Awoo.

Official Sonic 4 Poll: What do you want to know more about, music or homing attack?

Agent York

If music wins (which it looks like it's going to) they better come with some samples. And at a decent length too. Just talking about the music would be lamer than the concept art pictures.

I liked the concept arts :-/

His remix of Sky Sanctuary was nice, and contained no guitars :V! He could do it, he just loves his guitars :V

Where is this. Gimme.

I liked the concept arts :-/

I thought the Crabmeat one was nice, but underwhelming given all that social networking they made people go through. And the flower/palmtree one was just lame IMO.

I thought the Crabmeat one was nice, but underwhelming given all that social networking they made people go through. And the flower/palmtree one was just lame IMO.

Oh yes that one was lame, it would of been cool to see some Sonic or Doctor Eggman concept art instead of the flowers,palmtree and bushes to be honest

Best Sky Sanctuary remix ever (downloads it for iPod XD)

Edited by Crash

I can't BELIEVE music is winning. Talk about not having one's priorities straight.

All the music in the world won't save the game if the homing attack breaks it.

...Reading this topic and the poll topic itself I suddenly realise why this poll even exists in the first place for something with such an "obvious" correct choice. o.o

I can't BELIEVE music is winning. Talk about not having one's priorities straight.

All the music in the world won't save the game if the homing attack breaks it.

True, BUT I think we know enough about the homing attack. You target onto an enemy, with a range of 2/3 the screen able to target on, and jump towards it. If something is there to hurt you, like a Bubbles takes out it's spikes or a spring or something else, you'll home onto that if targeted. The Jump Dash meanwhile luckily is not game breaker, we saw it and it only moves you a little forward not all too quickly, still making the Spin Dash important but good for a last minute dodge technique.

True, BUT I think we know enough about the homing attack. You target onto an enemy, with a range of 2/3 the screen able to target on, and jump towards it. If something is there to hurt you, like a Bubbles takes out it's spikes or a spring or something else, you'll home onto that if targeted. The Jump Dash meanwhile luckily is not game breaker, we saw it and it only moves you a little forward not all too quickly, still making the Spin Dash important but good for a last minute dodge technique.

TWO THIRDS OF THE SCREEN?

And I'm not the only one who doesn't think that is absolutely way too much?

Well then, spamfest confirmed :|

We know this is exactly how the homing attack will work in the game?

The HA and it's use can vary a lot; we don't know how often it'll be used, to what extent it "adds" to the classic gameplay as stated, how exactly it'll be used to reach those "routes in the air", and most importantly, if it'll be used that much in this game at all.

It's not like we're hoping for good music, and there's a lot less you can say about the subject compared to the HA in general. The most we may find out from it is if it features slightly remixed versions of the same level theme for each act, which was pretty much confirmed just a while ago.

Edited by Black Spy

Between the two choices, it's either gonna be "Is the homing attack broken or not?" or "Who is composing this game, what are they using to compose the music, influences, possible interviews, etc.?"

I just don't really know what there is to talk about for the homing attack other than confirming or denying its usefulness. I know a lot of people want to know whether it works, but once that's answered, what else? I mean nobody cares the name of the dude who's programming it into the game or how he spent sleepless nights trying to perfect Sonic's after-blur. Well I guess there's some people who do.

I just think there's more to talk about the music than there is about the move.

I actually am interested in how the Homing Attack will work in the game. Aren't a lot of you? I know tons of people have brought up how "useless" it would be. This may or may not officially debunk that (I go for the prior). The homing attack is a gameplay thing, and a lot of classic fans are undoubtedly disappointed in its appearance. So knowing how it works in-game can likely quench the fears.

Music will probably be awesome, as usual. I'm not really worried too much about that.

The point is this is not really an obvious choice, it's an opinion, and why they made a poll. XD Different people want to know different things.

What side are You on?

I just think there's more to talk about the music than there is about the move.

But knowing how the homing attack will work exactly is more important than who composed the music.

Are they really gonna keep this thing going until Friday? Surely everyone who wanted vote would have done so by then...

Are they really gonna keep this thing going until Friday? Surely everyone who wanted vote would have done so by then...

(Gah this poll is pointless now.)

They going to keep it till friday so they could possible get a trailer set up to see how the homing attack works + clearer music of Splash Hill Zone act 1 music.

Like this for example

I'm shocked that the music is ahead of the homing attack, and have to ask why the fanbase's priorities are so insanely screwed up in the first place. I mean, when was the last Sonic game that had a bad soundtrack?

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm shocked that the music is ahead of the homing attack, and have to ask why the fanbase's priorities are so insanely screwed up in the first place. I mean, when was the last Sonic game that had a bad soundtrack?

I agree with this post. In fact, barring obvious porting failures, I don't think there's EVER been a Sonic game with a bad soundtrack. Music is the one thing they are consistently good at.

Meanwhile, Homing Attack has tended to vary in quality in each and every one of it's appearances.

Oh well, enjoy your music file. The rest of us are still gonna be doubting the homing attack and some of us will be irked about stepping stones.

Music is a more tantalising teaser for me. It's something I can actually have and use. It's like an actual little piece of the game that I'd be able to preview. That's why I voted for music over homing attack info. We'll find out about both in time, but at this stage, my appetite will be better whet by something I almost certainly know will be good (:

I don't think there's EVER been a Sonic game with a bad soundtrack..

I offer up Sonic Chronicles.

If I was to vote I would go with the Homing Attack. Music will come in time, and I'm not really doubting that the music will be good. The HA on the other hand is a stupid addition, but I'd love to be shown evidence that proves me wrong...however all I see them saying is general PR crap defending the HA, however there is a chance they could tell us something that makes its inclusion make miniscule sense, and for that I would vote for the HA over music...not that I could be bothered to vote anyway.

Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

How dare they vote for music! What a bunch of newbs! True Sonic fans forever!

...maybe they're voting for music for the promise of sound clips?

Hm...?

I voted homing attack in hopes that people might stop complaining if they know more about it, but then again this is the sonic fan-base.

I like what iv heard of the music so far, but i am also aparently one of the few people that liked the sonic games using rock music, I think it fits the games well. But as long as all the music doesnt become that terrible, god awfull noise called RAP (or crap without the c) ill be fine.

Edit: Rap works for knuckles, in fact thats the only rap-like music ill listen too.

Edited by Eternlo

This poll will close on 03-21-2010 at 04:58 AM

03-21-2010

03-21-2010

home-alone1243399120.png

SUNDAY?!WHAAAAT?!

Did they move the deadline or something?! I hope not D:, I wanna hear the news!

Edited by MarcelloF