Awoo.

What order did you play/ get the classics in?

-Mark-

I started with Sonic 2 back when I was 3 years old. It was my first video game to ever own. My old sister always played as Sonic, and I got stuck with Tails. Beat it.

My dad went back in bought the first Sonic since we liked Sonic 2 so much. Beat it.

Next was Sonic 3. Got stuck at the Barrel. Played the hell out of multiplayer though. Didn't complete it until a while later (not sure as I was only 4) when I was at a neighbor's house who had the game and showed me how to do it. Beat it.

After that was Sonic & Knuckles. Got stuck at Sandopolis for a while because I was afraid of the ghosts, but I overcame that not too long after. Beat it.

I didn't play Sonic CD until it came out on the PC. Not sure when exactly, but a LOT later. I must have been 10 or 11 at least. Took me awhile to complete as I didn't like it much.

So...

S2->S1-->S3-->S&K----------->SCD

Okay, here goes...

1. Sonic Adventure

2. Sonic Adventure 2

3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Radica Plug 'N' Play, in the middle of a ToyMaster store)

4. Sonic 3D (PC Version)

5. Sonic R (PC Version)

6. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (6 to 9 were all on Sonic Mega Collection)

7. Sonic the Hedgehog

8. Sonic & Knuckles

9. Puyo Pu*cough* Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

10. Sonic Spinball

11. [8-Bit titles in the order that they appear in Sonic Adventure DX]

12. Sonic CD (12 and 13 are both on Gems Collection)

13. Sonic the Fightersinic

14. Chaotix (Starting to get into unlicensed emulation now...)

15. SegaSonic Arcade

16. Sonic Shuffle (FINALLY!)

Bit of an unusual order, although I think it worked...

• Thumbs Up 1

The topic title says 'classics', but since everyone is posting a full list, I'll try and give it a go.

Owned/Played in this order

Sonic 1 MD

Sonic 1 MS

Sonic 2 MS

Sonic 2 MD

Sonic Chaos MS

Sonic CD MCD

Sonic & Knuckles MD

Sonic Spinball MD

Sonic 3 MD

Sonic 3D MD

And then every release after that.

Edited by Stasis

I played S&K first which is why it's my favorite, then I think It was 3-1-2. I never actualy got to own the original cartridges or anything but I got 3, S&K, and CD(which for some reason never worked on my computer) all in one set for the PC. After that got lost I got the Sonic Mega-colection for the PC.

I remember getting my first taste of Sonic games at my cousin's house when I was 3. He had Sonic 1 for the Megadrive as well as the Master System, and we used to love playing them together whenever I was taken down to visit him. My family couldn't afford a Mega Drive of our own, though; I had to settle for the Master System when my cousin didn't want it anymore, and a SNES from relatives in London. I didn't mind playing Mario & Starwing from time to time (I'm a fan of both Nintendo and Sega games), but in those days I always preferred playing Sonic on the Master System because I felt the music and locations were quirkier and more enjoyable than Mario. I still got chance to play on my cousin's Mega Drive every now and then, although the only other Sonic game he got for it was Sonic 2. I wasn't able to look into 3 & Knuckles until 11 years later when I bought Mega Collection for the Gamecube, and when that happened I couldn't put it down. Even today I find myself popping it in on the Wii for a spot of retro goodness :)

Edited by Psych