Awoo.

The Avatar and Signature Topic

Superstrider

I too changed for the Robots in the Sky hype!

Burn Bot issue one of the favourite robots of mine, maybe the design looks similar to the Egg Dragoon a bit. Icon is him as Judge Bot from Don't Judge Me.

I think I'll switch the signature to him hitting the gavel randomly, one funny moment during that episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I've now got a silly lil' Rotor pic from an Archie Sonic Off-Panel that Evan Stanley drew as my avatar!

And I've abandoned monthly album recommendations on the fact that they TAKE SO LONG! I find so many different bits of music! So, I've changed it to a fortnight instead of a month!

And this fortnight's recommendation is DAFT PUNK'S RANDOM ACCESS MEMORIES!! This album is nothing short of incredible, with pure sound and joy flowing through the speakers. The album contains many great songs like Get Lucky, Instant Crush, Fragments of Time, Doin' It Right, Touch, Within, Giorgio by Moroder... Forget it, ALL the songs are great and are a must listen. Do enjoy! Get it on iTunes, Google Play, CD, Vinyl, whatever you prefer.

• Thumbs Up 1

June combo comes just in time for E3 and the likely Superstar Saga remake announcement therein with a Starlow theme! Sure, she didn't appear until Bowser's Inside Story, but I wanted to rock a Mario & Luigi avatar for the occasion and I thought showing the ambassador to the Star Sprites some love would be more interesting than other options. Display name is rocking her catchphrase while my rank pokes fun at the fact that literally EVERYONE else but me seems to dislike her. Avatar is courtesy of an awesome Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam illustration by the equally awesome JamesmanTheRegenold. Check out his Nintendo art here. If you love cartoony artwork and games, he's definitely one to keep an eye on!  

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

My avatar is Sonic's first cat, Honey! ... Though since she wasn't actually in a game till the HD ports and was just a Fighting Vipers I guess Big still holds that role, lol

Sig is a nostalgic credits scene from the original Dragon Ball and my purpose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still on that Marvel kick, so in honor of Spider-Man Homecoming, my July combo is dedicated to my current favorite comic duo, Spider-Man and Deadpool. Seriously, if you love both characters and haven't picked up their buddy book yet, please do. Their chemistry is great and their various adventures are some of the most entertaining comics I've ever read.

• 3 weeks later...

So... It's back to funny faced avatars for me. It's usually from Sonic but this time I decided to use one from one of the Mickey Mouse shorts for the time being.

The face is from the Spit Decision short where-

Spoiler

Donald is split into two moods in order to make him feel better: Happy Donald, and Angry Donald, which was made from lots of Donald's anger. When Angry Donald comes out, this is the face Ludwig Von Drake makes.

My current avatar was something I made in the hype of Crash N Sane Trilogy. I love how Coco is portrayed there, and in terms of 'little sibling bromance' relationships in video games, Sonic and Tails tend to dominate most minds, but I think these two are adorable.

My avatar is Dr.Robotnik from The adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Not much to say other than Robotnik/Eggman I'd my favourite sonic character and I like the show.

They should have called it The adventures of Dr.Robotnik because he's the highlight of the show IMO. 

I've made my avatar Viper from Titanfall 2! He'll suffice until I finally draw my own avatar.

I really do like the character. He's a boss in the game, and is the hardest one, especially on higher difficulties. And unlike other bosses, who taunted you and had their own reasons to kill you, Viper got shit done. He didn't stop to show off, he went and did his job. "Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide." He flies around, sniping you, firing salvos of rockets at you, and sending other enemies to distract you. He'd dodge your attacks, taunting "speed is life, son," before you finally think you've killed him. His Titan then flies off, cratering into the ground below...

Spoiler

Surprise, he didn't die! He flies up, rams into you and your Titan, and rips off your Titan's arm! Your Titan rips off his Titan's cockpit, you shoot him dead with whatever gun you got in your hands, and it's over.

And my signature, well... :)

I wanted to update my profile pic as a way to pay tribute to the Archie comics so I decided to update my profile pic from a picture of Tails from Issue #270, to a different picture of Tails from Issue #270. So, I took this picture...

AvengeMe.thumb.PNG.bf99ebab16e405a6cf8053973a4ed7ac.PNG

...and edited it into this image:

NewProfilePic.thumb.png.b549e877153e4296037d1a803490405d.png

(which I would crop). However, while I was doing that, I accidentally made this image...

CoolAccident.thumb.png.47577060280d0474ba9250653b00199a.png

... which I thought looked pretty cool. So, now this is my new profile pic.

What do you think?

August combo celebrates the American release of Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2: Determination with a Vikemon theme! Art is him from tri. and member title is a reference to his attack.

Yep. Still Tails fan. Therefore Tails avatar it is. Though I definitely need to update my signature if it still there.

Mine is from the picture I bought specifically to be my avatar. (full pic can be seen on DeviantArt, my account by the same name)

Like my user name, it is combination of my favorite villains, representing different media

Metal (Sonic) for games

Skulker (Danny Phantom) for television

Bane (DC) for comic books

(Admittedly resemblance to Skulker is small, but it looks awesome anyway)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

September combo celebrates everyone's favorite less-than-bright henchmutants! Yep, Bebop and Rocksteady are getting the spotlight in honor of their upcoming Tales of the TMNT 80's crossover arc hitting DVD in September! Avatar is courtesy of a Kevin Eastman variant cover from the amazing IDW mini-series, Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything.

My avatar is the High Priestess from Magical Drop, it's kinda like the "shoot the balls" version of Puyo Puyo or Puzzle League (Or Bust A Move which is already a game like that)

Do you know that the characters from the games are named after Tarot Cards? Yep, there is one called The World.

I'm good at it and it's cute and fun so it's a good stress reliever game.

• 5 weeks later...

Marking October with a Flutterbat theme, celebrating Halloween as well as the debut of the MLP Movie in theaters! Avatar is from Issue 33 of the IDW FiM comics and the rank is a reference to a specific episode title.

• 2 weeks later...

The avatar is Infinite with a glitchy background. Kinda cool.

And the signature is an advertisement for EGG TV found in Studiopolis Zone Act 2 in Sonic Mania. With the borders also being from the same zone, but from the boss, but edited to fit the EGG TV ad.

Avatar is Symmetra in her Vampire skin from Overwatch's Halloween Terror event last year. She's my favourite character in the series.

Signature showcases the series that I'm into. I recently got into Ducktales!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

OK, trying to get in the Halloween spirit so I chose a spooky avatar from a music video of an obscure artist best known for contributing to the Sonic 3 soundtrack. I can barely even remember his name myself, to be honest. Michael Jillson or something?

• Chuckle 1

It’s Knuxie from Sonic Mania! <3 Not doing the Halloween avatar shtick this year, so I’m just keeping the Knuckles one for who knows how long! Probably till Christmas. 

November celebrates the release of Forces with an Infinite theme. While the member title is a reference to his eponymous theme song, the avatar is something I whipped up in MS Paint using his art from the boxart combined with the Mario & Sonic flags to represent the members of Eggman's forces. (Except for Chaos, obviously, who I represented with an Emerald sprite with blue cracks in it.)