Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

The Layton series and Fantasy Life series going exclusively to mobile is complete bullshit.

To be fair, it's not really Layton, just like their previous Layton Brothers mobile game had nothing to do with Layton.  They're just slapping the name on it to artificially generate interest when really it's a new IP.  ...I don't know why I say "to be fair" when it's still a symptom of the company going to the dogs, though.

According to this video's description, Xenoblade Chronicles themes should be out on 3DS theme shops. I haven't checked my 3DS yet since I'm at school but can anyone confirm this?

The Xeno themes are already available in Europe as soon the game was available, 2 are available: "Mekonis " is on the Theme shop for everybody while the second "Monado" is only available as a free bonus for whose who buy Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on the Eshop. So if the game is out in Canada, the themes should be.

I just finished the main game of the recent HAL Laboratory 3DS eShop title, Box Boy.  I don't know what I was expecting from the ending, but I certainly wasn't expecting to be touched.  It's packed with content, too; it's a quality little puzzle title.  Even the very flash-game-y aesthetics are milked for all they're worth.

Well, this is gonna be interesting, because even though I factored in Wii U support for my project, I didn't really think 3DS support would be a thing, but hey, turns out I'm wrong.

Unfortunately, since the gameplay is also heavily modelled after Kid Icarus Uprising with added functions such as jumping, parkour and a secondary item, well, let's just say the game wasn't designed with the C-stick in mind, and adapting the new functions to touch aiming is gonna be an enormous pain. Granted, I find being forced to the limitations of anything other than keyboard and mouse is a pain in general, really.

And then there's the graphical and CPU limits... Oh, boy.

3D Streets of Rage 2, 3D Gunstar Heroes, 3D Sonic 2 coming in the Summer

Three more titles are incoming to the second batch of the SEGA 3D Classics exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS. Featuring some of the most iconic games from SEGA’s Genesis console, The SEGA 3D Classics Series will let fans relive SEGA’s legendary console era and take them on a 3D ride through gaming’s golden age with 3D Streets of Rage 2 in July, 3D Gunstar Heroes in August, and 3D Sonic The Hedgehog 2 in September 2015. These games will follow the releases of 3D Fantasy Zone II (April 16, 2015) and 3D Thunder Blade (May 14, 2015).

Just like the previously released arcade classics, each game in the series delivers a full-fledged re-mastered vintage experience, stunning 3D visuals and optimized for the platform. All games in the series will include brand new modes and features, letting you play the game how you remember it but also in an entirely new way.

All games will be priced at MSRP $5.99/€4.99/£4.49 and will be available for download in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll probably only pick up Sonic 2 if they give Tails the ability to fly. It's gonna be inferior to the mobile versions either way; 3D Gunstar Heroes is what really sells this line-up for me

I'm on the Gunstar Heroes train. Seen gameplay, liked what I saw. Freedom Planet is said to pay homage to the style it incorporates, so that got me even more excited.

3D Ristar believe

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I'm hopping on the Gunstar Heroes train too, I always wanted to play the game and I'm so happy they're finally re-releasing it. Streets of Rage II is nice as well.

...and the world's ten millionth Sonic 2 port. Whoopee?

• 3 weeks later...

New Nintendo 3DS bundles are coming to Europe on 26th June:

CET7Q2JUIAArZg7.png

If you haven't got a New 3DS yet or just missed out on getting any of those face plates (especially those Monado ones!), then this might well be up your street. They all come with a related 3DS menu theme, too.

New Nintendo 3DS bundles are coming to Europe on 26th June:

CET7Q2JUIAArZg7.png

If you haven't got a New 3DS yet or just missed out on getting any of those face plates (especially those Monado ones!), then this might well be up your street. They all come with a related 3DS menu theme, too.

If Nintendo would really want to roll in the dough, they would bundle a Shulk amiibo with the Xenoblade bundle.

...If they can actually manufacture it in the first place.

I really wish those would come to the US.  I do NOT like the size of the XL.  I got one, I'm playing with it, and it IS TOO BIG.  I want the one that's nearer the size of the 3DS I can play on comfortably and put in my pocket.  'Sides, I want the face plates!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not sure they've actually been releasing many cover plates in the EU since the initial batch.

tumblr_nmr6fg8sVk1sgbu3ro1_540.jpg

tumblr_nmr6fg8sVk1sgbu3ro2_540.jpg

PSA: 3DS Mii Maker can’t detect trash

Aww, I was gonna use Sayaka for that.

Anyway, I dunno if anyone got it, of it's still even available but there was a free Monster Hunter theme for the 3DS to celebrate 1 million units sold.

I have it myself because, free.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/05/05/monster-hunter-4-ultimate-gets-a-free-theme-for-the-3ds/

They're also releasing a new Pullblox (Pushmo) game in Japan.  It's officially "free-to-play," but it's more of a Steel Diver thing; you get one world for free, the rest are all paid-for, there's a discount price for buying the lot at once.

I for one really enjoy/fear the Pullblox series, so this is pretty good/terrible news for me.  Based on past performance, we'll probably be getting it in the west in a month or two.

Edit: Or it could be out today!  European eShop only for now.  Its name: "Fullblox."  The bundle for all paid-for worlds was about £8.99, I think, so that's the minimum you have to pay for all content.

Best buy is having a buy one get one half off on 3DS games http://gonintendo.com/stories/233890-best-buy-buy-one-get-one-50-off-sale-for-3ds-titlesmay give in myself... been considering luigi's mansion dark moon even though I have a backlog to work on, ooo and there is one in grand island and I have a 5$ off in store coupon... choices