Awoo.

The Avatar and Signature Topic

Superstrider

My avatar is jacksepticeye from a cool collection of photos he posted on twitter, tumblr, and instagram. my signature is from the mlp movie!

My avatar is now the Sonic Channel artwork of Infinite! I'm not sure who the artist of the Sonic Channel pics are, but they are quite an inspiration to my style, I like it.

The avatar is more specifically from the Sonic Channel mobile wallpaper for Infinite.

I recently changed this, so no Forces Avi from me.

Instead it's an avatar of the demon queen Wraitheria Ballerina from Ava's Demon. That pose and color scheme here really works!

Signature is still Symmetra in her Dragon skin. Which is close enough for a demon I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 1

Previous avatars were taken from Spaz's covers for the Archie series, specifically #54 and #163.

This month I was in the mood for a change, so I went with this piece of the new Rainbow Rocket grunt by Azuumori.

Signature images are my favorite blurb from VA-11 Hall-A and a piece of Gladion with his Silvally which I adore. I actually couldn't choose between the two, so I ended up using both (and the file sizes are small enough they aren't an issue)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this is a highly unusual and experimental avatar. I was messing around with the SVG of the Firefox logo and created an interesting variant, and I guess I wanted to show it off somewhere. Pretty weird thing to use for an avatar, though, especially on a Sonic message board xP On the other hand, it's fitting because I'm feeling really enthusiastic about Firefox lately. Yeah, feeling that way about a web browser is kinda...dorky. I won't deny it. Butlet me expound on why for just a minute.

It's very unlikely anyone noticed or remembers, but some time ago I actually made some posts about how I was feeling more jaded with Firefox. The reason why was because in the upcoming version 57, they're going to remove the original Firefox extensions system so that only WebExtensions are available. Basically, it used to be that Firefox extensions were nearly unlimited and could do almost anything, but they're changing it to use an extension system more similar to that used by Google Chrome and some other browsers. This does cause there to be some limitations compared to what extensions used to be able to do, though Mozilla is working on adding more capabilities to their version of WebExtensions, including some that other browsers don't have. However, it is actually the case that some very popular extensions (even though I personally wasn't especially reliant on them, though I used some of them sometimes) could not be ported to the new system without major changes or losses in functionality. (A good example is that the new version of Tile Tabs, an extension that enabled you to see two tabs' contents side-by-side, now moves the tabs to new windows and tiles them, rather than being "truly" tile tabs.) Somewhere down the line, the Firefox version of WebExtensions may mature to the point where most behavior can be duplicated...but for now, there are some limitations.

I'd heard some people complaining that this would destroy Firefox, it would have no niche over other browsers now, etc. This got me upset too. Not that I have anything against any other browsers, but I just want to live in a world with multiple viable, popular browsers. One browser dominating can carry a whole host of problems. Nowadays, Firefox is the second most popular browser, but far behind Google Chrome. If Firefox lost even what it had, would Google be able to dominate the browser universe? That seemed like a scary thought to me, not because I have anything against Google Chrome (it's a pretty great browser really, I used it as my main for a while), but because monopolies can be dangerous.

Anyway, at some point, Firefox brought to my attention the capability to use the beta version of Firefox 57, which they called "Firefox Quantum". And I actually took them up on it. I thought, "well, might as well try it now/get it over with". or something like that. And when I used it...WOW! I was shocked. Yes, the extension system has been changed, true, but the browser overall is massively improved. The speed and responsiveness is way better, the UI is way nicer to look at, there have been some nice little tweaks to functionality and customization, and, what do you know? Actually, lots of great extensions are still available, including plenty of good (if not always 1:1) replacements for extensions that no longer work. While I'll concede the extensions situation still isn't perfect (and I feel the pain of extension developers who need to rewrite their extensions or even can't port their extensions, certainly), I must say that for me personally as a user, the transition caused barely any problems. In addition, I understand better why it was necessary. In the past, any major changes to Firefox could break extensions. Now, thanks to this standardized system, Mozilla is freer to make adjustments and improvements and extensions that work with WebExtensions will still work. And if Mozilla is going to be making improvements this drastic, I say keep 'em coming, and do what it takes to facilitate that happening.

I feel like Firefox has gone from being a browser that's if anything slightly worse than G.Chrome overall (but I still used it because it certainly wasn't significantly worse, not for my purposes, and because I liked what it stood for, if that's not too cheesy, in addition to perhaps a few small niceties) to one that's, at least in my opinion and for my purposes, genuinely better overall. The speed is more or less on par with Chrome's now, I believe the performance is supposed to be better (haven't looked into that too in-depth since I personally don't really notice or care about something like that), it has superior customization options, the UI is prettier, and there are plenty of little things I prefer (such as there being a great Screenshots feature built-in rather than having to install an extension that might not even be as good, the capacity to configure the minimum length of tabs rather than them always shrinking to tiny shreds when a lot of them are open, and many other minor things that I like). No, I'm certainly not saying it's drastically better than Chrome or other competing browsers (nor does it have to be - I mean, web browsers are pretty straightforward in their functionality, so I wouldn't really expect a lot of variance to begin with), nor that it has zero flaws, but I am saying that I'm very happy with it. Happier than I've ever been with any web browser, really. I know that shows my dorkiness more than it proves anything about the browser, but whatever!!

And Firefox 57 is coming out of beta in a few short days, on the 15th, so that's all the more reason to be so excited I change my avatar to a variant of its logo...oh man I am a dork. x_x Please forgive me guys.

On 11/4/2017 at 6:49 PM, Zaysho said:

a piece of Gladion with his Silvally which I adore.

So do I. <3

• Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going with a festive Digimon theme for December due to the fact that one of my gifts this year is going to be the third tri. movie, Confession. (In which Izzy gets a big role, so his Adventure self gets the spotlight in my avatar.) Display name is a reference to Izzy's catchphrase combined with Christmas, member title is yet another festive Digimon mash-up reference, and avatar is courtesy of one of the Japanese Adventure albums.

• Thumbs Up 1

Previous avatar: Boom Shadow from Season 2's finale, One of the screens that felt good to me was him in the cave. 

Previous signature is a scene from that finale in which he roasts Sonic.

Current avatar: Since I couldn't wait for December (nor wait to go back to using silly faces again) I decided to bring back an avatar, a Knuckles panel from Sonic Overdrive: The Next Level, but with a poorly drawn santa hat on his head.

Current Signature: Knuckles spinning right round with that ring from the Sonic Mania intro.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Currently, my avatar is Maetel from Leiji Matsumoto and Toei's Galaxy Express 999.

You may know her for being a mother-figure to one of Masako Nozawa's earlier roles before Goku, Tetsuro Hoshino. @DiamondX, lookin' at you.

She's very pretty for a character from the 70's, agreed?

On 12/15/2017 at 9:33 PM, MKG/Key said:

Currently, my avatar is Maetel from Leiji Matsumoto and Toei's Galaxy Express 999.

You may know her for being a mother-figure to one of Masako Nozawa's earlier roles before Goku, Tetsuro Hoshino. @DiamondX, lookin' at you.

She's very pretty for a character from the 70's, agreed?

Matsumoto has a very distinctive style. I am glad Daft Punk had him supervise their rock opera.

my christmas avi is the christmas costume for rayman in rayman adventures. i call him santa rayman, because the costume's actual, official name is raymas, which is a stupendously horrible name.

Right now, my avatar is Hagino Senkoji/Ekaril from a lesser known anime called Blue Drop.

Don't mind the glowing eyes of doom, that's just from a specific scene in the first episode.

She reminds one of a certain Tomoyo Daidoji...

It's a very odd series with a downer ending, but I enjoyed it, at times.

Look into her eyes...

My latest profile picture is one of my favourite forms in Dragon Ball - Goku's first transformation into Super Saiyan 3 (specifically angel). Having just returned from Otherworld, he used this form to fight off Maijn Buu at the start of the saga in one of my favourite fights.

Since I’m a full on official fan of Hero Academia and I’m charmed so much by the characters, I decided to make my avatar a hilarious gif of Bakugou (one of my favorite characters in the anime) refusing to have a medal so it’s forced down his mouth. 

He has a bad temper and had a shallow victory if you don’t know the context lol.

• Chuckle 1

Avatar is Amy from this print from Mobius Legends #2 (I think) a story called A Maiden's Heart-

sally_and_amy__coloring__by_ziggyfin-d9x

I liked the way this was presented and the colors here really worked, especially on the bottom part of this piece.

Signature is a Classic Amy sprite that's fan made in Sonic Retro. Whoever made that did a neat job in trying to capture what Amy would've looked like in Mania.

• Nice Smile 1

2018 starts out by honoring Batman: The Brave and the Bold just in time for the universe's return in a Scooby-Doo crossover movie with a Neon, Talking, Super Street Bat-Luge theme. Have no clue what you're even seeing in my avatar? Then I STRONGLY urge you to give the Brave and the Bold series and especially the series finale, "Mitefall!," a watch.

• 2 weeks later...

you might've noticed i got this snazzy new avatar. i created this for my youtube channel, as my profile picture and cover were well over a year old at that point. i decided to go with a sunset island look, as opposed to the space theming from last year. sonic's there because my channel is gaming-focused.

Avatar is Neptune from Hyperdimension Neptunia. In a real Neppy mood right now.

Aside from that, updated my signature to include my latest RP which I'm surprised I didn't add until now. :V

• Thumbs Up 1

My avatar is stolen from Deviantart.

It's Zero from Megaman fighting his evil twin, Omega.

I won't spoil their unique relationship for those that haven't played Zero 3.

However; in the context of being my avatar, it represents my own internal conflicts. Even the healthy ones. Want to beat your best time in a speedrun? Challenge yourself with reasonable rules. Want to beat Metroid Fusion with no expansions, except the mandatory missile during the first visit to Sector 3? Challenge yourself to learn the flaws in the bosses' behavior.

Been in an Ace Attorney mood recently, so my avatar is actually Athena Cykes. From this drawing on Tumblr. The expression here is pretty funny for her and Apollo. 

I like Apollo Justice more after the events of SOJ and DD tbh. Athena is alright, she's quite adorable during Turnabout Reclaimed. (Which is also my signature. The pirate scenes are pretty cool). I'll have to look up more DD to form a better thought about Athena.

• Nice Smile 1

February's combo is Sunset Shimmer-themed, in honor of the new Forgotten Friendship special premiering soon! Avatar is courtesy of the adorable "Pet Project" short that introduced Sunny's awesome pet Leopard Gecko, Ray!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so after seeing the trailer for the Overwatch Year of the Dog event, I had to make Widowmaker's Black Lily skin my avatar. It's really nice, along with Mercy and Genji's skin.

It's hard to find decently sized sigs these days, but it's Widowmaker in her Vampire skin i think.