Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Wow nice! Picked up Code Name Steam for $32 and got Xenoblade for $12 after Gamers Club + Sale discounts.

Wow nice! Picked up Code Name Steam for $32 and got Xenoblade for $12 after Gamers Club + Sale discounts.

• 1 month later...

DId you even read the article? :v

It's the New3DS smaller design that was released in Japan a while back that the western market never got.

I think he's talking about the regular N3DS that the US never got instead of a new model 

I know what this thread needs!

News of another possible 3DS re-design!

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-america-boss-teases-release-of-smaller-new-3ds-1713073614

Right!? ... ... *runs away*

Stay put, matey. That's just the regular New 3DS model that we Westerners got jipped from, for some reason. I hope that this actually comes with a charger...

Let no-one stand in the way of a good niche-site-about-blue-hedgehogs journalist and good journalism, though. Even citing Gawker!

Let no-one stand in the way of a good niche-site-about-blue-hedgehogs journalist and good journalism, though. Even citing Gawker!

Oh for gods sake. 

I am not a fucking journalist, I'm a fan who updates a fansite. I am not paid to look into great detail into the news, especially stuff that I have little to no interest in, I do this as a hobby, you want these pathetic sly remarks/jokes to have some kind of lolz merit or generate some kind of laugh, pay me to actually look into this and post stuff as a job then I might actually look like some kind of fool when I walk in here under the banner of 'professional jurno' when/if I do post stuff which is wrong or inaccurate, instead of what this actually is in this case which is a misinformed fan who posted something which had all the signs of new information.

If there is an article there about a system which says 'new *insert name of system here* and people are commenting on it being a 'new system' gee it's not that much an unreasonable mistake to make now is it?

• Thumbs Up 9

Comments like that really aren't going to help the atmosphere here. There are jokes and then there are uncalled for jabs.

The latter will earn you a strike if you keep it up.

Oh for gods sake. 

I am not a fucking journalist, I'm a fan who updates a fansite. I am not paid to look into great detail into the news, especially stuff that I have little to no interest in, I do this as a hobby, you want these pathetic sly remarks/jokes to have some kind of lolz merit or generate some kind of laugh, pay me to actually look into this and post stuff as a job then I might actually look like some kind of fool when I walk in here under the banner of 'professional jurno' when/if I do post stuff which is wrong or inaccurate, instead of what this actually is in this case which is a misinformed fan who posted something which had all the signs of new information.

If there is an article there about a system which says 'new *insert name of system here* and people are commenting on it being a 'new system' gee it's not that much an unreasonable mistake to make now is it?

If a comment upsets you, report it and let moderators sort it out rather than respond to it like this. A feedback loop of negativity is not what's desired here.

• Thumbs Up 4

Correction, what the Americas missed out on. Europe and Australia got the smaller New 3DS, and the amazing faceplates as well.

Correction, what the Americas missed out on. Europe and Australia got the smaller New 3DS, and the amazing faceplates as well.

Some faceplates, anyway.  Last I looked they hadn't yet released the ones I was really interested in.

You guys I think it really wasn't that necessary to grill Hogfather for being mis informed. But alas I will let that die. Since you guys missed or having talked about the fact that Nintendo may be planning digital download only games that only work on the New 3DS. I am curious to see if these games include first party outings .

Thank god if this is true, I despise the XL's but I wanted the New 3DS for the improved specs so it was pretty saddening when they only brought that one over but hopefully they're wising up and finally giving us the normal one too.

I can't say I really care myself (I can't stand how small the regular 3DS is), but it's good to see that people will have options. After all, not everyone has massive banana hands like me.

Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden is coming to Europe October 16, NA October 20

CIK1aZZWcAAW3HK.png

DRAGON BALL Z EXTREME BUTODEN to be released in Europe, Middle-East, and Australasia

Goku and His Friends Are Back!

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe is proud to announce that DRAGON BALL Z EXTREME BUTODEN will be available in Europe, Middle-East and Australasia starting October 16th!

Developed by the famed Arc System Works teams, DRAGON BALL Z EXTREME BUTODEN contains tons amazing features bound to energetic and visually attractive fighting-games! With 20 playable characters and more than 100 support characters, fans will be more than happy to look for their favourite team composition and duke it out!

“Following the success of DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE, we wanted to keep on bringing awesomeness to our fans and make them as happy as ever. BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe is listening to fans and will keep on surprising them over the next few years! In the meantime, everybody will enjoy a high quality fighting-game based on one of the most emblematic Anime & Manga ever created!” said Herve Hoerdt, Vice President of Marketing & Digital at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe

DRAGON BALL Z EXTREME BUTODEN will be available in Europe, Middle-East, Africa and Australasia on October 16th only for Nintendo 3DS™ and new Nintendo 3DS™ systems!

You guys I think it really wasn't that necessary to grill Hogfather for being mis informed. But alas I will let that die. Since you guys missed or having talked about the fact that Nintendo may be planning digital download only games that only work on the New 3DS. I am curious to see if these games include first party outings .

He could just be talking about The Binding Of Isaac Rebirth, which will be N3DS-only.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's something very fucking interesting.

So, Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden is getting a console bundle in EU that includes a New 3DS, DBZ: EB coverplates, the game and.. a Digital SNES game.

CI5Y8uhWsAA4oRe.png

Now, I couldn't possibly imagine why Namco would make a whole new version of Super Butoden 2 that would be considered eShop-original software if it's just gonna be the JP version anyway without a translation and it's a bonus exclusive to the console bundle or something, so with all that considered, Namco might of just confirmed that the SNES VC is coming to at least the New 3DS.

Or i might be a dumbo, i dunno

EDIT: Although at the same time, Super Butoden 2 was included on that J Legend Retsuden compilation pack they released in JP a while back on the 3DS, so it could just be a separate version of that.. But if they're gonna go to all that trouble to take out a portion of it and make that a standalone version, why wouldn't they just port over the entire J Legend Retsuden pack? Hmm.

Here's something very fucking interesting.

So, Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden is getting a console bundle in EU that includes a New 3DS, DBZ: EB coverplates, the game and.. a Digital SNES game.

CI5Y8uhWsAA4oRe.png

Now, I couldn't possibly imagine why Namco would make a whole new version of Super Butoden 2 that would be considered eShop-original software if it's just gonna be the JP version anyway without a translation and it's a bonus exclusive to the console bundle or something, so with all that considered, Namco might of just confirmed that the SNES VC is coming to at least the New 3DS.

Or i might be a dumbo, i dunno

EDIT: Although at the same time, Super Butoden 2 was included on that J Legend Retsuden compilation pack they released in JP a while back on the 3DS, so it could just be a separate version of that.. But if they're gonna go to all that trouble to take out a portion of it and make that a standalone version, why wouldn't they just port over the entire J Legend Retsuden pack? Hmm.

Eh, it say Digital game not VC, which means it is most likely a port which we know is possible. We know the 3DS can run SNES games, problem is that it can't play EMULATED SNES games which require a loooottt more power

• 1 month later...

Maybe I'll have time to replay Golden Sun: Dark Dawn after all. *looks at Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on game pile* Oh.

Maybe I'll have time to replay Golden Sun: Dark Dawn after all. *looks at Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on game pile* Oh.

Yeah, I need to finish the first game as well on my wii-u XD

I'm not surprised about SNES and GBA VC potentially coming to the new 3DS. I think the problem with GBA and SNES is that they can't get it working easily without an emulator, and the emulator doesn't work on the regular 3DS and still have everything running smoothly. GBA games were added to the 3DS early on but they probably specially designed those to work on the 3DS architecture.

But can anyone explain why the 3DS doesn't have a DS Virtual Console, though?  I'm sure there are DS titles I missed, and a lot more I'd be happy to double-dip on to support the concept behind them.

Also, while I kind of belittled this year's 3DS lineup just up there, then there are some really exciting things coming later this year in terms of eShop-original 3DS games.  ...Though European localisation being what it is, some of those could well be 2016 titles for me.