Superstrider

The Avatar and Signature Topic

I was feeling nostalgic, so I broke out an avatar I used around SSMB over ten years ago, from my favorite Sonic continuity, the Sonic X comic. Eggman's disguises were always a hoot!

Signature is Eggman boxing, because seeing Eggman just punch his foes is great.

November comes in with probably the only explicitly Thanksgiving-themed combo I'll ever have, representing my favorite television special associated with said holiday, Aqua Teen Hunger Force's "The Dressing." If you haven't seen it, just know that it involves robot Turkeys supposedly from the future rebelling against evil Chickens using an array of laser-guided footwear kept safe in a plastic garbage bag. God, I love ATHF.

I’m changing my avatars for the next three months so it can correspond to the major holiday each month. Obviously, since it’s November and I’m a Murican, I have my avatar set as a Turkey Kirby to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Not gonna do the same with my signature, though. Too lazy, and I barely even get to see it anyways, due to primarily being a mobile user.

Thanksgiving is over, bringing forth my long-awaited Christmas combo! This year, I'm utilizing a render from Nintendo's 2019 Christmas season promotions for a festive Bowser theme! True, said artwork is just a slight reworking of an already-existing one from Super Mario Party, but the sight of Bowz getting into the holiday spirit fills me with much joy regardless.

March combo comes in just a little bit early to celebrate something actually happening at the end of February: Pokemon Day, but particularly the dub premiere of Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution on Netflix. I'm a huge Mewtwo fan, so of course I had to highlight his fancy redesigned armor. Very excited to see my favorite version of the Genetic Pokemon back in action! (Even if it's a remake.)

Since my newest avatar is major departure from my usual choices, I thought I’d address it.

I decided to go with the heroine from my favourite Studio Ghibli movie, the incredibly underrated Only Yesterday.

Switching up my profile for May with a Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers theme, chiefly because that show's elusive English dub has finally started to surface recently and I've been watching it. As an EMH fan, getting to watch another Avengers show with Colleen O'Shaughnessy as Wasp makes me VERY happy.

Usually go with something gaming-related for June to celebrate E3, but with COVID-19 putting a kibosh on that and me not wanting to jinx any game stuff still expected to release then (namely the Smash and Pokemon DLC) or any potential surprises by being presumptuous, I went for something a little different this year.

I ended up picking a Fluttershy theme, as I finally finished MLP FIM on Hulu a couple weeks ago and it put me in kind of a Pony mood. This combo is specifically based on one of my favorite Equestria Girls shorts starring Flutts: 

After seeing the rather interesting video about Brazilian Eggman, a bizarre feature on an official Sega game show called Play Game, I had to rep the guy here.

Since my avatar/signature no longer follows the Eggette theme, I also updated my signature with Eggman punching down a wall in Lost World, because it's badass.