Awoo.

The Avatar and Signature Topic

Superstrider

As of now, it's one of the kaiju that I like most, for my avatar.

This is concept art of what would become Biollante from Godzilla vs. Biollante.

I often feel I'm a strange mix of things that are not often acceptable, like her. Biollante is the result of a rose having skin cells of Dr. Shiragami's late daughter Erika added on and later, Godzilla cells. Due to the skin cells of Erika, Biollante has Erika's soul. If I could get a license from Toho, I'd happily use her in a game. 

Before I gave my copy of Godzilla Unleashed to @Mando-Whirl-Wind, Biollante was the one I liked to play as, the most.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet time for a combo change, but in honor of my recently inherited PS4, I've changed up my signature with the return of my PSN Profiles Trophy Card! Not only that, but I've switched the characters surrounding it as well! Bowser's sprite from Paper Jam, the only veteran among the lot, has been upgraded to an animated GIF, Paper Iggy from Color Splash has replaced Bowser Jr. by his side, and the left side is now populated by anime characters! First we have Yugi of Yu-Gi-Oh! fame represented by his sprite from Jump Superstars/Ultimate Stars and backing him up we have Baby Vegeta from the infamous Dragon Ball GT whose sprite I believe comes from the Game Boy Advance "Transformation" game. Why are these two here? Well, I thought I'd throw in a little hype for the dubs of both the Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Side of Dimensions movie AND Dragon Ball Super BOTH arriving in January. Why go with Baby since Super has most likely retconned his existence to an alternate timeline and he has nothing to do with it? Because I'm one of the sillies who liked several bits of GT and he seemed like a neat, unconventional choice. (Also, I just like Baby. He's a neat concept and his voice is all kinds of scary cool.)

• 2 weeks later...

My avatar is made by myself, I found a sprite making program and turns out to be decent at spriting! Made Bastet and a few others and since Bastet is my theme right now, she gets the avatar.

You may say she looks derpy but that's what makes her so adorable!

Combo has received an update for the new year, celebrating the release of Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions in US theaters on the 27th. Avatar is from one of the movie stills 4K Media released on the official Yu-Gi-Oh! site, display name is a reference to everyone's favorite ambiguously camp game creator, and member title is a reference to my favorite song from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! movie soundtrack, One Card Short, along with a special mention of the franchise's recent 20th Anniversary.

My avatar is kind of simple.. It's just a youtuber I like named Danisnotonfire and my signature is just a link to my tumblr since I got frustrated trying to find good gif size requirements on my signature.

My avatar is... certainly one Hel of a drop-dead gorgeous Norse deity in anime form. Don'cha think?

But yes, this is Hel in the Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok anime.

She reminds me a lot of myself, in some ways. Both good and bad.

There is only one panel in the comic of her half-rotting, like in the original Poetic Edda texts.

Hel's world was named for her and her world is where we get the world Hell from. There's your unwanted history lesson for the day/night.

My avatar is Dracula's grave in Castlevania II: Simon's Quest.  I know my tendency to have symbolic avatars might be boring, but this is a reference to how proud of myself I am that my DYKG submission was accepted. When I was playing the game one day, I noticed the text and noticed the "3" was chipped, so it sounded fishy and I was right on the money with my theory, after doing some historical research.

Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest. More info. The exact date of Vlad Tepes’ death is unknown, but 1476 is likely.

http://didyouknowgaming.com/post/102469555910/castlevania-ii-simons-quest-more-info-the#disqus_thread

• 2 weeks later...

February combo celebrates the long-awaited return of new TMNT episodes in the US. Avatar is a cute little illustration by Peter Laird of Mikey dressing up Leatherhead like a ninja that I found in an archived version of the old TMNT site and the member title is a reference to the old TMNT movies.

• Thumbs Up 1

My new signature tune is a midi of "Kotodama," by Ali Project. The intro theme for Shigofumi: Stories of Last Letter.

My avatar is a colored-in version of a panel in Mythical Detective Loki, showing Loki in his adult form. People say I look like the series' version of Loki, but this Loki has a devilish level of handsomeness that I don't (even want to have). (I'm not the only one to say he could be associated with the devil in the absurd looks department. The comparison was made in a 2015 book.) He's the god of mischief, of course his looks are incalculably great.

My avatar and member title are technically a combination of two different Japanese Sonic fanart pieces. 

The avatar is from one of several gijinka pieces by this artist. Fun fact; 9 out of 10 Japanese gijinka will feature Espio with a long-ass pony tail*.

The member title was from the text of a different fanart entirely; they'd labelled up the Chaotix, and while I couldn't work out Charmy's, I realised Vector and Espio used one simple repeated Katakana, and when I looked it up they were "mama" and "papa". The particular collection of fanart it was from wasn't particularly ship-heavy either, as strange as that may sound.  

*Certified by the British Dental Association.

My first avatar was this picture of Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 270:

Spoiler

ProfilePic.png

Then I cropped it, and then edited it in GIMP to remove some foreground and background objects. This is going to be my avatar for the time being:

Spoiler

CustomProfilePic.png

Except for tomorrow, that is. Tomorrow I'll be using this Hedgehog Day variant:

Spoiler

ProfilePicHDV.png

Happy Hedgehog Day!

Right now, my avatar is one of the few anime characters intended to be voluptuous that I can handle. Yuuko Kanoe, the titular character of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia.

If you are not familiar, she has departed... her body and is a ghost. She has a tendency to tease her still-living friend in a number of ways that should appeal to most teenage boys. Ah..., I wish I had black hair like her's.

Yuuko reminds me of myself in a few ways that I can't say without spoiling major parts of the story.

Though one question still haunts me..., since she is in love with someone is still alive, would it even be possible to be parents and have a demighost? I guess this is like the Pregnant Ranma Problem.

I'm Soldier: 76, from Overwatch.

I don't remember why my avatar is that. I think I mained him once upon a time?

Maybe I'll change it, but not now. It's my identity, currently.

My username is the surname for a French vampire I (poorly) draw (though I haven't drawn much of anything in a couple of years). I've been using it as my online handle for quite some time, including YouTube, Xbox LIVE (before my 360 RRoD'd), and even Pokémon: Black Version.

…however my avatar (as of this writing) is an illustration of a laughing Dr. Robotnik from the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 instruction manual; hey, it's a Sonic forum, it was my first Sonic game, and the simple drawing always amused me. :P

My signature is also a video game reference—the old PlayStation ad slogan, "You Are Not Ready." I tend to use it here and there, although I also considered repeating my signature from "Giant in the Playground" and simply linking to some Dungeons & Dragons: 3rd Edition resources of mine: a spell called Quintessa's dweomer drain, a hordling generator (fiends of the Gray Wastes of varied form and power), and class tables for Unearthed Arcana's "battle sorcerer" (for those who don't want to figure out the spells per day/spells known).

My "rank" is my Amateur Radio call sign originally owned by a grand uncle; I don't get on the air all that often, so unfortunately I've let my "Amateur Extra" skills lapse a bit.

Avatar is Tails from the Sonic Megadrive comic. (First one). That face he pulls as Knuckles tells his story is pretty funny.Tyson Heese's work is bloody amazing and makes me feel hyped for Overdrive.

Signature is a funny part of the Mega Man variant #52. The Bald is Beautiful variant is still hilarious even though it's been two years since Worlds Unite happened.

It's that time again: February 11th (or 12th for some of you depending on where you are in the world!) and that means it's my SSMB anniversary! :) 2017 marks my 5th year being here. In line with what I usually do to "celebrate" is another avatar change. I honestly was very tempted to keep my previous SatAM avatar as it represented a lot of my favorites regarding Sonic among other things of significance but I'd figured I would continue the "tradition" I've established here regarding my avatars. I've had a Sonic-related avatar since Day 1 here at the SSMB and since 2013 I've used an avatar with at least Sonic and Tails in it and this year will be no different. After many choices of the best buds to choose from, I went with this one from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (AoStH):

oylwUKP.png?1

Specifically Episode 16 "Tails' New Home". And rather than explaining what happened in this scene as Sonic is giving Tails a noogie with big smiles all around, I'd rather show you:

In addition to being absolutely cute and playful, to me this was the most heartwarming moment in the entire Sonic the Hedgehog series and definitely one of my favorites as I absolutely love the brotherly love between Sonic and Tails. It's my favorite thing in the entire series!

That said, my signature remains the same as it is the infamous bro-fist between Sonic and Tails from one of the ending cutscenes from Sonic Colors, which is one of my favorite video games of all-time. The only change is a addition of a quote from Richard Bach that I put at the very end of my signature. It contains six words that I feel in its simplicity has a lot of power and definitely words to live by. The quote from John Madden which really impressed me regarding humility and having class in a nutshell and the middle quote that I saw on a bumper sticker that I felt was some really good advice still remains in my sig. I've had members tell me they appreciated those quotes so keeping them there made sense to me seeing that it has helped others as that is something I really enjoying doing. :)

When it comes to changing avatars here at the SSMB, it will likely still continue to be an anniversary thing for me due to me liking this one and having no desire to change things often. I definitely plan on keeping them Sonic-related. As for my signature, who knows if I will ever change it as I have no desire to do so. Besides, Sonic and Tails being best friends and the brotherly love between them across all forms of media is my favorite thing in the entire Sonic series and I absolutely love it! Especially by means of this gesture between them ^_^

• Thumbs Up 7

• 3 weeks later...

My combo for March celebrates all things Switch with an all-around nod to that delightful Parental Controls video starring everyone's favorite terrapin draconid and his spawn. Avatar is a still from said video that Ninty has up on their Switch site.

Taking a brief break from my regularly scheduled "George Reeves portraying Clark Kent" persona to celebrate the release of more amazing Sonic CD concept art. I chose the pic of Sonic smoking that was used as a sign for a staff room. To me it just really captures the sense of attitude and "cool" that Sonic encapsulates, in a way that's usually never seen because of his child-friendly public image, while at the same time also feeling pleasingly odd and unfitting. A winning, self-contradictory combination, if you ask me.

(Public service announcement: Smoking is actually very bad for you. Getting lung cancer is not cool.)

Believe it or not, it also relates back to George Reeves in a way - Reeves was a smoker, but quit so as to not set a bad example for the millions of kids who knew him as Superman.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been on a Marvel kick lately thanks to a random purchase at a Books-A-Million, so decided to reflect that for my April combo with a Scarlet Spider theme! Avatar depicts the version of him from Ultimate Spider-Man who's kind of a hybrid of different parts of both Ben and Kaine from the comics. Member title is a little reference to an aspect of him from said show.

• 1 month later...

Didn't really have anything planned for a May combo, so just decided to fall back on my complete fanboyism of Slash from TMNT. This time around, I'm utilizing his icon from TMNT Legends, a turn-based RPG-esque iOS/Android game that I've been playing a lot lately and would certainly recommend if you're a big fan of the Nick show. Pretty much every important character is playable in addition to variants, original cartoon/comic and OOTS movie characters, and Bebop and Rocksteady dressed like bunnies. (Only catch is that it takes a LONG time to unlock and level up certain characters, including Slash, to my frustration.) Said icon came from the official press materials recently released by said game on their Facebook page, so it comes complete with a neat transparency that makes it look all nice when I use it as an avatar. Member title is a reference to Slash's class in the game.

I've changed my name to the name I use everywhere, Polkadi (which i have no idea how to pronounce), so of course, there are changes.

My avatar is 2D from Gorillaz, a cutout from a group photo shown off in Q Magazine from a few weeks back. I like it, so I made him my avatar.

My signature, well... I really like music, and I want to share the music I like. So every month, I'll recommend an album. They will not be seasonal themed, they will simply change based on albums I enjoyed that I want to share. Currently, it's Humanz by Gorillaz. It's a fun album with many a funky tune. Highlights include Strobelite, Saturnz Barz, Momentz, Submission, Charger, and She's My Collar. The next album to be featured may relate to two French robots...

my avatar is from dan howell's latest liveshow he did yesterday, and my signature is from a video that dan did on youtube, tbh i cant remember which one..oops

Changing my theme to Bea and Amy to a limited time to show my hype for the Robots From The Skye arc!

It's going be hard to part with this avi and sig ... maybe I'll keep them.