Awoo.

The Avatar and Signature Topic

Superstrider

Most of the returning members should be familiar with this topic. However, for anyone new, here is the premise: Your post must explain the story or meaning behind your avatar of choice. I'll start things off here.

My current AV is my Deviantart AV. Basically my own persona in sprite format. The Japanese symbols read "Jon," which is my actual name.

EDIT: Decided to turn this into the signature topic as well, since avatars and signatures are practically the same thing: they both are about you and your appearance to others. So awesome sauce, =X.

-Blur

This is Killer B from the Naruto Manga and he is my second favorite character following after Shikamaru. He is in color because somebody edited him and made him look like he appeared in the Anime when in truth he hasn't since they didn't reveal him yet because the Anime is a good bit behind of the Manga. I can't wait to see him in the Anime though.

Edited by Shade737
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's Kabutops, one of the original 151 Pokémon and an avatar I maintained for many years over at GamesRadar (UK) and now use at GRcade. First time he's made an appearance here for me though.

It's a chopped version of a deviantart piece I made myself I call

"sonic the metal-hog"

Looks a little too much like Evil Sonic (AKA Scourge now)

but still cool in my eyes.

btw his patches on the jacket say:

RATT,GN'R,Sonic Underground, and AC/DC

For the time being I have an avatar of Nia from Gurren Lagann I found.

She's one of my favorite characters (and is probably my favorite female) in the show.

I have Penguinator from Sonic 3's Icecap Zone.

I think of him as Sonic's answer to Mario's Weegee. That stare is just creepy, amirite? :P

Avatar and title are both from this comic. No deep meaning behind it, and I don't even like Wario all that much. I just thought it was hilarious and I needed a change anyway.

Took me a while to decide which panel to use, tho', as they're all brilliant.

Streets of Rage 3, where you get chased by a bulldozer in a construction site.

There are much better parts to the level though, and they are very, very epic, culminating in an elevator which you can throw enemies off while heavy bass music goes in the background, and then getting to the top and fighting a robot clone. Good stuff.

I'll pretty much re-iterate what I put down in the last avatar topic before the wipe, so yeah:

mask.png

Including 1 avatar before this and my current signature banner, this is basically part 3 of a little private lulz I decided to have. Said lulz being making shiny graphics out of questionable artstuffs: this one being of a guy simply named "Mask", an original creation of the artist. This is very much inspired by something Stray, a member from a while back, did with her banner once upon a time.

Oh, and like my signature says. Guess the artist and win candy.

Edited by Wyde

My avatar is from my favourite anime couple ever, Simon and Nia from Gurren Lagann! In bridal gear too.

Curses, I have no idea who the artist could be for Wydes avatar. Guess I won't be gettin any candy.... *cries*

*sniff*

As...for my avatar, it was a picture I drew myself, with Mario, Pikachu, Kirby and Sonic all playing Smash Brothers Brawl with WiFi.

I wanted to have a funny looking avatar. LOL

Edited by DanfieldJ86

Mine currently is of Spinel Sun's borrowed form from Cardcaptor Sakura. He's soooo cute! But refined and sophisticated as well. It's funny when he eats too much sugar because he becomes mega hyper and craves more sugar, going on a cute-laden rampage.

I'll get a complimenting sig of his true form when I can be arsed.

nothappy.png

Instead of putting my previous avatar back up, I just stuck in a pic of our favourite hedgehog looking rather wonky, unamused and gormless (skills xP). Perhaps someone interrupted his beauty sleep. Or maybe he's sad cause his favourite website had a server wipe and now it doesn't look as pretty. :(

Heh I just doodled it last night and will probably get bored of it fast x).

Edited by Demofax

As if it wasn't obvious enough, I chose Link from Zelda (namely this art is from the Oracle games). I wanted something that would do well as a permanent avatar incase I'm not active enough on SSMB to replace it (due to being bored of it) like I do on some of my more active forums. Funny thing is I hardly have Link as my avatar, despite my name. This is probably the second or third time I've ever had a Link avatar on the internet.

Currently an awesome fan art of Robotnik from SatAM. To me and the artist, we both feel that was the best version of Robotnik. He's totally badass.

El Gran Gordo, alter ego of Eggman from the Sonic X comic.

To me, he's the best version of Eggman. He's totally hilarious and badass. (He beat up a guy twice as big as he was!)

My avatar depicts Sgt. Major Kururu, from the anime Keroro Gunso. Basically, he's an alien, mad-scientist frog known for chuckling a lot.

Curses, I have no idea who the artist could be for Wydes avatar. Guess I won't be gettin any candy....

Considering the nature of what I'm thieving and the candy I had in mind, it's probably for the best. <3

Regardless, PM your answers anyway, foo's. I need a good laugh.

Edited by Wyde

Despite the fact I had over 20 of my past avatars saved in "Your personal notepad" before the server wipe, I still have three or four on my photobucket.

This avatar was made for me by Chimpo, a person who hasn't visited in over 2 years. It's Iori Yagami, my favorite character from King of Fighters.

My avatar is Tails. No surprises there. I haven't changed it in forever... so perhaps I'll make a new one to commemorate new beginnings at =SSMB= ^^

Why Tails? I dunno. Would make more sense for it to be Sonic, since he's my favourite. I guess I just got used to having Tails represent me, and I'd feel weird having Sonic there. I might put Sonic somewhere in my sig, though. Or at least, a picture of him with Tails.

My avatar is my current MSN display picture that changes every 70 seconds. The avatar border is great too, it shows if I'm online on WLM the border would go green. Red is busy, yellow is away and grey...offline. DX

All the random pics that show on my avatar are all about Aisaka Taiga. =3