Awoo.

The Avatar and Signature Topic

Superstrider

@DanJ86 Both the avatar and signature look quite awesome. I really like the concept behind the sig and the execution is nice too.

• Fist Bump 1

This and the previous two avatars are also Persona 5 related.

I think in December I briefly had a Haru avatar which looked cool, and then in January I used a Joker avatar from his Smash Ultimate reveal trailer.

I switched back to Haru (her all out attack portrait) after a couple of users used different Avis and it was awesome to have almost all of the Phantom Theives in the forum 😄

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

Decided to upgrade my avatar to the 21st century even if I ironically joined here during this century. Originally I was going to use this for this year but then I thought well artists don't really like their work used outside of their own accord even when credited so I went for plan B, something that is on my mind and reflecting the past with an uncertain future.

It is the case of coming full circle. Where has before the avatar was from the first episode, this one is from the last episode (well so far). From a promising driver with a smug on his face to someone who looks like that he's had enough and has let go over the years while the stakes are high. Where you question whether you do not know whether it is reality or fictional any more. It is fitting for what I'm going through.

So why Lupin? Simple, he is the closest anime or any character (living or fictional) to what I resemble. Oh and like Sly Cooper on which it was based on this.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished The World Ends With You: Final Remix this past month and fell in love with the story all over again, so going with a Neku theme for March. I'm especially proud of the double-pun in the display name.

Also replaced the Rookie and HerculesKabuterimon sprites in my signature with Bowz's BISDX battle sprite and my boy Ralph. In addition, Junior joins in on the fun to draw a little extra attention to my blog.

• 4 weeks later...

My next combo celebrates the recently premiered Power Rangers Beast Morphers with my current favorite character, Zoey Reeves, the Yellow Ranger. Given her whole rabbit motif, I figured she'd be a good pick for April.

• 4 weeks later...

May's combo celebrates the release of Detective Pikachu with a Mewtwo theme. Art is courtesy of the TCG set coinciding with the movie and both the display name and rank reference the fact that Mewtwo always seems to find his way into Pokemon movies. (Just this year he has a big role in TWO of them!)

• 3 weeks later...

I tried so hard to get a gif of Detective Pikachu dancing as a new avatar, but alas....the file size is just too big. Slightly above 1MB. An avatar can only be this or lower.

aRN5Ft5.gif

If I make him any smaller, it might ruin the quality. Oh well...

Got the stunning and very lovely Palutena instead. Still cute. Just not as much as a dancing live action Pikachu wearing a Sherlock Holms style hat.

Taking out my record level of depression on doing whatever with my newly rekindled interest in Lego. I missed so much since my last non-Dimension sets in...2001.

I’ve been on a big Kingdom Hearts kick, and the recent announcement of KH3's manga adaptation has got me rereading the previous Kingdom Hearts mangas.

Shiro Amano is an amazing artist, and I particularly love how well he's able to translate the very American Disney characters into his very Japanese art style.

I especially love his, frankly, adorable take on Pete.

14-FFA238-68-AE-4449-B5-E7-4-F18-EC94-E0

C374954-F-E52-F-4-B7-C-B740-8-AC21698-BF

74-C34545-6783-4784-B887-FD5-B0-E45-EBFD

618796-B3-9-F2-C-4-B5-C-B318-5-DA98-E057

What’s not to love??

• Thumbs Up 2

I haven't posted in a while.

A fair while ago, my avatar has been changed to a character named Gō Mifune, better known as Speed Racer, from his old 60s manga and animated series. Why did I choose to change my avatar to him? Well, I like Speed Racer. There's a charm to it that I simply really enjoy, having even grown an interest in him as a child when the movie came out (underrated classic, imo). I would like to collect his manga some day, of which I found was actually quite popular in my country.

Have you ever noticed Speed Racer's effeminate eyes?

I won't change it until my next SSMBversary this time, as I wish to keep a consistent image.

My signature now has a picture of Mega Man from the stage select of Mega Man 11. Go Mega Man, fight for everlasting peace!

I also changed my member title to lyrics from a song from Daytona USA. Takenobu Mitsuyoshi really made a fun and enjoyable soundtrack to an arcade classic, for sure!

• Nice Smile 1

Given the current status of the Telltale Community, I swapped to Gravatar to continue the cycle.  But then that was gone once I got back, so now it's just Big Alvin Sr.

On 5/13/2019 at 11:13 AM, Ernest the Panda said:

618796-B3-9-F2-C-4-B5-C-B318-5-DA98-E057

What’s not to love??

What the shit?! :joy: 

• 2 weeks later...

E3 is upon us, so as per usual, my June combo reflects it. This time around, I'm representing one of my most anticipated upcoming Switch games, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, with this magnificent shot of Deadpool taking a taco selfie from the end of the latest trailer. This shot combined with what little we've heard of Deadpool sounding like Nolan North's take (which I love) made this an easy avatar choice. 

• 5 weeks later...

July combo is live and celebrates the SpongeBob 20th Anniversary Special, "SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout," airing on the 12th. Avatar is courtesy of the Battle for Bikini Bottom: Re-Hydrated cover. Happy 20 years, Bikini Bottom gang! My life would be a whole lot less funny without ya!

I choose this one because it looks goofy as hell and I love it.

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures is a freaking oddball of a game, I tell ya.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My birth month combo celebrates the LONG-AWAITED release of Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling on Netflix with a theme based on one of my favorite Rocko episodes, "The High Five of Doom." (The "doom" part of it also works as a tie-in to Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus, also releasing on Netflix next month.)

Also, funny story about this particular avatar: I actually capped it from my Rocko DVDs back in 2016 when Static Cling was first announced so I could have an appropriate pic to rock when it released. Well, if you know anything about this particular movie, then you know how long that took, so to be able to finally use it is intensely gratifying. (In the time since, the DVD drive in my laptop crapped out, so that should give you a good idea how persistent I was with using this stupid Filburt pic.)

• Nice Smile 1

Oh boy, this is a long story coming. 

I had a name back when it was called a screen name (a very long time ago.) It fit me for the time but it was back since early high school and after about 15 years the name no longer reflected me as I saw myself. 

About two years ago I started thinking about changing my name, I settled then and realized it wasn't for me. 

Now, at the beginning of this year, I decided on what to call myself. Sonic has been with me since 1993. He's been a constant in my life no matter good or bad. I've enjoyed pretty much all media and, well, it's led to this. Bad day, Sonic. Good day, Sonic. Need a morale boost? Sonic. Sonic doesn't belittle, Sonic doesn't make you feel bad about yourself, Sonic is happy, carefree, sarcastic, and charming. Then, SA2 came out and my penchant for antiheroes led me to Shadow. Shadow does things that no one else does because it's the right thing to do. He will do the hard things people find they can't or won't. I admire these traits, that's why I like antiheroes. Shadow also has a pretty deep backstory, at least to me anyway. (Probably an unpopular opinion.) 

Anyway, off track. I do that a lot. In the vein of Sonic related names, it's hard to be unique. Most of them have been chosen or done, so I decided to do something in counterpart. Sonic is the Blue Blur. It's the coined term. Since Shadow is my favorite, I decided off something like this. Black/red didn't sound great and it was odd to say. Onyx and Crimson sound unique and also are representations for the colors of his fur. SO, OnyxCrimsonBlur. 

I got into picture editing with 3D paint and was fiddling around with it. I noticed that a lot of sites use a circular-ish format for their icon placements. (Facebook and Instagram are notorious for this) so I fiddled with some settings, cut and slotted together some images and based the circle off of Sonic's ring-opening from the games and Voila. My signature is my tagline from my social media's and has both gamer tags and art links. I'm trying to get myself out there a bit more (I'm very shy and introverted). Sharing this much is a bit of a gamble, but yeah. 

Well, there's my long story. Hope you enjoyed it by making it this far. Bye now ... 

• Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

My avatar is shot of Youko Ayanokoji from the obscure manga, OVA (and Pachinko) 3x3 Eyes.

She was originally a demon snake that possessed Pai, a major character and wound up with amnesia.

She was able to finally have a human body, but to her reluctance, she still has snake-like transformations for most of her body. One might think she's supposed to be a Lamia, but in this case, she may be based on Naginis from Hindu mythology, as the series is loosely based on Hindu gods.

It is said that Nagas and Naginis are more friendly towards humans than Lamias.

• 3 weeks later...

My avatar "Was" s Sonic fan character I created, which is basically a guy (Human, not animal) surrounded by emeralds in his super-form.

Not sure where he went, lol. Think I removed it by mistake when I was in my settings goofing around because I am still rather new to the boards. I will put him back in my sig whenever I get around to it.

September slings up a wall with a Surveillance Suit Spider-Man theme! For those not in the know, the Surveillance Suit was a costume used by Spidey during the finale of the first run of Spider-Man/Deadpool as a means to finally put an end to the psychotic Spidey/Deadpool dual clone, Itsy Bitsy. As Peter came to the conclusion that the only way to stop her rampage was to betray his moral compass by killing her, his new Surveillance Suit featured a few more...Octavius-esque touches.

I always thought the suit looked pretty sick and with me working my way through Spidey PS4 along with the Marvel's Spider-Man TV series FINALLY coming back from its last cliffhanger next month for a Superior Spider-Man arc, I thought it'd be an appropriate September choice. (I also decided to use this before crap hit the fan between Disney and Sony, so consider it conveniently morbid timing.)

• 1 month later...

October combo celebrates both Halloween and Luigi's Mansion 3 with a Polterpup theme! He's such a good boy.

• 2 weeks later...

I was feeling nostalgic, so I broke out an avatar I used around SSMB over ten years ago, from my favorite Sonic continuity, the Sonic X comic. Eggman's disguises were always a hoot!

Signature is Eggman boxing, because seeing Eggman just punch his foes is great.

• Promotion 1