Awoo.

The Avatar and Signature Topic

Superstrider

First time in a long time I've done a full-on change of anything as opposed to just tweaking. I'm going to be changing it to something else in the long run soon anyway, but that's not come to fruition yet so this is sort of a stop-gap.

Celebrating Mario and Sonic Rio 3DS while waiting for it to come out over here. Even when they're not interactions, it's interesting to see the contrast and similarities between the two (Vector gets upper strength emphasised, Espio gets lower strength emphasised [I think this is the most I've seen him kick ever], and both are super hammy with flips and sentai poses). Tried to think of a quote that could sum up that contrast, and the first thing that came to mind was Parappa the Rapper. Which is weird, because while I own the game (on PS1, it's on a shelf right in front of me), I haven't played it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Combination for April is themed after my current replay of Pokemon SoulSilver, focusing on my personal favorite Rival and one of my favorite trainer designs in general, Silver! Despite that fact that I'M using Totodile in my replay, I put it alongside him in my avatar as a tribute to the excellent Pokemon Adventures manga. (Also because Totodile is my fave Johto starter in general.) Silver's art is taken from the HGSS arc of said manga while Totodile is its main art from the HGSS games.

• 2 weeks later...

Using Sayaka Miki from Puella Magi Madoka Magica as my avatar and as a character in my signature once again after a long hiatus.

Good to have you back!

My avatar is just a picture I took on the last cutscene from the Last Story of Sonic '06.

And my signature is still the same thing with the constantly falling coconuts.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Haalyle said:

My avatar is just a picture I took on the last cutscene from the Last Story of Sonic '06.

You probably won't believe, but I had almost the same avatar back in 2013, haha :D

That's cool.

bUuv7AH.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Spееdy said:

You probably won't believe, but I had almost the same avatar back in 2013, haha :D

That's cool.

bUuv7AH.png

Why wouldn't I believe you? xD Maybe we're one and the same!

I've got a gif of that as my avatar for another forum site.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, since I was dragged in this thread, I'll show my collection of avatar till Christmas 2015. The pictures in red frames were my very first avatars.

E8Br9x5.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Changed my avatar to the ever so elegant Sonic, with a hula hoop between his legs.

And the fancy blue-shoed Sonic doing the SA pose trick in my signature.

May combination is celebrating the fact that May 13th, 2016 is the 20th Anniversary of the US launch of my favorite game in the whole wide world, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars! Avatar is a legendary shot of the game's ending with the heroes standing triumphant as Exor slowly disintegrates and my member title is even a nod to a blurb from the boxart! Hoping Ninty uses this occasion to finally release it on the US eShop (Since Europe and Japan already have it and all) as I'd LOVE to be able to play it on a TV again. (Especially my huge TV. Off-screen play ain't too shabby, either. XD)

It is a 2015 Ford Falcon XR8. (With a Holden Commodore off-screen)

After 56 years in production in Australia, it is going out of production in October 2016. Before that, Ford Australia released the 'Sprint' versions of it with more power for the XR6 and the XR8.

In fact, most car manufacturers like Holden and Toyota are stopping car production in Australia by the end of this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Avatar is still Sonic, after being hit with a sandwich.

Signature is Tails and Sonic fist bumping.

My avatar is King Ramses from Courage the Cowardly Dog with a filter over it in Photoshop. I have actually had King Ramses as my avatar since 2012. I'm not sure if I'll ever change it xD

How many Amitie avatars have I been through now?

Anyways, it's currently this cute fanart. Here's the full image;

qffK7KC.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've always had a Clark Kent-related avatar since coming to this forum, and almost always of George Reeves' portrayal of him, and for a very long time I've had the same gif of George Reeves' Clark changing into Superman in my signature. For the most part, I've been very, very happy with these, since I love the character and actor so much and since it's something unique and reasonably unexpected that people can associate with me.

But now suddenly I'm Misty. For variety :P

idk, I just wanted to break out and do something different I guess. I still love George Reeves, I still love Clark Kent, but I dunno, I have other interests too and a little change is a good thing! I'm sure I'll go back to that marvelous mild-mannered reporter eventually, but for now he's taking a vacation while the Leader of Cerulean represents me =)

Misty has the interesting honor of being one of the only female characters I count among my favorites, even though I'm female myself. I like the idea of having an avatar character with the same gender as I have, since I know I subconsciously think of a person as being their avatar and others might be the same way. I mean, I don't really mind being thought of as a guy, honestly, but it's a way to show my femininity more just for...kicks I guess. ;P

Anyway, Misty is definitely one of my favorite Gym Leaders, she's spunky, self-confident and a pro at Pokemon training, but always looking to improve and can be emotional too. Despite her young age, she still comes across as a powerful and worthy opponent, just like all the other Gym Leaders in that region, and I just love that. She's quite different from me, especially considering her athleticism and tomboyishness, but she's someone I can kinda admire. To be self-confident, good at what I do, not afraid to put myself out there, and full of charming personality...couldn't ask for more, really! So in a sense, she makes a fitting avatar because she is something I aspire to be, in many ways. I chose the specific images I did (her Generation I artwork and a TCG image) because I just love Ken Sugimori's Generation I Pokémon aesthetic.

• Thumbs Up 1

June combo is here and celebrating all the TMNT happenings recently! New movie hits US theaters next week, Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything launches in comic shops soon, and Mutants in Manhattan has just released! That last bit is especially important for my combo, as I've decided to base it around a character who makes his long-anticipated (at least by me) return to the franchise with said game (and apparently BaRDE as well), Wingnut! Username is his favorite insult from the Archie series, member title makes reference to his home star system as well as Superman, and artwork is taken from his portrait in the bosses menu from Mutants in Manhattan!

E2OVfVe.jpg

It's my yearly tradition! The mega avatar of friendship, in this case, I gained so many friends that I almost couldn't fit it in!

Happy best friends day!

• Thumbs Up 6

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to change both my avatar and signature to match.

Basically the good CGI from a Sonic '06 trailer.