Awoo.

The Avatar and Signature Topic

Superstrider

In honor of his starring role on PS4/PS5, November's combo has a Miles Morales theme! Avatar is courtesy of a cover from the 2019 Spider-Verse comic series.

• 4 weeks later...

Finishing the year off with a SpongeBob Christmas theme! (Chiefly because of both the several holiday classics spawned from the franchise as well as the fact that I've got a few Sponge DVDs on my Christmas wishlist this year.)

Avatar is courtesy of some promo art I found for a SpongeBob ice sculpture attraction while my display name and rank changes reference both of the show's Christmas specials. (Unfortunately I couldn't squeeze in a reference to the Christmas album. My apologies to the incredibly calming Snowflakes.)

• 2 weeks later...

My avvie is Shadow sleeping as a dark chao attenpts to put a santache on him at Christmas. 

My profile coverphoto is Shadow in the snow. 

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't have anything super specific in mind for January, so went for something random: a theme based around one of my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! Monsters: Number 37: Hope Woven Dragon Spider Shark. Why that Monster? THAT NAME. Even when I first saw it while reading the Zexal manga, I was taken aback by how...amazingly ludicrous/ludicrously amazing it was. That mouthful combined with the fact that it's a Dragon, a Spider, AND a Shark?? How can you not love it?

Thought about it for a while and I've decided to make a series of avatars based on a specific theme in the style of Sonic Sketchog for Sonic's 30th.

The theme for this month is favourite character as well as kickstarting the theme in general. I've got a few favorites but I'm starting with the favorite when I first got into the series: Blaze! I may have first seen Sonic via the Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, but the first game I actually played was Sonic Rush and later Rush Adventure. I still think she's a cool character with an interesting story of sorts with badass moments to this day.

I'm using this icon format in case anyone wants to use it here...

Mine is Shadow promising revenge as he holds a emerald ready to do chaos control at radical highway.  

I have no signature. 

• 3 weeks later...

Going Beast Mode for February with a Transformers: Beast Wars theme, celebrating both the 25th Anniversary of the original line this year as well as the debut of the brand new comic series by Eric Burnham next month. I'm particularly spotlighting one of the brand new characters, Skold, a female Predacon who transforms into an Alligator Snapping Turtle. (Turtles with spikes are one of my personal aesthetics, y'see.)

Decides to go with Daisy Fitzroy for a bold and outgoing term.

February’s theme is Boom Sonic, which is also based on a drawing I did in light of Roger Craig Smith no longer voicing the role. A rather abrupt and unfortunate way to end things IMO.

February also happens to be the month when Sonic Boom as a whole was revealed. 

IDW Amy Rose for icon because I'm catching up with the IDW comics and I genuinely love Ian Flynn's take on Amy more than anything. 

And Revolutionary Girl Utena as the signature because it's my all time favorite anime. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2020 at 6:45 PM, Angyu said:

My avatar is a pic of a Yoshi figure I bought from Walmart. :D

Poochie. ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

Suiting up with a Darkwing Duck theme for March to commemorate the excellent 2017 DuckTales series coming to an end on the 15th. I'm bummed that it isn't continuing (and that we very likely won't get any sort of follow-up to that awesome Negaduck tease from Season 2), but it's been a great run and I'm glad at least that it's going out with a bang. (The finale is the equivalent length of a three-parter.)

Avatar is from the Darkwing-focused "Let's Get Dangerous!" episode, probably my favorite this season so far both because of my general love of DW as well as all the great nods to some of the more obscure corners of Disney Afternoon lore. (Never thought Solego would make it to TV.)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/28/2021 at 1:37 PM, Dangerous Duck CC14 said:

Suiting up with a Darkwing Duck theme for March to commemorate the excellent 2017 DuckTales series coming to an end on the 15th. I'm bummed that it isn't continuing (and that we very likely won't get any sort of follow-up to that awesome Negaduck tease from Season 2), but it's been a great run and I'm glad at least that it's going out with a bang. (The finale is the equivalent length of a three-parter.)

Avatar is from the Darkwing-focused "Let's Get Dangerous!" episode, probably my favorite this season so far both because of my general love of DW as well as all the great nods to some of the more obscure corners of Disney Afternoon lore. (Never thought Solego would make it to TV.)

8A08C69D-182B-4370-8636-DC3E5BAC36BC.thumb.jpeg.61aa9ca7e48a8de12f3f2b922db60906.jpeg

Was a huge fan of Darkwing Duck back in my laddy days. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

April awkwardly stumbles in equipped with a giant conspicuous death-ray console to bring forth an X the Eliminator theme! He's my absolute favorite Harvey Birdman character (both because of his hilariously conflicted assassin/stalker personality and Peter MacNicol's AMAZING voicework) and since the new Birdgirl spin-off is hitting in April, I thought I'd show the original some love. (Hoping X eventually scores a cameo. Judy DOES have a crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrest, after all.)

Avatar is taken from one of my favorite X episodes, "Droopy Botox," where X gets so depressed by the possibility that Harvey doesn't like the way he looks that he gets plastic surgery...that no one can actually see since he never takes his mask off.

• 4 weeks later...

May brings a triple-threat combo based on the sixth Ranger from my very first Super Sentai show that I recently finished: Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger! I've chosen Zyuoh The World in particular for three reasons: 1. Misao is my favorite character from Zyuohger. 2. He has my favorite suit with the triple-animal motif. 3. ONE OF THOSE ANIMALS IS A CROCODILE. As such, the avatar I have chosen is his shift to his Crocodile mode from his very first appearance. Also did something a little cute with the member title.

• 1 month later...

June's back, and with it, the triumphant return of E3! To celebrate the occasion, I've decided to go for my traditional gaming-related combo. However, since a certain video game mascot's 30th Birthday is happening the same month, how could I resist showing some Hedgehog love at the same time? Double strength, in this case, since it'll also be Sonic Adventure 2's 20th Anniversary! (Can you believe that SA2 will be as old as the WHOLE FRANCHISE was back in 2011 next month?)

The two Birthday boys share the spotlight of my avatar, courtesy of an IDW Sonic variant cover for Issue #27 by Jon Gray. (It's too fitting with the Dreamcast there and everything.) I also threw in a little nod to the old "Head to Head Hedgehogs" print ads for SA2B in my rank for funsies. Hoping this E3 will be a busy one for the Blue Blur!

• 1 month later...

July gets a little looney with a combo celebrating the release of Space Jam: A New Legacy. The original film is the first movie I ever remember being a part of the hype cycle for. Not because of Jordan or Basketball or whatever, but because as a child who spent a good chunk of the very few previous years of his life watching Looney Tunes shorts recorded off of network TV (this was before the days of Cartoon Network), seeing all this new Tune stuff made me quite giddy. Now to see a sequel made 25 whole years later is both incredibly surreal and exciting for me.

Rather than use anything from the first or new film for my combo, I've instead decided to highlight one of my favorite Looney Tunes shorts, 1992's "Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers," where Bugs contends with strange-looking Carrots that pop out bizarre and poorly-animated clones of his typical foils. I've chosen Daffy's "Pale Stereotype" in particular for my avatar because the animators obviously had the most fun with him compared to the others. (With his character model changing scene-to-scene, parts of his body detaching and disappearing randomly on occasion, and even his mouth animation being replaced by a superimposed video of someone's real lips.) Fun fact: besides the obvious Looney Tunes element, Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers has one other direct connection to Space Jam: A New Legacy: Jeff Bergman plays Bugs in both!

On 11/22/2020 at 6:45 PM, Angyu said:

My avatar is a pic of a Yoshi figure I bought from Walmart. :D

Poochie! :) 

My avatar is Shadow with my 20th Anniversary edit. 

Signature.. none at the moment. 

• 1 month later...