Awoo.

The Avatar and Signature Topic

Superstrider

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate was revealed at E3 and it was dope, and I'm drowning in hype,etc.

So my Avatar is Bayonetta from one of the official arts. The official arts look really gorgeous and huge.

My signature is 3 small smash icons, from Bayonetta to Sonic to Pokemon (Lucario specifically).

• Nice Smile 1

Changed avatar to Naoto Shirogane to promote the ongoing Persona stream on SSMB!

Why the Persona Q artstyle?

naoto-personaq-concept-artwork.jpg

Because it's the cutest style I've ever seen.

• Thumbs Up 2

My anger over yesterday has gone. All that's left is bitterness and shame. My new username reflects that. But I wanted a new avatar that still contained a smiling character, because being able to smile is nice and should be treasured.

It's my wish to make people smile. Anybody that stands in the way of that, will earn my contempt. So remember to smile and give other people a reason to smile. Because we have enough scum in this world, why would you want to increase that number?

My avatar is my only OC I made, which wears a red hoodie, black combat vest, black fingerless gloves, blue jeans, grey sneakers, and black elbow and knee pads. Physical features are black hair, light skin, brown eyes, and a skinny arms. I actually made the design of my OC in Ghost Recon Wildlands when experimenting with customization options with my operative and thought that it looked good. I would've had a picture of it if my PS4 was with me in Washington. As for my signature, I honestly didn't really put much thought into it and decided to have it like what it is right now because I'm more of a gamer than anything else.

In honor of the blowout of Gravity Falls stuff releasing next month (including an actual licensed complete Blu-ray set with gobs of special features and a comic with new stories), my July theme is Grunkle Stan! Though, more specifically, his visage as seen in my absolute favorite gag from the series that I cropped my avatar for so as to not to spoil it for those who haven't seen the show. Watch it. It's literally the best.

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't really have anything special lined up for my birth month combo, so decided to go for something random and silly from The Brak Show! Said thing is an absurd parody of Zorak created by Brak named Zorator who, for some reason, has Skeletor's body and Lewis Black's voice. That's all there is to it.

Haven't posted here in a while... So, I have a new avatar and a new signature!

My avatar is Atsuko "Akko" Kaguri from the short film Little Witch Academia (you should watch it, it's great!), in a moment where she is REALLY determined! Lacking interest in her boring magic classes (they really aren't as fun as you'd think...), she just found out one of her classes is doing a challenge that her idol did when she was at this school, and is all fired up and ready to go!

As for my signature, it has a quote from the game Persona 5, from Ryuji Sakamoto. On it's own, it's a great quote by a great character from a great game!

my avatar is cropped from the amazing press garden art made for the japan exclusive sonic mania plus soundtrack CD!

my signature now includes my lbp.me profile.

Previous Avatar was Blue Diamond from Steven Universe, she looked pretty in the Reunited episode!

The current Avatar is Neo Metal Sonic from the IDW comics and holy show ABT knocked it out of the park with the art for issue 7.

Signature is apparently a loading Sprite from Team Sonic Racing. I remember using a loading sprite from Sonic Forces so I thought why not from a game that's currently in the works?

• 3 weeks later...

September combo brings in some Digimon Adventure tri. love for the dub premiere of the final part of it. Figured something with Meiko as a focus would be appropriate since she's the big new character. (Also Tai because leader and Mimi because she's amazing and tri. really made me realize just how amazing she was.)

Maria Renard from Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.

She's so cute! What I really like about her is that she may seem like a little girl, but in reality she is quite badass.

I've been interested in Castlevania lately, and after I'm done with my September exams I want to try and start with IV. 

EDIT: It's Ritcher now lol

• 1 month later...

The Halloween season has arrived and with it, a new spooky combo! Just recently finished marathoning the entire series of South Park for the first time and currently playing through Stick of Truth on the Switch, so I figured I'd give the series a nod for my Halloween change! Kenny is one of my favorite characters, so my avatar reflects his Iron Man costume from the 2012 Halloween special, "A Nightmare on FaceTime." (One of the rare times that he's not muffled!) Rank is a little Kenny version of Tony Stark's whole "Genius, Billionaire, etc." bit that I made up!

It's October and YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS-

Its been a while since I used anything Overwatch related so for this month it's gonna be Sombra wearing the Demon Hunter skin.

She looks like she stepped into the world of Assassin's Creed or something. I thought the skin was a deep green color (which honestly suits better) but it's murky brown.

Signature retains the small smash icons for Smash Ultimate hype and the loading sprite for team Sonic racing (despite me not having much interest in racing games).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why I keep my sig like that. It hasn't changed in a while. I've played many other games since completing Shadow of the Colossus, like...….Puppo and...…..Neptunia VIIR and.....wait...I think that's all of them...

Anyway, for the time of year that I actually don't give any damn for, I changed me avathingie to that of a certain badass freaking overlord and his daughter from the future. Because family matters, even when you're a badass freaking overlord and have suddenly learned you have a daughter from the future. But you would've learned that much sooner if NISA bothered to localise the game that introduced her, which was also a port of the original Makai Kingdom and would've looked at home in my collection!!

….Not that I'm bitter or anything...

• 3 weeks later...

With November finally here, it's time to fully embrace my love for Wreck-It Ralph and excitement for the sequel with a Ralph Breaks the Internet theme! Avatar is courtesy of the cover for the Little Golden Book based on the film.

• 2 weeks later...

December combo rounds out the year with a festive King K. Rool theme in honor of both the obvious upcoming holiday and the King's ushering in as a Smash newcomer next month. Rank is a reference to his boss theme from DKC2 (along with my personal favorite Ultimate remix) while the avatar is courtesy of a German Nintendo Christmas comic where K. Rool attempts to freeze everything and it's up to Diddy to get the help of a random kid to set everything right. As you can tell by his decorations, that plan obviously worked out well for him in the end.

Simple Santa Hat change because why not, even if it's a bit earlier.

Also, i realized i never posted here despite chaning avatar and sig multiple times. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess after Jokers reveal for Smash Ultimate, I decided to go for a Persona 5 avatar lol.

It's Haru Okumura striking a pose. She has a cool Phantom Theives costume!

• 3 weeks later...

Starting off 2019 with an Iggy Koopa theme celebrating the release of the Bowser's Inside Story remake. Art is taken from the official Bowser Jr.'s Journey promo art and everything else is focused on the fact that Iggy seems to be the only Koopaling to make use of a Koopa Clown Car during battle.

phpUNqoGe_c2PM.jpg.6368de288895dfea260d8e3b8002e7f5.jpg

Oh, this little guy?

It all started when I was in my middle school years. I grew a habit of randomly saying "strawberries" which quickly formed to a personal snowclone that I playfully pestered my family with.

You know what's to blame? This Blue's Clues YTP. - (1:12) 

Spoiler

The influence for the Super Berry character itself comes the "A Bugs Life" video game, that had a powerup in it that was called a "super berry." (It powered up the berries you threw) He soon developed from there and became more of his own thing. He's now considered the star of my "dream" series.

20171006_005352-min.thumb.jpg.63ef147c06caebad5a28fd5a984b2b6d.jpg

I went with this admittedly simple design to embody several appealing aspects of various children's cartoons, all while giving his own flare.

Choosing an anthropomorphic fruit as a protagonist I did as a slight twist on shows that star funny animals. Basic shapes and floating Rayman limps makes him a breeze to doodle, and gives me a wide variety of expression to work with. His body and mask color on my plush have been swapped from what I intended to color him as. He has shifted from red to orange as part of being granted his superpowers, but I won't fault anyone who'd initially think he's a carrot. 😋  

I'll guiltily confess that I stole alot of traits from Sonic too, if the eyes, shoes and mischievous demeanor already clued you in. His crescent "banana" mouth is inspired by the mouths designs from both Butch Hartman and Humongous Entertainment; I'll look into how different could if it were less toothy. And his pointy green hair, better shown on the toy, represents his rebellious teenage streak, and covers his head moderately similar to a straw hat. Super Berry has his fingers as his weapon of choice as to make an otherwise mundane gesture look cool and imaginative. And his is yellow cape (who we all know what a certain Pixar character would react) is there to make him look more dated and childish, but still eye-catching. I'm not to sure if I'd call this Super Berry's finalized look just yet, but I feel I'm getting close. I do think he could use a more proper name, but I think I'm too picky on finding one that sounds right without being too common or too weird.

Naturally, I shared my drawings with my (immediate) family, which eventually sparked an idea in my brother's head. Three years ago on Christmas Eve, my brother gave my a custom plushy of Super Berry made by Budsies, created directly from one of my other drawings of him. 😍 One of most treasured holiday memories to this day. One week later, I came down with pneumonia, and spent a week being treated at the hospital. Despite my awful condition, I always looked over on a nearby table, and there was Super Berry, watching and guarding over me. Combined with constant support from family and friends, Super Berry helped keep my spirits high till I recovered at last. Never got real sick ever since. 

But Super Berry is only one of several characters of the series that I've imagined. It has a grand scale concept featuring two sets of characters, and revolves around the concept of how a "world" of western cartoons coexists with an anime "world." I would like to form my own art topic on here someday, so I can share these other characters I've been working on. Alas, I have so little inspiration and motivation to draw, let alone get into making art that I'd constantly add to. Not to mention that I admit I'm very inexperienced and haven't been practicing. Perhaps one day, if I give myself the time, the skill and more importantly the confidence, then maybe I'd be happy to share it on here. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

• 4 weeks later...

KH3 is fast approaching along with February, so it's time for a new combo! Obviously I had to pay tribute to the heavily-anticipated sequel, but also the fact that my boy Ralph got into it! (Only as a summon, but I'll take what I can get.) This theme also works on multiple levels, as Ralph Breaks the Internet comes out on Blu-ray in February as well. Avatar is the conclusion of Ralph's summoning animation from the game, new display name references the name of said summon, and I also threw in a little combo KH/WiR reference for the rank.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to go back to Futaba after discovering that one of my (Several) favourite character designer and artists had drawn her.

wfy747c.jpg

I've not bothered with a Signature for some time now, but decided to change it and have a compilation of characters that have appeared at some stage of my membership here as my avatar.

*Edited*

Found a (Possibly?) better way to showcase past characters that have appeared as my avatar while being a member here. There's 20 in total and...I'm pretty sure that's not all of them. My memory ain't always so reliable. Still, I think it worked out okay. It your bored, you could try to identify them all. The answers are in the spoiler tag below. I made sure to use official material of all the characters.

• Thumbs Up 5