Awoo.

Spoiler Thread (Spoiler Tags Please)

Agent York

Due to all the leaks, this is now the spoiler thread. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

ADD SPOILER TAGS TO THE PARTICULARLY SPOILERIFIC SPOILERS

Original Post:

Everything in this thread is RUMOR until proven to hold truth. Random rumors can come from anywhere so we'll try to get rumors with more merit than word of mouth, though all rumors should be posted here.

I've had a rumor for a while, but have been holding off posting it, but now that I have some proof I think I finally will do just that.

Ggsrfl.png

Behold, this screenshot is making the rounds today as a possible screenshot from Lost Labyrinth. It seems to be a section where the Wii Remote tilting function would be used, but this would be on the 360 using RB and LB. The reason this helps prove something is a potential fear that some people already have access to the game. Some hacker friend I talk to every once in a while the other day was showing me assets from Sonic 4, which I didn't believe at the time were real, because quite frankly he is one of those stuck up people that just because he's part of some closed off community of hackers thinks he's better than everyone else. However, he did show on webcam some level tiles Splash Hill and several enemy and Sonic poses. I thought he might be bullshitting since these could just be made by the community to troll, and most of what he showed me we already had seen (besides some posses of Sonic and one enemy in particular). However, the reason why I'm facepalming myself over this recent reveal is one of the poses of Sonic he showed me was, get this, in a mine cart ala' Sonic 2 Game Gear. However, this screen could be fanmade itself. It's kinda' poorly worded and might have been made by the mentioned community. Or they might really have access to the game. Whatever the case, this is pure RUMOR right now.

What do you think?

Edited by Dusk the Wicked Keeper

Nice find ;).

I think this screenshot has something to do with the rumored iPhone/touch version. The text reads:

"tilting the screen" this can only be done on a iPhone. Also whats interesting about this screenshot is the text states that the whole act is played while Sonic is riding a mine cart.

Mine carts are cool, but I hope the motion control will be optional on PS3. Won't be that big of a deal though, as the limited motion control in R&C: Tools of Destruction didn't bother me.

EDIT: Wait, the entire Act is played like that? That could be a bit much.

Do you access to any more pics like this (Sonic's poses)? Even if they are fake, it would be nice to see.

Edited by Tentomon

I'm very interested in these Sonic poses you mentioned.

Perhaps your friend could be persuaded to throw us a bone? Please =D.

I don't have the aforementioned personally and more so I'm not endorsing assets from an unreleased game to go about the internet yet. Also this screen wasn't from me or even given to me, it's been going around the internet the last hour and just coincidentally featured something I had seen previously over webcam. Whenever this is from the same community is even questionable, and it could of been shopped or could be real. No real way to tel lat this point.

Ggsrfl.png11uaz55.png

I dunno; the levels don't look all that similar from what I can see. This new screenshot doesn't really match the more streamlined aesthetic that Sonic 4 seems to be going for.

Edited by Octarine

Ggsrfl.png11uaz55.png

I dunno; the levels don't look all that similar from what I can see. This new screenshot doesn't really match the more streamlined aesthetic that Sonic 4 seems to be going for.

Look at the pillars in the background. Waaaay back there. Yeah, it's the same level.

The foregrounds don't really seem to match, but they've got similar arches in the background...for what little can be made out...

Edit: vvv And looking at that, it looks like there's the same square block as the one in the other pic next to the timer...

Someone on GameFAQs proposed that this tilting is the move they've yet to reveal. I find it plausible and worrying.

Edited by Diogenes

Someone at Neo GAF has made the stuff behind the text box more clearer -

Sonic4LostLabyrinthMineCartBright.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20308239&postcount=7082

As has already been said, the environment doesn't match the little screen seen on the level select screen, I think it's possible this could be fake. Also the graphics on the scenery look far too realistic for a classic type 2D Sonic game.

EDIT:

Actually looking at this clearer version of the pic some of the bricks match the bricks in the smaller screenshot, the bricks with L shapes in them to be exact.

In the clearer version you can see the mine cart rail too.

They don't match but it could just be another section. The mine act could be Sonic riding the mine cart deeper into the labyrinth.

Someone at Neo GAF has made the stuff behind the text box more clearer -

Sonic4LostLabyrinthMineCartBright.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20308239&postcount=7082

As has already been said, the environment doesn't match the little screen seen on the level select screen, I think it's possible this could be fake. Also the graphics on the scenery look far too realistic for a classic type 2D Sonic game.

EDIT:

Actually looking at this clearer version of the pic some of the bricks match the bricks in the smaller screenshot, the bricks with L shapes in them to be exact.

In the clearer version you can see the mine cart rail too.

Seems to me like a 13 year old did it. I mean the words are just wrong. "This Act" capital letters for the first two words?. Save it for the "Press RT and LT to change the angle and speed Sonic up or slow him down but watch that you don't make the angle too great!". This whole sentence doesn't make any sense to me, here what i think it should be like: "When you ride a mine cart use RT and LT to tilt the screen. Watch out tilting the screen too hard gives Sonic alot of trouble controling the mine cart."

Or something like that, i'm not believing that screenshot because it really looks fake.

Also,lol great news Tristan.

Edited by 3thmthm

Seems to me like a 13 year old did it. I mean the words are just wrong. "This Act" capital letters in the beginning only, save it for the "Press RT and LT to change the angle and speed Sonic up or slow him down but watch that you don't make the angle too great!". This whole sentence doesn't make any sense to me, here what i think it should be like: "When you ride a mine cart use RT and LT to tilt the screen, watch out tilting the screen too hard gives Sonic alot of trouble controling the speed."

Or something like that, i'm not believing that screenshot because it really looks fake.

Also,lol great news Tristan.

Lol @ Tristan!

I've got to agree the text isn't very well written.

The foreground seems a lot closer than it should be, comparing to Splash Hill footage and the Lost Labyrinth menu capture. But I don't think it's fake. The rail looks a lot like the 8-bit Sonic 2 Underground Zone rails. Maybe it's closer because of the way the level is played, or maybe it's just a trick of the camera? I also see some similar bricks, but they're not identical. Who says they need to be though. It looks like a higher section of the zone to me, with the cavernous looking background. Another reason to believe this - wasn't the special stage reported to be played with controlled rotation, like with motion controls? I'll be happy if this is true.

Well you couldn't spend the whole level in the cart. There was something about clearing every level as Super Sonic and I don't see how you could do that if you're riding a cart for a whole level.

Holy....SHIT i've just possibly spoiled the final boss for myself now :'( damn why did i look and reused boss from Sonic Unleashed from the look from it

Edited by Crash

Holy....SHIT i've just possibly spoiled the final boss for myself now :'( damn why did i look
Don't worry, it's only Episode 1. This is like being spoiled on the boss of Launch Base in Sonic 3...

So, interesting.

So would this mean it's Egg Space Station? I was hoping for something more...grounded.

Likin' the design of the boss, even if it is very similar to the Egg Dragoon. Though it's a bit weird...should still be a very different fight, tho'.

• Thumbs Up 1

oh hai

Egg_Dragoon.jpg

Egad! This implies that Sonic World Adventure takes place before Sonic the Hedgehog 4! That, or the Ultra Hyper Prototype 1 (a.k.a. Egg Dragoon) is really old. If this turns out to be the Ultra Hyper Prototype 2 that Eggman was inferring to in SWA, then the timeline just imploded.

Edited by HunterTSF

Oh SEGA...

On the bright side, this looks like a pretty good super battle. Actually I wonder if this is going to be after E.G.G. Station? I mean, how would you do no-damage with Super Sonic?

oh hai

Egg_Dragoon.jpg

Egad! This implies that Sonic World Adventure takes place before Sonic the Hedgehog 4! That, or the Ultra Hyper Prototype 1 (a.k.a. Egg Dragoon) is really old. If this turns out to be the Ultra Hyper Prototype 2 that Eggman was inferring to in SWA, then the timeline just imploded.

Would that... gulp... put either Shadow or '06 at the end of the timeline? Dear lord, I hope not. Let's just call the Egg Dragoon a throwback, please please please.

It does look very Egg Dragoon-ish, though, doesn't it? I really like that style, so I'm glad to see it again. Oh, and the semi-confirmation of cutscenes is nice as well... that actually looks pretty good.

Would that... gulp... put either Shadow or '06 at the end of the timeline? Dear lord, I hope not. Let's just call the Egg Dragoon a throwback, please please please.

It does look very Egg Dragoon-ish, though, doesn't it? I really like that style, so I'm glad to see it again. Oh, and the semi-confirmation of cutscenes is nice as well... that actually looks pretty good.

Hm, looking at it closer (and thanks to Hunter for the big pic from Unleashed), it's not just similar, it's damn near identical. The only major difference is that it's got two gun-arms instead of one and a drill-arm. Aside from that and possibly some exhaust (?) pipes on the top-back, everything we can see looks to be identical, at least to my eyes.

Weird as shit. Makes me wonder if these are actually legit or not...