Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Of those games, Fire Emblem would definitely last you the longest and provide the most content, although I haven't played it myself. I can vouch for Triple Deluxe, Uprising, and ALBW all being excellent games.

Of those games, Fire Emblem would definitely last you the longest and provide the most content, although I haven't played it myself. I can vouch for Triple Deluxe, Uprising, and ALBW all being excellent games.

thanks for vouching, though I still need to figure out which ones pair the best XD 

Did you get the Pokemon X bundle? It was only $99.

no, what bundle, the didn't have it at my target

not too great a loss I guess, I don't play pokemon, I don't think they stock it anymore, its no longer on the website and I didn't see any

Im going to have to vouch for a Link Between Worlds, its a really good game, definitely worth picking up, it does shake up the zelda formula a bit and gave me a good month playing it (and now another doing hero mode).

Triple Deluxe looks awesome, havent played it but watched a couple of playthroughs, classic kirby platforming and some of the puzzles are really tricky.

Uprising is one of those games that you just have to own, i unfortunately do not own it but its high on my list. Seems to have an excellent story and great gameplay.

Starfox 64 is also a solid remake and i love it to pieces, its great having it on the go as it is realy easy to pick up and play for a couple of minutes.

Id probably go with Link Between Worlds, Kirby and EITHER Uprising or 64, that way you have a bit of everything, action adventure, platforming, and a shooty type game

Awakening does look interesting and if you are into strategy like that and it also should last you a while.

All of those games are fantastic.

However, Uprising is one of the best games on the 3DS, and my personal favorite. Absolutely incredible.

Get that one.

well, its going to depend on how much money I can get before my Wyoming trip, but I think I may go for Uprising, Kirby, and Awakening, though I would also wanna try and get SF64  (though if I get really lucky I'll find a buy 2 get one free, and get Kirby Awakening and LOZ)

Say any VC suggestions? I already plan to get Donkey Kong(GB), and Game and Watch collection2, but was thinking of getting a 20-30$ card, and I'm up to some suggestions on variety, and I do enjoy the classics

oh and I do still have my DS collection too :P got MKDS, SM64DS, SFC, SRA, star trek and Civilization, SPP, Mario party ds, and a couple others

Anybody else have some current or still easy to find new games(or decent used discount) they would recommend?

well, its going to depend on how much money I can get before my Wyoming trip, but I think I may go for Uprising, Kirby, and Awakening, though I would also wanna try and get SF64  (though if I get really lucky I'll find a buy 2 get one free, and get Kirby Awakening and LOZ)

Say any VC suggestions? I already plan to get Donkey Kong(GB), and Game and Watch collection2, but was thinking of getting a 20-30$ card, and I'm up to some suggestions on variety, and I do enjoy the classics

oh and I do still have my DS collection too tongue.png got MKDS, SM64DS, SFC, SRA, star trek and Civilization, SPP, Mario party ds, and a couple others

Anybody else have some current or still easy to find new games(or decent used discount) they would recommend?

Get dillons rolling western if you can along with mighty switch force and mighty switch force 2, those are pretty good.

Eshop games by the way.

Get the Game Boy Zelda games. They're among the best of the series.

Wario Land 3 is also great.

Say, I want to check with you guys, but after a quick look, it seem like the best option price wise will be to get Kid Icarus uprising through the e-shop, would you guys agree? may have to consider that option for OoT3D when I consider it as well cause they go premium physicaly

You could do, the only thing with that is that you wont get the stand with the e-shop version. Thats like the only reason im holding out on Uprising, I want the stand even if i dont play using it! xD

great, now I'm feeling a little bit remorse, because I really wanted a 3DS XL, but I talked myself out of it because it would have taken all my Smash bros funds, and I don't need the 3D, but on the other hand, now the 2DS feels a little awkward for my hands, and I kinda wish I had a cool looking 3ds XL SE, with a game, and I could have gotten that DK case that would have looked cool next to my old Yoshi DS lite one

now don't get me wrong, I balanced out why I was getting one over the other before I go the 2DS, and on the one hand now I can wait to save up some money to get some games, and my SSB4 fund is still intact, but on the other hand I'm feeling a little bummed out cause I kinda preferred the look and feel of the other... I don't know for sure

great, now I'm feeling a little bit remorse, because I really wanted a 3DS XL, but I talked myself out of it because it would have taken all my Smash bros funds, and I don't need the 3D, but on the other hand, now the 2DS feels a little awkward for my hands, and I kinda wish I had a cool looking 3ds XL SE, with a game, and I could have gotten that DK case that would have looked cool next to my old Yoshi DS lite one

now don't get me wrong, I balanced out why I was getting one over the other before I go the 2DS, and on the one hand now I can wait to save up some money to get some games, and my SSB4 fund is still intact, but on the other hand I'm feeling a little bummed out cause I kinda preferred the look and feel of the other... I don't know for sure

Yeah, honestly it probably would've been a good idea to just get a normal 3DS used (if you don't mind not getting one brand spanking new) since besides the lower battery life (and obviously smaller screen) its mostly the same. Plus you can carry it around a bit easier than the XL.

Yeah, honestly it probably would've been a good idea to just get a normal 3DS used (if you don't mind not getting one brand spanking new) since besides the lower battery life (and obviously smaller screen) its mostly the same. Plus you can carry it around a bit easier than the XL.

No, I got a 2DS, its a XL I wish I had gone for, I have good sized mits, but the 2DS's shape is kinda odd

fact is I proably would have enough for smash this fall, I just like being prepared, and kinda let it get the better of me

No, I got a 2DS, its a XL I wish I had gone for, I have good sized mits, but the 2DS's shape is kinda odd

fact is I proably would have enough for smash this fall, I just like being prepared, and kinda let it get the better of me

Yeah I know, it was just a suggestion on my part.

Stick with it mate. I find the 2DS is better for certain games, and the 3DS is better for others.

Anything that doesn't make a great deal of use of the shoulder buttons is better on 2DS, due to the flatter shape. On a personal note, playing Mario Kart 7 on a 3DS gives me hand cramp, but on the 2DS, it's fine.

Swings and roundabouts, really.

Stick with it mate. I find the 2DS is better for certain games, and the 3DS is better for others.

Anything that doesn't make a great deal of use of the shoulder buttons is better on 2DS, due to the flatter shape. On a personal note, playing Mario Kart 7 on a 3DS gives me hand cramp, but on the 2DS, it's fine.

Swings and roundabouts, really.

eh, well you got a point, the shoulder buttons are the main thing, though it doesn't fit in the center of my hand as well as a 3DSXL 

I mean, ok a XL does have some nice points I prefer, but I'm better off saving my money for actual games since I can deal with the 2DS, although I do need a case, and I miss flipping it to protect it, I don't take my handhelds everywhere like I used to, and in a case I can always put it in my bag or vest pocket

honestly, I think I may have been blowing things up in my head again, when I have already made the argument why, and decided to get the 2DS due to convience, but if I ever win a $300-400 competition then I'll pick up a XL, or near the end of its life when its cheap

so yeah, I'm better off saving and sticking with it I guess

now I just have to earn some money this summer to get some games and VC games XD

1478987_740048202673230_512877195_n.jpg

The 3DS XL Special Editions are amazing. I dislike the Pokemon though because it has a glossy finish. I also like the conservative art design of the Zelda one. BUT you're right about the price. My Zelda one cost me $200. That's about double what you paid.

You can get a refurbished 3DS/3DS XL for $95/$135 from Nintendo though.

Say, so I've been thinking about some VC games to pick up, and you guys mentioned the LOZ Gameboy ones, but which ones specificly would you guys recommend starting with? was also thinking Donkey Kong(GB), Game and Watch gallery 2, one of the wario lands, maybe Mario Land 2(cause childhood memories) and perhaps one of the 2 shantae games, but I'm open to other VC suggestions as well, planning to set aside $20-30 for em cause they aren't too expensive and getting a couple of them will last me a good while

oh and tail's adventures cause why not

Well Links awakening is a favourite of mine, as is Wario Land 2 so I'd suggest those :P

I've heard Shatae Riskys revenge is good too (I think that's the right one)

Also on he Zelda front the oracles games are good. Also worth seeing if Four Swords anniversary edition is still free

Honestly, I might get a lot of flak for this but I'd say don't get links awakening, its pretty darn boring and if I hadn't gotten it for free I probably would've been mad if I had bought it. Just a little heads up.

Not really sure about any of the other ones since I haven't played them yet but i'm kind of skeptical about them.

If you only want a single Zelda get LA, since the other two are best when connected, even though they're perfectly playable on their own. I personally prefer the Oracle games and they're my two favorite Zelda games. A lot of people like LA more.

Get all three, though, they're all great games. Timeline-wise, if that matters to you, it goes Seasons>Ages>Link's Awakening, though it doesn't really matter for the stories.

Of the three Wario Land games, I'd go with 3. It's a bit Metroidish in the sense that you have to go back to areas (Selected on a World Map) once you collect a new powers or get an item to reach new areas. It's a fantastic game.

If you like Breakout, Kirby's Block Ball is really fun, too.

Another GB game I always loved as a kid was Qix.

say, does anybody know of any stores that have done buy 2 get 1 free deals on 3DS games before and is likely to do it again? like walmart or toysrus perhaps?

I figure that's the easiest way for me to get Kirby Triple Deluxe, LOZALLBW, and FEA at the same time, of course I will have to get kid Icarus Uprising through another place online if I want to get it new since its sadly out of print :(

Sorry to double post, but I got a question

I want to link my 2DS to my club nintendo/nintendo network account, but I don't want to register it for coins till the next period in a couple days because I already have platinum, but I'll be on the road and away from internet soon

so is it possible to link it without registering it?

also, want a second opinion on the base games I am getting, planning to get Kirby triple deluxe and Fire Emblem awakening for sure, and then in regards to VC, I am thinking DK(GB), Wario Land 3, Tail's adventure, LOZ Oracles, Shantae(most likely one), and perhaps game and watch collection2

Some Ubisoft games are 75% off on the eShop - including Rayman Origins.