Awoo.

Official Sonic 4 Poll: What do you want to know more about, music or homing attack?

Agent York

I'm not going to join, I'm not going to vote.

While it would probably be interesting to find out about both before the game comes out, both the homing attack functions and the music will be revealed when the game comes out, far as I'm concerned.

Even though it's nice SEGA are giving fans a say, I really don't understand why everyone's getting annoyed at each other over it (See previous sentence for why). <That was stupid. Really stupid. Ignore it if you want, don't if you don't.

Super :lol: Lombax

Edited by Super Lombax
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Holy shit, I'm pissed off at everyone today!

You see the site updates, there's your god damn music download. Great job wasting the chance to learn about the homing attack people :|

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

You see the site updates, there's your god damn music download. Great job wasting the chance to learn about the homing attack people :|

But you do learn about the Homing Attack i nthis update, look at the screens. You can even spot a Homing Attack Trap in one of the screens. Just think a little about it and you should see it.

The homing attack's been around for a decade; we know how the basics of it work. I doubt we'd get much new information about it besides "it's good, we promise".

...not that I expect much more than a brief interview with Jun Senoue or whatever from the musical side of things. Either way, we probably won't be getting anything substantial. :P

If something like this is enough to ruin your day, then I'd reconsider your priorities in life.

And besides, the update that's based on the voting is coming on the 21st. You're jumping to conclusions.

Ruby has already stated that was NOT the music update (: In his words, "We're fast but not THAT fast". The voting doesn't even finish til tomorrow.

If something like this is enough to ruin your day, then I'd reconsider your priorities in life.

And besides, the update that's based on the voting is coming on the 21st. You're jumping to conclusions.

I don't know man, the people who voted for music did it entirely because they wanted a music download.

Now we have a music download, so what happens now :|

I don't know man, the people who voted for music did it entirely because they wanted a music download.

Now we have a music download, so what happens now :|

Or maybe they did it because they don't give a damn about BAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW HOMING ATTACK! I don't need to be told how the homing attack works cause all I don't know about it already is whether you double jump or if it's mapped to a different button like in Unleashed. Music on the hand- well I don't know much about that other than that what we've heard so far is marvellous.

• Thumbs Up 1

We'll get more music! Yay!

Seriously though, we'll hear about the homing attack. It wasn't either-or. It's just to place the updates in order.

We'll get more music! Yay!

Seriously though, we'll hear about the homing attack. It wasn't either-or. It's just to place the updates in order.

You either get music or the homing in Sonic 4. Take your pick- you can't have both.

Or maybe they did it because they don't give a damn about BAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW HOMING ATTACK! I don't need to be told how the homing attack works cause all I don't know about it already is whether you double jump or if it's mapped to a different button like in Unleashed. Music on the hand- well I don't know much about that other than that what we've heard so far is marvellous.

Well then, please tell me:

1. What happens if you try it if nothing's in range (IE. Jump Dash, or Insta Shield)?

2. If it's jump dash, how does it affect your momentum?

3. Can you chain homing attacks on one item, like a boss?

4. If you can chain, how's the timing on that? Can you spam them by button mashing, or is there a delay like in Sonic 06.

Go on, enlighten me.

Well then, please tell me:

1. What happens if you try it if nothing's in range (IE. Jump Dash, or Insta Shield)?

2. If it's jump dash, how does it affect your momentum?

3. Can you chain homing attacks on one item, like a boss?

4. If you can chain, how's the timing on that? Can you spam them by button mashing, or is there a delay like in Sonic 06.

Go on, enlighten me.

1. Jump dash. See the leaked footage.

2. Can't tell.

3. Can't tell, does it it matter?

4. Again, does it matter?

You can pretty much assume how the homing attack is going to work, so why not learn more about the music and potentially hear some more clips outside of Splash Hill Act 1? I don't get you guys at all.

1. Jump dash. See the leaked footage.

2. Can't tell.

3. Can't tell, does it it matter?

4. Again, does it matter?

1. You mean the footage where he has the moon jump? I thought that was all going to be changed by the final.

2.-4. These absolutely DO matter. For starters, if you can just jump dash to gain insta-speed, that defeats the point of the Spin Dash, or things like rolling down hills. In addition, if you can just spam homing attacks on everything, where's the challenge in the bosses? An example of this is Egg Hornet. You can kill it on the first dive by spamming the Homing Attack like a madman. At least if there was a delay, the boss would have a chance to attack you before you could get the next attack out. It would be even better remedied by not allowing you to spam the crap out of things like bosses anyway!

Basically, the homing attack's inclusion has the potential to be a bigger game breaker than Super Sonic. At least you have to WORK for that. The only ace in the hold here would be something like Megamix where:

1. There are Eggman monitors EVERYWHERE, so spamming like a madman hurts you

2. Certain moments of using the attack affects your ring count (granted, that's actually Light Attack, but still)

3. You absolutely cannot chain attack bosses. In fact, you can't even lock on to bosses.

Yeah, it's actually a bigger deal than you think it is. I didn't get it at first, but I thought about it, and I totally understand the massive rage when it was first announced.

• Thumbs Up 3

Or maybe they did it because they don't give a damn about BAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW HOMING ATTACK!

Again, priorities. You can get a clip of music, or you can find out whether one of the biggest gameplay design announcements completely breaks the game balance like it does in nearly every other instance where it has been a named feature. And I thank you not to take completely warranted criticisms and belittle those that make them because you simply don't give a shit or are tired of hearing them.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

I doubt they're going to say anything about the homing attack that will imply it's game-breaking. Ultimately, it won't be until the actual gameplay is tested and reviewed by an unbiased source (and even that's a hard enough thing to find) that we'll truly know anything about it.

Music is a far more fair and 'honest' thing to showcase as it simply exists without need for user interaction. I'd rather know about the music, which I'll either like or dislike, than about the HA which I STILL won't know how good/bad it is until I play :\

• Thumbs Up 1

While it's perfectly fine to worry about the Homing Attack (Hell I'd probably agree that finding more about how it works is more important than music), you can't moan over the fact the majority of people want to hear music. Everyone's entitled to make a decision. |D;

Besides, since we got a free music download today, maybe that'll satisfy people enough to vote for the Homing Attack~

While it's perfectly fine to worry about the Homing Attack (Hell I'd probably agree that finding more about how it works is more important than music), you can't moan over the fact the majority of people want to hear music. Everyone's entitled to make a decision. |D;

Besides, since we got a free music download today, maybe that'll satisfy people enough to vote for the Homing Attack~

Just because you're allowed to make a decision doesn't stop you from making the wrong one.

And the music we got sounds like the result of a drunken wager along the lines "Hey Jun, I bet you can't compose the ENTIRE Zone 1 soundtrack out of ear-piercing synth lololololol!!1!"

Sadly, it turns out Jun could.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Because it's totally a 'wrong' decision, and not just a silly forum poll to determine which we'll learn about first. :\ Geez, it's not like we won't learn about them both eventually, so why are people getting so bent out of shape over not getting what they want immediately?

Chill the fuck out.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Chill the fuck out.

Irony :V

Of course, the question main, when do we learn about the second item?

Know what im gonna do about the homing attack... not use it, or at least only use it only when needed. Im still going by the fact that izuka said FIND new paths, or something like that, the main point is he said FIND which means off the normal path, which could mean you can go the entire game without using it.

Edited by Eternlo

I didn't want to read this topic, but now I did and I'm voting homing. I'm interested in how the game works. The music really doesn't tell me much about the game itself. Also looks like they plan to continue revealing music on the official site. I can listen to the Splash Hill theme for weeks if I have to.

Chill the fuck out.

Difficult to adopt John-Preston-style equilibrium when the current music fare sounds like it's being played on a cat.

Meow meow-meow, meowmeowmeowmeowmeow meow meow-meow...

EDIT: Touche, Flyboy

Edited by Frozen Nitrogen

I thought the voting didn't end 'til today... has there been a new update today music-wise? Because the music we heard a day or so back was NOT the vote-related update according to Ruby.

I thought the voting didn't end 'til today... has there been a new update today music-wise? Because the music we heard a day or so back was NOT the vote-related update according to Ruby.

I'm guessing it'll either come later, or if today, later today. Like here at the Pacific Coast of the United States where SEGA of America is located, it's only 3:30 AM. XD;