.

When it comes to online, you have to remember that the initial WiFi announcements for the Wii were full of BS and empty promises.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

SEGA says 3DS can attract mature audiences -

Sega boss Mike Hayes is excited by the prospect of Nintendo drawing a more mature audience with the 3DS.

The publisher's president has said that the 3DS represented a great leg up for third parties in in the handheld market and looks forward to 'grown-up games'.

"It was interesting to see games like Saint's Row on the device," Hayes told Games Industry Biz.

"If we could bring, let's say, a House of the Dead or an Aliens title, if the audience for 3DS is much broader it could give us much more scope in that market, and that's as exciting as well as Mario & Sonic and Monkey Ball games."

"With the quality of the device they've got it's possible they can expand their audience into an older, broader audience," he said.

Hayes went on to say that Nintendo is almost in a league of it's own with the new tech that he can't see anyone else being able to replicate.

"The 3DS is Nintendo through and through, this is Nintendo's brilliance," he said.

"They're almost in their own technological world, doing their own thing.

"Whilst 3D TV is quite an amazing technology advancement, and many companies will get into that, Nintendo will now create this huge business with their own unique piece of technology that very few if any, will be able to copy."

"That's Nintendo over and over again, it's fantastic. For us as a third-party it's a great leg up in terms of the portable business."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=253145

We also, may not.

Until we move to a different type of an approach like an account based approach you're not going to be able to transfer the content

I'll be interested to see if Nintendo follow through on their online promises this time.

Though I also think they will have learned from Wii. Though I will be honest, though few games utilized it I thought online on the DS worked just fine and 5 years means they can do better.

Also is it me or is SEGA always really excited to do mature titles on Nintendo consoles? Well anyways yes the 3DS likely will have a broader mature audience partly based on some of the launch titles alone. Some of the bigger "mature" series getting lots of interest from their developers to make titles for the system will attract a bigger crowd since in announced titles alone there is a broad range of famous IPs that cover lots of the biggest franchises in the last 10 years. The tech has gotten great reception from those who have tried it along with getting a lot of support from developers and is quite interesting (and well placed and used in my own opinion which others seen to share), so yes it is likely the 3DS third party support will grow since companies will see the interest in the system from all different types of audiences and work on titles for it too.

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

My only real belief that the online will be much improved is that the 3DS marks the start of a new generation of consoles for Nintendo - whatever they implement here will likely be what they implement into their next home console too. So they're probably wanting to make it as good as they can, seeing as there's been so many complaints about the current system.

Only Red, Blue, and Black at launch? Hm, that sucks for some, but I'm in LURV with the red one, so, lucky me. :D

Red and Black were my second choices, I'll admit I liked the purple one, but the black one matches with my house so um.....Yeah Either red or black for me

We also, may not.

I'll be interested to see if Nintendo follow through on their online promises this time.

Your Reggie quote lacks quoteness !

Until we move to a different type of an approach like an account based approach you're not going to be able to transfer the content

And I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo never came up with a way to transfer content.