Awoo.

The Avatar and Signature Topic

Superstrider

15 minutes ago, Ingolme said:

What motivated him to destroy the planet? And will anybody save it?

"You see... Being born from negative chaos energy, makes me naturally inclined to as obtaining power as possible... In time, I will have more energy than any star, any universe... But there is one entity I will never be able to surpass. That's right Knuckles, your precious Master Emerald. A source of infinite energy, created by the gods themselves. No matter how much energy I absorb, I will never be able to reach a level of infinity. Therefore, the only solution, is to detonate the planet, which in turn, will shatter the Master Emerald, into thousands of pieces. Dispersing them throughout the galaxy, along with their power. Making it impossible to be restored." That is his long explanation of his ultimate goal. He also says, "I will not be damned to eternal subordination towards that rock!"

tl;dr - He wants to destroy the master emerald because he wants to become the most strongest being alive. So he will destroy the planet in order to achieve that.

Hyper Shadic, a fusion of Sonic and Shadow, stop Nazo with the help of Super Tails and Knuckles. After getting defeated, he enters the void, where his energy is extracted and reverts him back to his normal base, then is blasted to death. Only a ring fell to the ground. Sonic and his friends have defeated Nazo, but he had enough energy to conceal himself in a ring and Eggman grabs it, which leads to the sequel. But the sequel has been cancelled so I'll never know what happens after that.

• 2 weeks later...

My avatar and signature are both of Joker, the main protagonist of Persona 5. Mainly because he's my favourite character.

I decided to use Juniper Lee now because she was one of the characters that I most liked and related at the CN. Also, it gives me motivation to let my hair grown again, I'm aiming to let it grown until my hip.

• 3 weeks later...

The spooky season is upon us again and I'm celebrating both it AND the fast-approaching release of Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope with a Halloween Bowser theme for October! Avatar is from an official Halloween-themed Mario illustration.

• 1 month later...

As you might guess based on how rarely I use Sonic-related avatars, I'm going into Frontiers hype mode for November. Peppered some references to various aspects of the game into my display name and member title while said avatar uses the main cover for Game Informer issue #347, which spotlighted the game and featured cover art by Sonic comic mainstay Evan Stanley.

• 4 weeks later...

CHRISTMAS COMBO TIME! Went for a Digimon theme this year with an avatar taken from the Our Digimon Christmas Carol album. Focused on Guilmon because Tamers is my favorite and even threw in a little reference to Yamaki's crew at Hypnos in my member title.

• 1 month later...

Starting off 2023 with a Skeledirge theme! Haven't started my copy of Violet yet, but I'm looking forward to having this magnificent Croc on my team.

• 4 weeks later...

Celebrating the impending release of SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake with my February combo! My avatar is the image of SpongeBob in Mario's duds from the poster for Nick Animation's Smash Ultimate tournament. (Figured it'd be appropriate what with Cosmic Shake being a 3D platformer and the whole costume gimmick it has.) My display name also calls back to Sponge's very first home console solo adventure. 

Avatar and signature are Eggman gifs from Sonic X, and my display name is a funny Eggman quote from the dub.

(They're all computer-related, but that was by accident lol)

• 5 weeks later...

March marks the conclusion of Ash Ketchum's long stint as main character of the Pokémon anime (in Japan, at least), so I had to commemorate that in some way since the anime itself was my first introduction to a franchise that has brought me a ton of joy and great memories over the years. (Still remember the first episode I came across while flipping channels: Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden.) As such, I'm breaking out a Pokémon anime-themed combo for the month ahead, which includes an avatar taken from the final shot of the show's current Japanese opening (which itself is a direct callback to the final shot of the OG Japanese opening) and a member title referencing the 2BA Master album and song. Monday is also Pokémon Day, so I couldn't have picked a better time for the switch. Here's to Ash, Pikachu, Misty, and Brock's final few adventures.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Next month is the long-awaited debut of the Super Mario Bros. Movie, so I HAD to dedicate my April combo to the hype. Specifically went with a Bowser theme cuz he's mah dude, and I'm SUPER excited to hear Jack Black rock him on the big screen.

• 5 weeks later...

My avatar Is the Sonic classic Mini Icons statue because I'm a fan of classic Sonic from the 90's era and that's where It all started and vibes to and memories. 

Making my way through a MegaMan NT Warrior rewatch now that it's on Capcom's YouTube, so decided to theme my May combo around one of my favorite Navis, SharkMan.EXE. I'll be experiencing the Battle Network games for the very first time through the Legacy Collection when I pick it up later this year, so I'm looking forward to seeing how all of these characters fit in to the game universe compared to the show's. (Including SharkMan, who, as I understand it, only appears as an optional boss in the first game. Glad the anime at least got some mileage out of that wicked design.)

• 1 month later...

June swings in with a Spider-Man 2099 theme! HAD to rep my boy Miggy in honor of his cinematic starring role hitting next week. Avatar is courtesy of a print ad for Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.

• 5 weeks later...

Getting PRIMED for July with a Sonic Prime Shadow theme, celebrating the next batch of episodes dropping then. Really excited to see how things escalate and how Sonic and Shadow work as a duo to try and fix things.

• 5 weeks later...

As July mutates into August, my combo also takes a dip in the Ooze to celebrate the fast-approaching release of the new TMNT animated film, Mutant Mayhem! (The North American release date also happens to be my Birthday, so that's pretty amazing.) In particular, I'm repping one of my fave Mutants in the franchise, Leatherhead, in honor of their film debut! (Now with 100% more Australianisms!)

• 1 month later...

With Power Rangers Day on Monday and the milestone 30th season premiering on Netflix at the end of next month, I figured it was a great time to celebrate the franchise with a PR-related September combo! Went with a Dino Charge Dark Ranger theme, since not only did I quite enjoy Heckyl's character in Dino (Super) Charge, but there are certain rumblings that he might be making his morphed debut as the Dark Ranger in said 30th season. (After having only previously achieved the form in the Boom! Studios comics, which my avatar is taken from.) Needless to say, I'm pretty hyped about the possibility.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

The spooky season has arrived, and with it, a Halloween Special in the IDW Sonic comics! Pretty excited for it, so my Halloween combo is themed around the Chaotix, who star in it! Avatar is courtesy of the Nathalie Fourdraine cover for the special.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

What would you guys say are ideal sizes for avatars and signatures? Do you know anywhere that has free templates?

Note: My avatar and signature were made to be thematic with the Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (movie) SSMB skin.

• 3 weeks later...

Halloween's over, which means November has officially arrived. This year, for me, that means one VERY important thing: THE SUPER MARIO RPG SWITCH REMAKE RELEASES THIS MONTH!!! It's not every day that your favorite game EVER gets a full HD reimagining with all the trimmings, so I, of course, had to celebrate it through my monthly profile refresh. Special mention goes to my avatar this month, which once again features lovely art from Nathalie Fourdraine. (It's actually taken from a FULL textless comic adaptation she did of the game some years back. HIGHLY recommended that you give it a look if you love the game as much as I do, as it's simply wonderful. You can download the whole thing on Google Drive here.)

• 5 weeks later...

December's finally here, which means it's festive profile revamp time! Went for a Marvel theme this year (featuring the cover of Spider-Man/Deadpool #12 as my avatar) because I'm anticipating a couple of Spidey-centric Christmas gifts, chief of which being Marvel's Spider-Man 2! (Already replayed both previous games to refresh myself on the story so far, so I'm excited to experience Insomniac's take on the Symbiote Saga!)

• 1 month later...

Surging into 2024 with an Armaggon-themed profile! Decided to rep the Future Shark in honor of TMNT Adventures' infamous Forever War storyline finally seeing print soon after multiple cancelations. Armaggon himself probably isn't going to be in it much if at all, but I thought he was related enough to all the time-slip hooha for the choice to be fitting. Avatar is courtesy of the cover of TMNT Adventures #44.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't really have anything particular in mind for February, so decided to just rep one of my favorite Pokémon, Krookodile, in honor of both Pokémon Day as well as my current rewatch of the Unova arc of the anime.

I had some updates to do. My avatar is a picrew of my OC, Amelia. I no longer have a signature, though I made sure to save the pic before removing it, for old time's sake.

I've been away a long while.

On 1/25/2022 at 12:31 PM, Crooked Croc CC14 said:

February swims into Shark-infested liquor with a Space Ghost Coast to Coast combo, specifically themed after the all-time classic episode, Kentucky Nightmare. In it, the show is bought by a liquor store with an inexplicable Shark mascot and things...well, escalate from there. It's easily one of the show's funniest episodes IMO, so I just had to give Old Kentucky Shark some avvie love eventually.

I love Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Birdman and Chad are my favourites.

• Thumbs Up 1