Awoo.

Nintendo 3DS

Patticus

Shit's obviously CG. Shadows don't line up properly, unless they want me to believe that Nintendo invented the technology to normal map an actual object the controls are all wrong, and you'd think they'd get at least one picture of them holding it in their hand. Also, the LCD screen's visible area is obscured by the casing. Nintendo wouldn't make a newbish mistake like that even on a prototype. The color bar screen shot is a random thing for the system to do, and in the last shot, that book seems placed in the scene just to make it look less like CG. If that wasn't what it was for, it wouldn't be there, unless they were trying to give you an idea of the size of the thing, which there are far better ways of doing.

In fact, I'd go as far to say that the table might be CG as well, unless someone used a really crappy fake wood grain when they made that table.

Also, how exactly does that hinge work? We should be able to see that track it's on in that picture where the screen is at an angle.

I just assumed that it was fake because (NINTENDO) isn't etched in. Anyway I've never owned a nintendo product since Gameboy advance. Maybe I should give this thing a shot.

3ds.jpg

This is from the 24th of MArch but I can't remember this being posted here. Sorry if I'm wrong..

They are fake, but thats obvious.

tumblr_kzwl83oKXd1qzpbds.jpg

3DS design confirmed to be 'going back to it's roots'.

EDIT:

tumblr_l02dqtyPP81qzpbds.jpg

Wow.

That top one looks almost exactly like one that was made for the first DS, but in color instead of black and white and it says 3DS instead of DS..

The bottom one is, I think, official. It is odd though that they are showing the red one first...

The bottom picture I posted is like the funniest thing I have ever seen in my whole life, I actually can't stop laughing at it xD

The bottom picture I posted is like the funniest thing I have ever seen in my whole life, I actually can't stop laughing at it xD

I laughed for like 10 minutes when I saw it xD

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa o.0; WAY earlier than anticipated, the DS' last amazing games won't even be out by then!

I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news, the XL only just came out, sucks to be people who bought it.

Seeing that this Nintendo 3DS thing is going to happen soon, I LOL at people who actually bought a DSi or DSi XL when they already had a lite or phat. You just keep falling victim to Nintendo...

• Thumbs Up 1

Pfft, speak for yourself, I still don't regret buying an XL, the system rocks. :D

That's definitely a big surprise though and I certainly wasn't expecting it so soon, though given the DS' insane success and the precedent set by the PS2 which still has the odd title released for it now and then I think it'll be a long time indeed before the DS is completely dead. I wouldn't worry too much.

Pfft, speak for yourself, I still don't regret buying an XL, the system rocks. :D

That's definitely a big surprise though and I certainly wasn't expecting it so soon, though given the DS' insane success and the precedent set by the PS2 which still has the odd title released for it now and then I think it'll be a long time indeed before the DS is completely dead. I wouldn't worry too much.

I actually want a DSi to just play Shantae, a title coming out for DSi-ware only -_- But It isn't worth the $169.99. When this new DS system comes out, then I may consider it since it's going to be better/stronger then the DS in general, hopefully with better online play.

I just got the XL too, only because my old DS died right when it came out, so I was long overdue anyways. but hell, this 3DS is coming a lot sooner than originally thought, however, I'm leaving room for delays and postponing.

Seeing that this Nintendo 3DS thing is going to happen soon, I LOL at people who actually bought a DSi or DSi XL when they already had a lite or phat. You just keep falling victim to Nintendo...

I still have a Lite and a DSi. If I see one being sold at a reasonable price, I'll pick up a Phat too. Why? Collection!

The release date though is very surprising. They must really be gearing towards a worldwide release, which is always a plus.

Honestly I would have pretty pissed if I did pick up a DSi or an XL just to have Nintendo release the true DS successor about a year later. I was going to break down and buy an XL (I really want Shantae XD) but Nintendo announced the 3DS shortly before the XL released here in the US so I decided to wait for the 3DS. I'm sure we'll still be able to download DSIware onto the 3DS. I hope it's not hard as fuck to get one, but I know it will be. :/

I'm pretty sure that it was confirmed earlier in this thread that DSiWare is compatible with the 3. I doubt they will stop making DSiWare games just because of the 3DS. Same reason Game Boy Advance games were still being made about 2 years after the DS was already released.

Looks like it'll come out this year. I'm glad I still only have a phat, though. My patience has paid off. Ha! =P

Releasing right next to Natal as well? Why do I suspect the 3DS is going to tear into Natal's sales?

But, really, October? Sweet.

Releasing right next to Natal as well? Why do I suspect the 3DS is going to tear into Natal's sales?

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Nintendo decided to release it then for incredibly malicious reasons... xD

With Sony and Microsoft releasing new hardware (though not quite entirely new platforms) this autumn, it would be remiss of Nintendo to allow them to hog the limelight. One of Nintendo's goals is to keep Sony and MS on the backfoot and prevent them from successfully capturing consumers like they themselves did with the Wii; if they can do to Sony with the 3DS what they did to Sony and MS with the Wii, they'll be achieving that goal.

I really hope Nintendo's not rushing it just to make the holiday season. Microsoft did the same back in 2005 and we all remember how that turned out.

And is there any news on if it's region-free? The DS is, but the Wii isn't, so I'm not really sure what to expect on that.

Edited by SuperStingray