Awoo.

The Avatar and Signature Topic

Superstrider

I know I've been absent for quite a while because reasons, so I have returned for the New Year with an avatar of Kylo Ren.

Because he's cool. And whiny. I like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

A cute fanart of Amitie I found. What's she getting flustered about? I don't know. But it's adorable and she's adorable! :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Decided to do a thing since I've recently been changing my avatar, signature, cover photo, and title every 2 weeks or so. I'm planning to play through most of the Kingdom Hearts games, and with each one, I'm gonna rep a new main character in every game. As you can see right now, my first character is Sora, representing the original Kingdom Hearts!

• Thumbs Up 2

Used the Miraculous Motobug drawing (from the Draw Sonics badly thread) as my avatar! Sadly, it's cropped weird.

• Thumbs Up 1

Two weeks, huh?

Decided it'd be fun to have an avatar of, well, my avatar in Xenoblade Chronicles X! This particular shot comes from the penultimate chapter, and I really loved this scene (I found it kind of funny how much of this particular scene was in every damn story trailer for this game--spoilers much?). My character is decked out in heavy gear from Candid and Credible, with the addition of a face mask from a different set (that happens to go well with it). I basically wanted my character looking like a sci-fi Shredder haha (and I even had a claw accessory at one point, but ditched it so all the armor matched). I'm pretty pleased with how he came out.

I find this pic of Amitie to at least partially describe how I've been feeling; I haven't been in the best of moods with all I've been through.

Though I'd be lying if I said Amitie wasn't adorable in this pic, so...

• 2 weeks later...

New month means new combo, so in honor of recently digging into Rare Replay on my family's Xbox One AND winning something very nice from a Donkey Kong fansite that I'll definitely post about once it gets here, I'm rocking my fave Bear-and-Bird duo! Being that this is a Sonic fansite, the art is from their appearance in the first ASR.

New icon today,  but of course... both are related to my name, NiGHTS. I love NiGHTS as a series and as a character. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I return with my original name! For some a long time I have avoided playing Dangan Ronpa games, despite owning all 3 current titles on the PS Vita. The reason?

I knew that the game was about murder mysteries and I do enjoy a good mystery, but unlike games like Ace Attorney or your typical live action crime drama, you don't usually see the victims alive or are able to get to know them in a more personal level. It increased the probability of a feeling of sadness when a character is killed off and that made me nervous to play the games. But finally playing the games had given me a new perspective on the matter.

While the story is written to make you feel for the characters, being depressed over a character being killed off is not necessary...I think. Like classic Looney Tunes cartoons, fictional characters can't die. They might not have a role in further stories, but they will forever be a part of that franchise. A fact that hit home for me when I saw a number of merchandise of all the characters, not just the surviving ones.

Another thing that helped was the franchise not really being too serious most of the time. Moments of forth wall breaking, parodies, completely bizarre executions, openly mocking itself and a mascot and antagonist who a freakin' bear. Something else the franchise does is it's unique attribute to blood. It's pink. It looks like a person had spilled some strawberry milkshake. (Yum.) 

Still unsure if I could handle the anime, even though I haves gifs from in in my sig. It's different to see those actions in proper animation. Sure, some scenes in the game are animated in a unique way, but not all of them. The third game and my personal favourite does include traditional anime style cut scenes though. Komaru and Toko are my favourite characters. :)

It's also pretty hard to hate the antagonist, Monokuma. What he forces people to do is horrible, but his attitude, voice, tendency to brake the forth wall and constantly joking around, makes him very entertaining to watch. "Buhuhuhu..."

MONOKUMA_WITH_A_STACK_OF_MONEY.jpg

This image of Amitie shows that I'm in a better mood...though it's still not perfect. Working in that peeling line isn't helping, of course, but that's tough on me even in otherwise fine times.

• Thumbs Up 1

Felt like a change, so I went with Shinichi from Parasyte, one of my current favorite shows airing on Toonami. After doing some reading up on the series, I'm really interested in the manga and since Kodansha USA has the license I'm planning to pick up some volumes and see how different it is. Should be interesting.

Spiced up my signature with Ninjago and Skylanders gifs!

The Roleplay and art thread stuff is moved to a spoiler.

My new avatar is Pai from 3x3 Eyes. Yup, she is the little cutie pie I got part of my username from. She is one of the last of a group of beings called Sanjiyan or Triclops. As a total sucker for cute things, her bubbly view and love of food (much like me) are entertaining to watch. She has an alter named Parvati, who is not very nice to put it mildly. Pai is adorably naive.

Hey I got a new avatar and it's another bored amy.

dZySlse.png

I had to spend a few minutes in Paint.NET removing a nasty shadow here that made the small icons look bad, but I think I did pretty well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I decided to try something a bit different. It's a fanart of Arle Nadja I found on Pixiv while searching around.

I still love Amitie to bits, but Arle deserves love, too!

• Thumbs Up 1

So I decided to update my avatar and signature after one of my favourite fictional characters, Proto-Man! More specifically, the Archie version of him (Issue 54 is still one of the best issues btw). I was originally going to add a cool Proto-Man GIF to my signature, but of course, the terrible restrictions meant literally every GIF I wanted to use, despite only being slightly bigger than my current Mega Man one was "larger than the specified dimensions", despite one of the GIFs being 90x200. But whatever. Decided to fill the gap with one of my favourite songs from The Megas based on Blues himself.

This pretty pink goddess here's Huaxian, and she's from the Chinese animated film Little Door Gods.

From what I've seen she might be the goddess of flowers, welding petals and hurling them in lines. 

Man oh man I really love her design!

Nothing's much different. Just took a random photo, used it as my avatar.

My signature includes 3 of the last Sonic games I've played lately and my DA page.

My avatar and a third of my signature  are dedicated to information circumventing the latest Ace Attorney game. Another third shows some certain mains of mine in Smash duking it out! 

Today, I changed my avatar to a Pipo monkey with a formal attire and a pretty badass machine gun from the Ape Escape series.

March combination has arrived a little bit early in honor of Pokemon Day. Featured is Sceptile, one of my absolute favorite starters and the one that represents the Pokemon game that I sunk the absolute most time into, Ruby. Art is taken from his latest appearance as a playable combatant in Pokken Tournament, which also comes out in March, so it works out perfectly!