Awoo.

The Avatar and Signature Topic

Superstrider

My avatar is a real person, for a change.

Sergio Gutiérrez Benítez AKA Fray Tormenta is the real life inspiration for Nacho Libre and King from Tekken. He is like the lucha dore equivalent of Robin Hood, in my opinion. A priest going into tournaments, not for fame, but to get the money for orphanages. He may have retired, but he still wears the mask at services.

As someone who wants to help suffering children, even if it means getting sick for a month, I just had to pick him. I don't even follow fighting and think he's a hero. I like to use King in Tekken simply because he is a tribute to this living legend.

• Thumbs Up 1

July combo honors the Blue Blur's big 25 just in time for Mega Drive and his party at SDCC with a rare Sonic avatar! Image is courtesy of Sonic Channel's commemoration wallpaper for Sonic's 23rd in 2014. Happy Birthday, Sonic! No matter what the future holds or the gaming public at large may think of you, you'll always be a big part of my life that has given me SO much joy and I'll always treasure the experiences you've brought me. (Plus, it's just still extremely rad to always have a favorite gaming series that was born in the same year as me. XD) Can't wait to finally read Mega Drive and see that new game in the coming month! :D

I decided to take another break from my Clark Kent avatar and signature to another Gym Leader - what better way to celebrate the Fourth of July than with the Lightning American himself, Lt. Surge? :P A bit ironic, considering Superman is also an extremely "American" character (even if he's an illegal immigrant, lol), but just doing the same thing I do for most of the other 364 days of the year wouldn't seem like much of a celebration. I have to say, I really adore Ken Sugimori's artwork of the Gym Leaders he did for the Gym Heroes/Gym Challenge expansion. The image I chose for my signature is especially perfect, in my opinion - just look at Lt. Surge with his faithful Raichu spying on the enemy! And Surge looks so serious too, even though he's sitting next to a Raichu using binoculars...

• 3 weeks later...

Now that Sonic's party has passed with a whopping TWO awesome-looking new games in its wake, it's time for my August combo! Since my Birthday's in August, I decided to go with a theme based on something that I've been really into this past year: Transformers! Specifically I rewatched both Beast Wars AND Beast Machines (In honor of the 20th Anniversary) along with watching both the original Robots in Disguise anime and Armada in full for the first time. Watching RID in particular was fruitful because it led me to discovering one of my new absolute favorite TFs: the robotic shark poet known only as Sky-Byte! My avatar celebrates this by uniting him and my OTHER absolute favorite TF, Waspinator, in an amazing karaoke duet, courtesy of a panel from IDW's The Transformers: Robots in Disguise #33! Topping it all off to make this combo completely me is the Space Ghost: Coast to Coast reference in my member title.

My avatar is an Iris flower. Purple happens to be one of my preferred colors for symbolic reasons. I figured this would be an artistic pun to honor the late Yuko Mizutani, who voiced Iris in Megaman X4. RIP, Mihoshi/Miyuki Aiba/Minnie Mouse (Japan)/Luchs/Chocolate Misu. Your voice will be missed. What am I posting for? To honor your work.

As much well-deserved flack as Penders' Knuckles comics get, the art was pretty good at times (and sometimes not so good, even from the good artists, but whatever). There's one panel at the end of an issue in which Knuckles puts on his hat from the OVA...he doesn't keep it in the next issue, unfortunately, but it's still adorable-looking for the moment, at least! Seriously, from the moment I saw this panel, I knew it could be a potential avatar. It's just that charming and great, especially for a Knux fan like myself! And as much as I love Clark Kent, this is a Sonic forum, so I gotta have my favorite Sonic character as my avatar every once in a while, don't I? It's especially fitting now, with all this Sonic hype going on, to have an Sonic-related avatar.

I didn't want to banish Clark completely, though...thankfully, I recently found a lovely picture of Clark with his Daily Planet friends that was perfect for a signature. I've never before showcased Clark's friends in my avatars or signatures, only Clark himself, but they're a big part of why I like Superman too (though not nearly as big, lol), so it's about time, huh? Just looking at that picture reminds me of a lot I love about the Adventures of Superman show.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is Lapis Lazuli from Steven Universe, from the episode Alone at Sea. 

I really like this shot of her seconds before she punches Jasper out of the ship. So I thought it would be a nify avatar. It was really difficult to screen cap at the right time since that lasted for a few seconds.

My signature contains gifs from the upcoming Sonic games. Sonic Mania, Sonic Generations 2  Sonic '17, and Sonic Boom:Fire and Ice! I also linked my art topic and tumblr.

I'll probably go back to that Knuckles avatar soon, but I gotta throw a little party about one of my favorite Pokemon getting an awesome variant! <3 Plus, it's blue and spiky, so it's relevant to Sonic

IgS0x4C.jpg

An Amitie image I comissioned, and wow...I dunno about you, but I find it one of the best images of Amitie I've ever seen...and that I played a part in it happening...man, it's wild. In a good way, of course.

You can find the image here if you wanna see the original link.

• Thumbs Up 1

My sig is the literal Spanish translation of "Sonic the Hedgehog", which also doubles as "the sonic hedgehog", sonic as an adjective. I usually don't like literal translations, but I think this one sounds really well.

My current avatar is just Classic Eggman, not much more to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Decided I wanted to rep a new character from a franchise I haven't done yet. Similarly, I happened to be doing several things Dragon Ball related (I.E, Watched Battle of Gods/Resurrection F, playing Dokkan Battle, and trying to earn the platinum trophy in Xenoverse), so I decided to rep a Dragon Ball character. It ended up coming down to my three favourite characters, Android #18, Towa, and Trunks. As you can see, my absolute favourite character Trunks won out, and I went with ol' Super Saiyan Trunks ready to battle with his sword. Similarly, I like the member title I picked to go along with it (Warrior from the Future. For those who aren't into Dragon Ball, Trunks is a warrior from the future who traveled back in time to stop the threat of the Androids in his timeline). I also want to take a minute to give a shout out to @ThePrinceOfSaiyajins, who's currently repping Vegeta and allowed for some damn funny status updates :U.

And since I couldn't find any good Trunks gifs that fit into SSMB's signature restrictions (Can we please have that increased?), so I decided to place a video of one of my favourite moments in all of Dragon Ball in there (Vegeta's bingo dance) and top it off with my favourite line from the entire franchise ("I never figured Vegeta for such a poor song and dance man").

• Thumbs Up 1

My current avatar may seem like a normal puppy, but I assure you that he's much larger and scarier in his true form.

He bit off a god's hand and was to remain chained up until the final battle. His brother is a snake and his sister is a half-rotting giantess.

Does that ring any bells? No? 

Well, this is the Mythical Detective Loki version of Fenrir/Fenris Wolf. One of the three children of Loki and Angrboda. He's not very nice to Jormungand...

• Thumbs Up 1

Amitie from Puyo Puyo Chronicle. I hope, but don't expect the game to come to the west, but at least I got a new image of Amitie to use, so that makes me happy.

My avatar is Super Sayian God Goku from Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods/ Dragon Ball Super. It's my favourite transformation in the series, and its a pretty underrated one.

Decided to go back to using funny/odd faces from the sonic comics as avatars! This one here is Hood going ARE YOU KIDDING ME in Eggman's Dozen.

Been on a Hyper Dimensional kick. I haven't completed any of them yet (except for Producing Perfection.) and I own all 7 of them that are currently on the Vita and can't wait for Vs Sega Girls. It's all so super kawaii and I get a sense of satisfaction when I spot a reference. XD

My favourite character is Noire. She has a desire for friendship that I can relate to.

• Thumbs Up 1

My avatar is Mike Begum, AKA Brolylegs.

If you have no idea who he is, he has arthrogryposis multiplex congenita, but that does not stop him from kicking butt in fighting games. I've seen him play Street Fighter 4 as Chun-Li and he is mind-blowingly tough. Oh, and he likes Dragon Ball GT. He is basically the Bruce Lee of fighting game players with physical handicaps. He may have to spend his life in a wheelchair, but he is a divine hero, in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently, mine is the adult form of Canal Vorfeed from Lost Universe. I used the alternate spelling of her last name, Volphied when I joined here in the past, then to my surprise, we had a new member going by the name @Volphied, when I tried to change my name in the past. 

I've already discussed her positive effects on my health, so I'll leave it at that.

September combo celebrates the American theatrical release of Digimon Adventure tri. with some love to one of my favorite Digimon (and Digimon evolution lines in general) from the original Adventure series, Kabuterimon. Image comes from an adorable group shot of the kids and their Champion level Digimon just hanging out that...I honestly have no idea where it came from. I just found it on Google Image Search and it looks like it's printed on a bootleg DVD set or something, so...I dunno. Could be copped official art, could be really well done fanart. Not sure. Still adorable, though. Display name is a reference to Kabuterimon's attack and member title is a nod to the show's title. Simple stuff. Can't wait to see tri. in a couple weeks!

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing that I adore looking at in video games is concept art, and Sonic Boom is no exception. Since I like the TV show so much, I decided to choose an expression from Sonic Boom concept art. I like this one because I think Sonic looks really cute and mischevious. What are you up to, little hedgehog? :P

My avatars in the future are probably also going to be concept art I like.

• Thumbs Up 1

Right now, it's Rosalie from Tactics.

She reminds me of someone in real life, so I figured it would fit.