Awoo.

The Avatar and Signature Topic

Superstrider

@Kiah I really love your new avatar. I always like your avatars, how Sonic-y they are and how they capture friendship, and this has the additional advantage of having Knuckles in it :P Doesn't hurt that it's reminiscent of Sonic Heroes to me, which isn't my favorite Sonic game but is the first one I played, so it gives me pleasant nostalgic vibes.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

Thought I pop in and do a plug connected to my avatar.

I bought the avatar you currently see from a lovely artist called Snowify from DA. She does some pretty good stuff and has a lovely colouring style.

Here is the link to the work itself https://snowify.deviantart.com/art/AVATAR-Ray-328578341

And here is her DA page if you wanna check her out https://snowify.deviantart.com/

So yeah, if you ever wonder where I got the avatar from, now you know!

• Thumbs Up 2

mine's a gif of a sleepy good boy, which will be very ironic when i get immensely hyped for something and the picture right beside it is of a sleeping... whatever kirby is supposed to be.

my signature is a clever use of another gif to showcase my small, small PSN trophy list.

My avatar is the whole cast of one my favorite cheesy anime comedies, Doki Doki School Hours.

It's from the same company that animated Azumanga Daioh, but I like this one's cheese more.

It's one of those "turn off your brain and enjoy the unrealistic fun" sorts of anime.

• 2 weeks later...

March combo celebrates the return of everyone's favorite bounty hunter (as well as the start of my playthrough of her latest adventure) with a Samus Returns theme! Especially proud of the display name on this one, as it kinda fits perfectly. XD

The Merchant from Resident Evil 4. A mysterious, magnificent bastard, who might just be the greatest character in anything ever.

My avatar and signature come from the game Celeste. Awesome game, I highly recommend it for the story, gameplay, controls, and amount of fun I've had with it.

Oh, I haven't made a post about my new avatar yet.

My avatar is Yusuke Kitagawa from Persona 5, in his Phantom Thieves attire as Fox. Don't know why I chose him, but he's a charming character in a game full of charming characters (and evil fuckers).

You'll notice a few members sneaking around here with Phantom Thieves avatars... Joker, Makoto, Haru and Futaba are just some of the few around that I know of.

Yuru Camp is fun and Rin is my favorite character in it so far. I also thought the GIF was cute.

On 28 February 2018 at 1:06 AM, Biggs98 said:

The Merchant from Resident Evil 4. A mysterious, magnificent bastard, who might just be the greatest character in anything ever.

Agreed!......... Stranger.

• Fist Bump 1

My current Amitie avatar was chosen for reasons. Admittedly, it represents an uncertain future for myself. I don't know where things will go from here.

Kinda feel like I've been drifting about lately. This avatar stood for a while now, and it still fits, for better or worse.

I'm in a Xenoblade 2 craze at the moment and think Morag is the best Driver out of the bunch.

• 2 weeks later...

April combo celebrates the start of the 25th Anniversary crossover event, Shattered Grid, running in Boom! Studios' Mighty Morphin Power Rangers comics. If you don't know, said event revolves around a corrupted Tommy Oliver from another universe beginning an all-out assault on every Ranger team across the franchise with an army of mass-produced Ranger Sentries. (You can click here to check out a siiiiiiiiick live-action prelude video.) My avatar is taken from my favorite of the revealed covers so far from the event, one for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #28, with Power Rangers SPD and RPM joining forces to fight back against some Sentries. I focused particularly on one Commander Anubis "Doggie" Cruger, as he's one of my personal favorite Rangers. 

My avatar is Veronica from Fire Emblem Heroes, I relate to her because I too am lonely and want a lot of friends.

She looks pretty smug here, doesn't she?

Recent avatars of mine were annoyed/unamused expressions and since April is the month for IDW Sonic, I decided to go for a more happier avatar. Here's Tangle drawn by Jennifer Hernandez, which looks really nice.

Signature is just some game music. Ace Attorney Justice For All had the best Confess the Truth theme.

• 4 weeks later...

I fashioned myself a fitting new avatar.

For a fitting new occasion, getting the band back together again!

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

I fashioned myself a fitting new avatar.

For a fitting new occasion, getting the band back together again!

giphy.gif

I did the exact same thing (Unknowingly) seven minutes later!

tailsBOOM!

With that amazing new animation, decided to change my profile pic to Knuckles and Mighty fistbumping!

• Nice Smile 1

May's avatar features a Darkwing Duck theme in honor of his upcoming cameo in the episodes of the new DuckTales show airing next month. (Also because I've been watching all of the not-on-DVD OG DW episodes on my computer lately.) Avatar is a picture of said cameo while display name references his famous intro and member title is an original bit added to it based on the cameo. 

Avatar is a cute panel from IDW Sonic issue 4. I have the last shot of that Mania + trailer as a cover photo since it's pretty good.

EDIT 5/5/18: I've changed it to a painting called Cosmic Entity, but a bit brighter. It looks really cool.

Cosmic Entity

• 2 weeks later...

My avatar is of Isamu Alva Dyson from the OVA/movie Macross Plus from 1994, which I personally consider to be the epitome of the Macross franchise... plus I think the mecha genre needs more characters like him.

tumblr_oxd8ub0Q3r1ul1o9jo1_540.png

The signature is the YF-19 from the same show, and while the original VF-1 Valkyrie will always be a revolutionary and timeless design IMO, there is something about the YF-19 that made it a favorite within the Macross fandom (as well as my personal choice) that enjoys the same status as the VF-1, something that future VF's from sequel shows like the VF-25 or the VF-31 never really achieved.

640?cb=20110911152233

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Starting up the E3 Sonic Racing announcement hype train a little early with June's combo, highlighting Shadow and his Dark Rider. (Kinda hope he goes back to it for the upcoming racer or at least drives something similar to it, as I feel a bike suits Shadow a bit more than a giant armored thingy. Also, he really likes it. Just read Treasure Team Tango.) Avatar is an original render of them from the first ASR.