Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Reggie may have been mistaken about the 2011 date he gave on Jimmy Fallon

On Friday, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime appeared on talk show Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. He said that the upcoming 3D-glasses-free handheld the Nintendo 3DS will be released "next year". He, apparently, is "mistaken".

Says who? According to sources close to company's Japanese headquarters, the Nintendo of America exec made an error when he stated that the Nintendo 3DS would be out next year. Good thing he didn't do that on nation-wide television!

Oh wait.

Nintendo Co., Ltd. (Nintendo of Japan), however, would still not affirm to our sources that the Nintendo 3DS would be released in North America by this holiday season or not. What's more, the company reiterated that it intends to release the upcoming portable sometime during this financial year as mentioned in the initial press release this past March. This financial year ends in March 2011.

From what Nintendo Co., Ltd. is saying, it sounds like 3 months has been shaved off the release window for the Nintendo 3DS. When the product was originally revealed, Nintendo stated it would be out this fiscal year in Japan. As previously mentioned, that ends in March 2011. However, if Nintendo of America says that the Nintendo 3DS will be out "next year" (2011) in North America, and Nintendo says that what was stated is a "mistake", that could very well cut January, February, and March out of the picture.

Then again, Nintendo Co., Ltd. could be the one making a mistake. Perhaps, Fils-Aime discussing North America? In the past, Nintendo has given separate launch dates for hardware, so the company might do the same for this.

But if it is a worldwide launch, wouldn't it mean that the Nintendo 3DS could hit store shelves this holiday season?

While this sounds a lot like the right hand not talking to the left hand, Kotaku is following up.

http://kotaku.com/5574144/nintendo-exec-mistaken-about-nintendo-3ds-release-date

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=253644

• Thumbs Up 1

Reggie may have been mistaken about the 2011 date he gave on Jimmy Fallon

Nintendo's officially playing with us now...

I hope this is true and not just Nintendo trying to cover Reggie slip up. That would suck.

giantreggieface.jpg

^

^

^

Does that look like the face of a person who is inclined to make mistakes on a television show? I do believe that it'll be out by this holiday season.

• Thumbs Up 1

Better graphics + better gameplay/engine + 3D + portable + 64 games = so much sex.

Forgive me, but short of 3D that is pretty much the entire life of the PSP. Which is something that people never stopped bitching about in relation to that system. You hear 6 years of "Sony totally fucked up by making a handheld designed for console-style games" and it kind of makes you wonder why people are using OoT 3D as a masturbatory aid. So, again, why are people falling over themselves to congratulate Nintendo about this specific thing?

Yeah, I imagine the vibration would completely ruin all accelerometer usage

Doesn't seem to cause problems in the PS3 or Wii.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, again, why are people falling over themselves to congratulate Nintendo about this specific thing?

Forgive me, but short of 3D that is pretty much the entire life of the PSP. Which is something that people never stopped bitching about in relation to that system. You hear 6 years of "Sony totally fucked up by making a handheld designed for console-style games" and it kind of makes you wonder why people are using OoT 3D as a masturbatory aid. So, again, why are people falling over themselves to congratulate Nintendo about this specific thing?

people are using OoT 3D as a masturbatory aid

Just answered your own question. B)

Doesn't seem to cause problems in the PS3 or Wii.

I would think that in the 3DS, all these factors would contribute to a loss in quality of the gameplay. Having to use the accelerometer while already worrying about keeping the screen at a good angle so the 3D is visible is only made harder by the vibration.

Then there's the fact that on the PS3 or Wii, your controller is rumbling while you look at a TV screen. On the 3DS, rumble might affect how you see the game, as the screen'll be rumbling as well.

Edited by Ovarloard

You can only say "yay it vibrates" so much you know.

Actually it doesn't have rumble. So no, you can't.

And we know how rumble works.

Back on topic, why would you even consider the 3DS in a sexual way? WHY.

Well, to be fair, Nintendo did remake Mario 64 for the original DS to help showcase that system's capabilities, why not do the same with OoT for the 3DS? Every system will have its ports, but ports only seem to comprise of a small fraction of the 3DS' upcoming library, unlike the PSP, which was port city, really. That, and it's a freaking remake of OoT. There would be something severely wrong with the world if people didn't fangasm over it. Besides, it's still early days, devs are only starting to figure out what they can do with the system. The 3DS, much like its predecessor, will still likely be a handheld for handheld games, Nintendo isn't stupid enough go in a PSP-like direction for their handhelds.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The way the handheld looks make it seem as though they can put another analog under the abxy buttons.

@ Tornado:

I'd go as far as to say that the people saying the "Sony fucked up" for trying to be a console when it's a handheld are pretty much wrong, because the PSP has done astronomically well in the face of a Nintendo handheld.

The PSP could not have been further from a fuck up.

Actually if 2D games stop coming out for handhelds, I'm going to be the one getting mad at Nintendo. Atleast the PSP still had 2D games.

• Thumbs Up 1

GT give the 3DS the Most Innovative E3 award -

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/most-innovative-best-of-e3/701201

Found this post in the comments section -

i am so fucking tired of that 3DS! whats the big deal!!?? do you all want to know they did it without glasses? THEY JUST LAID THE 3D GLASS UPON THE SCREEN!! THAT DID NOT TOOK A GENIUS TO FIGURE IT OUT!!! are you all still so freaking exited??

The device has a depth adjuster/slider so no, that's not the case. :lol:

3DS to cost £140 and be released March 15 2011?

More speculation -

There seems to have been more hardware prices thrown round the internet this week than an antique auction hall. The latest bit of monetary speculation is for Nintendo's 3DS...

Dutch online retailer BartSmit.com has listed the handheld at 169.95 euros. That's just over $200 dollars and nearly £140 if you convert it directly.

The site also lists the release date as March 15, 2011.

The release date certainly fits with the back and forth we've been having about a time period. Nintendo has said that the device will be worldwide by March next year. March 15 maybe?

As far as the price is concerned, we haven't had a lot of speculation on the 3DS yet - costing chaos has mostly centred around Kinect - but analyst Michael Pachter reckons Ninty could put the handheld as high as $299 and it would still sell 10 million units. $200 is nothing to Pachter.

We're not sure we can take any more numbers with currency symbols in front of them today.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=253973

Retailer -

http://www.bartsmit.com/nintendo-3ds-rood

This is getting annoying. One day it's next year, the next day its not true andnow its next year again D:

Also, I think its more likely that the 3DS will be 169.95$/£/€. I don't see them converting it, so the price is the sam everywhere. Thats how it was with the Wii at least.

Also:

now i have seen the kinect is only going to be £130 i'm undecided as to which one to get. i think kinectimals has the edge over a handheld 3d ocarina of time, 3d pilot wings and a new animal crossing.

adgr19 on 30 Jun '10

...WTF?

now i have seen the kinect is only going to be £130 i'm undecided as to which one to get. i think kinectimals has the edge over a handheld 3d ocarina of time, 3d pilot wings and a new animal crossing.

adgr19 on 30 Jun '10

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

You....Got....to ......be....KIDDDING ME LULWUT How the hell can kinectimals have an edge over Ocarina of time come on seriously WTF

Edited by Crash
  • Thumbs Up 1

Of course it could have an advantage. It's another new gimmicky system (much like the Wii was). Chances are the nobody here would hold Kinectimals in higer regard, but the general public might.

I'm sure the general public will be shitting themselves just at the chance of waiting in line for a new DS. I can't see the typical 360 owner doing similar for Kinect. And only a fool would buy a 360 just for Kinect based on the games we have seen for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've really just stopped caring about the so called release dates. Everyone's taking their wild guess then the next day it's something else. I'll wait for an official announcement.